Season 80 D3 Topic

Preseason Final 4

Ferrum   WIS #1  dukenilnil

Last season 31-40(15-1) Conf Champ, CT champ, NC loss

+ With 6 SR's returning from a NC appearence and the #1 wis ranking, a championship is the only way up and anything would surely be a disappointing end for the seniors.  Ferrums offense should be lead by SR PG Dileo as well as SR C Colucci with elite ratings for their positions both players should be expected to be preseason AA and find themselves their at the end of the season.  As well as duke being part of the upper echelon of coaches that have been around for awhile with multiple titles.

-Really nothing, maybe depth with 4 freshmen against uptempo press teams could give freshmen more playing time, but thats a very minor concern.

Predicted regular season record: 25-1 (15-1) 1 seed

La Grange WIS #12  dgravs

LS: 29-5 (12-4) National Champs

+Coming off a championship season, dgravs looks to continue La Granges newfound success in his short time as coach.  Leading for La Grange is extreme speed, no team will be able to keep up with the speedy duo of Chagoya and Shealey, as well as three big men capable of catching every rebound.  Elite stamina in the zone means starters are going to be getting heavy minutes with little fatigue.

-With a balanced class a super team could come in and cause problems, but zone and elite stamina, should make this a very minor concern.  No true lp/per scorer but again not big with elite spd/bh and decently high per in the guards scoring will not be a problem in the flex.

Projected regular season record: 23-3 (13-3) 1 seed

Redlands (WIS #14) trentonjoe

LS: 21-13 (9-7) PI champ

+After two straight PI championship games(1-1) tj looks to bring redlands back to the NT and make a deep run, with a great team it looks very possible.  With great defense everywhere opposing teams will struggle to score, and pretty much do anything, redlands has multip'e capable rebounders, good guard play, and will benefit from a high sos come seeding being in a great conf.  Bertsch looks to be the best scorer with high ath, reb and great lp

-Limited speed only 2 upperclassmen guards with above average spd, guards with elite speed could cause a problem.  tough conf, could give redlands a lot of losses and give redlands a lower seed than deserved giving them a harder run to the F4.  Again no true offensive threat.

Projected regular season record: 20-6 (11-5) 4 seed

Lawrence (WIS #10) noelvis

LS 14-15 PI 1st round.

+Lawrence is not one team that will be a popular pick, but i think possesses some great qualities to make a surprise run in the tourney.  With 3 capable deep ball players Lawrence will force teams to come out and guard the perimeter freeing up the inside for their elite rebounding big man Crane to grab any misses.  Not only will the great spd be hard to stop at the perimeter it should cause foul trouble for slower opponent guards.

-Not elite defensively, weakest of the 4 teams.  Not a lot of bh/pas guards means limited PG depth.  6 sophmores wont truly be able to make a big impact until later once they hjt B+ iq ratings.  tough conf slate could mean a lower seed than desired.

Projected regular season record: 20-6 (12-4)  5 seed

Projected elite 8 loss teams
Whittier 1 seed
Texas Tyler 2 seed  Rowan 4 seed
Beloit 1 seed
Maranatha Baptist Bible  3 seed

If iwas to guess NT i'd go Ferrum getting revenge on La Grange.

USA south takes home highest conf rpi.

hopefully enjoyed this, comment to get some discussion going.

4/10/2015 3:58 PM (edited)
My Redlands team isn't that good.....if we make the S16 I will be happy.
4/10/2015 3:19 PM
Good stuff here.  Hopefully I will be mentioned in a few years!
4/10/2015 3:36 PM
If I got to the Elite 8, that would be amazing with my IQs.
4/10/2015 3:39 PM
Posted by sweetpeapapa on 4/10/2015 3:39:00 PM (view original):
If I got to the Elite 8, that would be amazing with my IQs.
oh jeeze, didn't realize that your offense IQ were bad.  Hmm, I hate to do this, but in my projection going to have to drop you, can't believe I didn't see that, guess I saw decent defensive IQ and just assumed.  Updated Elite 8.   sorry sweatpeapapa thats my mistake
4/10/2015 3:58 PM
Love this kind of preseason analysis! Keep up the good work.
4/10/2015 6:30 PM
Think my team's defense could put together a Sweet 16 run?
4/10/2015 6:53 PM
Hamline!
4/10/2015 7:18 PM
Who's in line for Ham (agreed, they will be good)?
4/10/2015 7:49 PM
@jay you've got a pretty good team, your just really weak at PG so any team with a good PG has an advantage and an elite PG would kill your team even though you are great at every other spot.  I'd guess 2nd round maybe S16 if you get a good bracket

For Hamline I'd probably guess them to recieve a 2-4 seed but get knocked out in the S16, they are pretty low in ath at PG so I think that could be taken advantage of.  but I definetily believe they are a good team with a good coach and will have a great season
4/10/2015 8:26 PM
I think they'll be a one- or two-seed. Low ath at point guard is a pretty small gripe. They're probably one of the top three or four teams in the country that I've looked at in-depth so far (which includes all Top 25 teams). 
4/10/2015 9:53 PM
Hamline is pretty F'ing good in my  book.
4/10/2015 10:24 PM
This is good publicity for the S Cal conference; a projected three teams in the E8, active board members. Man, I can't imagine what it would be like to be missing out on the pure ecstacy that is being a member of the S. Cal fraternity. 
4/10/2015 10:53 PM
You guys can't be talking about Hamline in Wooden. Maybe the link got mixed with another world. Plus that coach is over the hill. Should have been fired years ago.
4/11/2015 6:54 PM
After the first games here are the big results:

#14 Redlands beats #4 St. Thomas 73-69

Calvin beats #17 William Patterson 57-47
4/12/2015 3:13 AM
1234 Next ▸
Season 80 D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.