yeah, still bitter
8/5/2013 2:46 PM
HD > master's degree.  Let's get our priorities in order here, red 
8/5/2013 3:02 PM
Gorloks man, seriously.  Gorloks.
8/5/2013 3:47 PM
Posted by bullman17 on 8/5/2013 3:02:00 PM (view original):
HD > master's degree.  Let's get our priorities in order here, red 
Hey, I at least deserve partial credit -- I analyzed and typed up my Final Four predictions before logging into my school website to work on either paper this morning, so I showed proper prioritization!
8/5/2013 7:37 PM
Ouch.  I knew each game would be tough but hammered in the first round?  
8/6/2013 2:13 AM
Midwest -- Top-seeded Piedmont ran over, around and through hapless Alvernia 114-56. Kenneth McCoy with 27 points off the bench. Alvernia with 31 turnovers and 39 fouls. Next up is undefeated Hamline, which moved to 30-0 with an easy 87-67 win over George Fox. Five players in double figures for Hamline, no one with more than 12 points. The 12 seed Elizabethtown knocked off Suffolk 55-48, overcoming a 29-20 disadvantage on the boards with a defense that limited Suffolk to 37.2 percent shooting. They get 13-seed Plymouth St. in a definite bracket-buster second-round encounter. Adam Walker's shot with six seconds remaining delivered 64-63 satisfaction. Walker finished with 15 points and 11 boards. To the bottom half of the bracket, where 6 seed Eureka ripped open a close game in the second half to roll 77-57 over Ramapo. That's what 60.8 percent shooting will do for a team. They'll face my call to win it all, Texas Lutheran, which had no trouble with the Castleton St. superclass in a 116-60 rout. Keith Flor with 23 points and 10 boards for the No. 2 team in the nation that somehow got a No. 3 seed. More double-digit mayhem as 10-seed W. New England used 54.9 percent shooting from the floor to pull away late for an 88-79 win over Rhodes. Donald Harwood hit 15 points in the win. Now comes the 2-seed, Wisconsin-Superior, a 70-55 winner over Brockport. Superior held Brockport to less than 37 percent shooting from the floor and just 3-for-15 from long range.

East -- Top seed Johnson and Wales is through to round 2 with a 104-63 beatdown of the Carnegie Mellon-heads. Bernard Abbott and Bryan Davis each with 20 points for J-Dub. Now they get a dangerous US Merchant Marines team that knocked out my alma mater Wooster 76-75 in overtime. James Wiggins hit a trey at the buzzer for UMMA to send the game to extra time after Wooster goes 0-for-4 at the stripe to squander a 4 point cushion with 30 seconds to play. In extra time, Richard Bernardini drains a three with five seconds remaining to put UMMA in front. John Earl goons a potential game-winning dunk at the buzzer for Wooster. Someone make sure our beloved pseudochamp is doing okay this morning. The 5-seed Ozarks had no difficulty giving St. mary's of Maryland its first loss of the season 64-50. Defense ruled the day as Ozarks was the better shooting team at 40.8 percent from the floor. They'll prepare for Colorado, a 77-75 survivor against Austin. Rod Kaneshiro's floater with 5 seconds left picks up Colorado, which trailed by 7 with less than 7 minutes to play. Donald Cote with 19 points in the win. The lower half of the bracket goes as seeded. Chapman wins 77-68 over Shenandoah as the 6 seed. Now they'll prep for Southwestern. The 3-seed advanced 82-64 over Beloit, thanks in part to 20 points from Patrick Hodson and an 8-for-16 night from downtown. Emmanuel wins 72-69 over the Wisconsin-flavored Concordia. Despite the narrow final margin, Emmanuel led the entire second half, at times by double digits. Concordia pulled within one point with 2:06 remaining, but could never pull in front. Now Emmanuel gets tough 2-seed Susquehanna, an 88-53 victor over Westminster (PA). Stanley Cobb with 24 points in the victory.   

South -- I said this region would be chaos, and it was. Just not up top where big-dog Trinity (TX) cruises to an 88-58 win over Staten Island thanks to 32 points from Frank Stuart. They'll face Newbury in round two. The GNE school won the 8-9 coin flip as the 9 seed, toppling Tufts by a 60-48 count. Neither school shot 40 percent in the game but Newbury got to the line more often to take the 'W'. Wentworth scored the upset as the 12 seed, easily sending Northland packing by an 80-63 count. It's amazing what 60+ percent shooting from the floor can do for the little guys of the world. The 4-seed Lynchburg might want to try and prevent that when they face off with Wentworth tonight. Lynchburg opened with a 77-67 win over William Paterson. Every Lynchburg starter finished in double figures, including 13 points and 12 boards from Anthony "Easy" Street. Now for the wild half of the bracket, where the 11 seed Dickinson torched my Final Four bracket on opening night by topping Buena Vista by an embarrassing 91-67 gap. John Penrose with 23 points as Dickinson did not attempt a 3 point shot in the game. Believe it or not, the contest was tied at 40 at the half. They'll get 14-seed Webster, as the suspected sleeper cell awoke for a 67-51 win over Wittenberg, who needed to foul more. Webster was 9-for-19 from long range, but only 8-for-18 at the charity stripe. The 10 seed Wisconsin, Oshkosh continued the upset trend with a 74-66 win over North Carolina Wesleyan. It wasn't pretty, as neither team topped 40 percent from the floor, but Oshkosh managed five players in double figures nonetheless. Only 2-seed Rivier escaped the chaos of the bottom half of the bracket. Kalamazoo came ready to play, but a Rivier ran through it for an 84-70 win, thanks to 22 points and 11 boards from Jesse Ames.

