more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

Sorry, norm, pajama is taking you out tonight!

Holy chalk, by the way.

3/20/2012 10:33 AM
Game of the night tonight: McMurry vs. Gettysburg.  Lake Forest vs. Trinity is a close second.
3/20/2012 11:17 AM
Posted by pepwaves on 3/19/2012 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Haha...thanks for the vote of confidence, ike. I wish it truly was that clear. But, I'm worried enough about winning a possible 2nd round game vs Hamilton or Wabash. Then if I win that game, I get the honor of potentially facing Trinity (TX), a team that should probably have been a 1 seed. So, even a Sweet 16 appearance is far from guaranteed for Macalester

That said, I think the following teams have the best chance at a winning the championship:

Brandeis
Beloit
Macalester
Trinity (TX)
Amherst
McMurry

And then there were four.

Trinity (TX) and Amherst are knocked off that list. Count me as one who is quite surprised by their early exits. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about...

As mrpolo pointed out in the other thread, 14 of 16 teams remaining are from the Big 4 conferences. That's a pretty decisive statement about who rules Wooden D3. 
3/21/2012 2:35 AM
Sigh.  Didn't like the Plymouth State matchup in R2, but still thought this Amherst team had Final Four potential this year.  Alas.  GL to the 16 still remaining!
3/21/2012 9:39 AM

My (entirely worthless) predictions for the Sweet 16 winners:

Beloit, Plymouth St, Macalester, Washington, Brandeis, Hope, McMurry, Calvin.

I don't feel confident about many of those at all.

3/21/2012 2:43 PM
My vote for "team of the tourney" up to now goes to Lake Forest College.  After upsetting both Trinity and Macalester, the Foresters deserve the honor!
3/22/2012 12:11 PM
Posted by xulapaul on 3/22/2012 12:11:00 PM (view original):
My vote for "team of the tourney" up to now goes to Lake Forest College.  After upsetting both Trinity and Macalester, the Foresters deserve the honor!
I agree. I should've known to take Lake Forest more seriously after they defeated Trinity (TX) by double digits. Very impressive tourney run...just wish they could have taken down Washington (MO) too!
3/23/2012 3:02 AM
I thought our team was good enough to make it to the Sweet 16 ( thanks for overlooking us in your original predictions pepwave!) Kidding of course.  We had lost to Trinity earlier in the season by three points so I thought we had a chance to beat them. We played over our heads against pepwaves and his very talented Macalester team. One of these years we will get past the Elite 8. We are due for a break through. But Washington's guards were way too much to overcome. Beloit vs Washington (MO) should be a great game. Come on  Paul and Slapshot ----Beloit and DePauw for a NT Title and PI Title Midwest sweep! 
3/23/2012 11:50 AM
Haha I learned my lesson in overlooking you ghammars. I will never make that mistake again. Interested in a non-conference rematch? 
3/24/2012 2:21 PM
Definitely. I'm surprised we haven't played before.
3/24/2012 4:15 PM
I think we have played once... back in one of my first few seasons. I probably lost...
3/24/2012 6:20 PM
Good news! The HD update that shows the full brackets (including winners) from seasons past will enable me to quickly pull the data I need to update this list... I'm hoping to be ready before the end of this season.
6/26/2012 1:56 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to the update. Thanks for putting this together wronoj.
6/26/2012 2:35 PM
NT madness in Wooden D3 has begun, and already we have some pretty big upsets. Skidmore (4), Washington, MO (5), Elmhurst (4), and John Jay (3) are eliminated early. No surprise that two of those teams are from Upstate. (Can you say, overrated?) 

Any predictions for the rest of the tourney? 

By the way, I think it is fitting that the Big Four each have a #1 seed. Should be interesting to see which conference's top dog makes it the furthest. 
6/28/2012 3:00 AM
It's tough to not like all the 1 seeds, although I think Hamline has a real good shot too.
6/28/2012 2:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56|57|58|59 Next ▸
more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.