How important is Stamina? Topic

Piggybacking on the stamina discussion, has anyone seen success in playing an excellent player off of the bench? I could see signing a low stamina guy to play 18-22 minutes off the bench as a super 6th man.
2/9/2017 9:45 PM
Posted by mbriese on 2/9/2017 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Piggybacking on the stamina discussion, has anyone seen success in playing an excellent player off of the bench? I could see signing a low stamina guy to play 18-22 minutes off the bench as a super 6th man.
Oh yeah of course. Maybe the best way to do it IMO. He's always going to be playing fresh so he can be super efficient.

maybe more like 10-15 min off bench tho.
2/9/2017 9:52 PM
I was going to say, I would rather have a 90/90 (anything) 60 stamina guy than an 80/80/80 guy but that's only true at D1. At D3, I would prefer the 80/80 guy pretty much all the time (there may be a slow down/zone team i wouldn't) and at D2, I think that it's very situation depended.
2/9/2017 11:20 PM (edited)
Posted by mbriese on 2/9/2017 9:45:00 PM (view original):
I had/have a 900 SF that would've been my starter but because I offered a start to a FR I put him as a backup. I don't think he himself had better stats or was more effective but as a team I think it helped mine because it put a superstar in with my other backups and I feel it made my team way more balanced. My team overall did pretty good in that crucial last 6:00 - 2:00 minutes of the game that can make or break a game while your starters are resting.

Overall i I think I will do it again if the opportunity presents itself and see how it works next time around. Again this is all feel no real stats to backup my claim, only stat I have is I was able to take my Ole Miss team to the NT title game and I felt they were generally no better than a sweet16 / fringe elite 8 team.
2/9/2017 10:57 PM
At the d2 level running FCP/FB, I spend 90% of my recruiting time going through recruits in order of their stamina ratings. The other 10% is generally spent going through recruits in order of athleticism and passing.
2/10/2017 1:18 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/9/2017 7:03:00 PM (view original):
With that being said, I usually don't look at stamina while recruiting.
This
2/10/2017 7:55 AM
Posted by thinair on 2/10/2017 1:18:00 AM (view original):
At the d2 level running FCP/FB, I spend 90% of my recruiting time going through recruits in order of their stamina ratings. The other 10% is generally spent going through recruits in order of athleticism and passing.
It's certainly VERY important in the FB/FCP world. For the rest of us schlubs, it's not a core.
2/10/2017 8:36 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/10/2017 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 2/10/2017 1:18:00 AM (view original):
It's certainly VERY important in the FB/FCP world. For the rest of us schlubs, it's not a core.
I play flex / press, usually with 11 guys (one redshirt or walk-on). I think I've probably been over-estimating the importance of STA for my team. I start searching for recruits by stamina as you described, and I'm always top 10-15 in D2 in team STA, but there only seem to be 1-2 games a season where it really benefits me. I think I'm going to nudge down its importance a bit and try to get slightly better cores.
2/10/2017 9:20 AM
Stamina is very valuable for press. It is also valuable for starters/stars. For role players, stamina doesn't matter as much because 60 stm guys can come off the bench and play 15 mpg.
2/10/2017 3:28 PM
I personally put a lot of stock in stamina. It is not as imporant now as in previous versions of the engine but it is still hard for a guy to be an elite scorer (take lots of shots) if his stamina is low. Prefer at least 80 for elite scorers as a general rule or players in press or fb.
2/10/2017 7:10 PM
I remember reading a thread a while back where a couple of really good coaches stressed how important it was as well. I think it was old resorter and Gillispie. That thread many still be around.
2/10/2017 11:15 PM
Billy was a big supporter of stamina...its one of the few things i thought he was wrong about
2/10/2017 11:20 PM
◂ Prev 12
How important is Stamina? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.