West -- Unlike other top seeds, Hardin-Simmons actually had to work in the opening round, raising fan concerns with just an 86-79 win over Utica to open the tourney. Terry Green with 18 points as HS collects 26 Utica turnovers to compensate for a chilly 40.3 percent shooting night. Now they'll get Millsaps, the 8 seed wins the coinflip game 60-54 over Palm Beach Atlantic. Clyde Pequero and Steven Snider with 15 points each in the win. UMass, Dartmouth scores another knockout for the 12 seeds of the world, taking down Willamette 69-67. Willamette missed on three game-tying shots in the final 26 seconds. The upstarts get 4-seed South Vermont, a 74-62 winner over Mount St. Mary. Cecil Simmons' 15 points were tops for South Vermont. On the lower half of the bracket, Whittier wins as an 11 seed, ousting Penn St. Altoona by a narrow 54-51 final. Altoona fans will be shaking their heads after watching their team surrender a 30-18 halftime lead. A 10-0 run by Whittier midway through the second half drew the teams level on the scoreboard. PSA managed just six points in the final 11:03 of the game. Now comes 3-seed Ursinus, which struggled 86-79 with Simpson. Daniel Gray and Lamar Hearn each score 18 for the winners. Overtime was needed for 10-seed John Carroll to slip past Calvin, 93-92 in a mild upset. JC was up by six with just over a minute to go, but Lawrence Burgess' shot from the right corner with one tick left in regulation forced extra minutes. In that time, Jeremy Dupuis hit a shot in the lane with 2 seconds to go to give JC the victory. It was part of a 27-point night for the 717-rated junior. Defending national champ Emory had a 71-61 start to their title defense against New York U. Timothy Lane with 19 points to help phalla's crew pull away from a halftime tie.
8/6/2013 4:14 AM
"A good craftsman never blames his tools."  Whoever it was who said that, obviously never spent any time with this season's Wooster team.

- Up 3 with the ball and 25 seconds left in regulation.  Four straight missed free throws.  Despite that, opponent misses a tying 3pt shot with 5 seconds on the clock.  No problem, we allow an offensive rebound and a buzzer-beating 3ptr goes in.  Lovely.

- Tied with the ball and 36 seconds left in OT.  Ooooohhhh, we make two of four free throws this time to take a 2 point lead.  Nice.  A clutch 3ptr by the opposition puts us down by 1 with 5 seconds left.  After a timeout during which an apparently ingenious play gets drawn up, our starting point guard drives with authority into the lane and all is clear for a game winning monster dunk, or perhaps more conservatively a just-as-effective layup.  No problem, he "blows the dunk" as time expires and we lose by 1.  Awesomesauce.

- An impressive perfect 7-0 record in the NT first round ruined.  Sad face.

Yes, my players are tools.  And I am definitely blaming them.
8/6/2013 10:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
jlrunrunuh ... how random can you get?

This guy doesn't even have an active team. 2nd identity I suspect.
8/6/2013 4:18 PM
Okay, I  had to skip a season due to a busy July. I am going to be back season 68.
I got that from ''peanuts''. Snoopy was playing golf and I was quoting Charlie Brown. 
8/6/2013 5:03 PM (edited)
Apology ... thought it was strange. My bad.
8/6/2013 5:35 PM
Phalla- if i were you i would have asked me if i had my brain still on.....
8/6/2013 8:03 PM
Round 2 rundown

Midwest -- Top seed Piedmont scored 54 points in the second half to fight off Hamline's bid to stay unbeaten on the season, 87-76. Hamline led by 4 at the break, but 26 turnovers ultimately spelled doom. Dale Otani with 17 points in the win for Piedmont. Their Sweet 16 dance partner will be 12 seed Elisabethtown, which also had a strong second half to pull away from Plymouth St. 73-56. Adam Webb with 25 points for the winners while Julian Nguyen chipped in with 22. On the bottom of the region, Texas Lutheran torched Eureka 118-59. In two tournament games, TL has now scored 234 points. Richard Schwinn with 26 points while Keith Flor and Jason Moore each added 20. Next in line for the juggernauts of the ASC will be Wisconsin-Superior. Superior fought off W. New England's bid to rally from a 14-point second half deficit to score a 61-56 win. The Texas Lutheran-Wisconsin, Superior game should really be a clash of titans tonight!

East -- The top four seeds survive to the Sweet 16. Johnson and Wales, the 1 seed, rallied from 14 down at the half to win 76-65 over US Merchant Marines. J-Dub goes 16-for-24 from the floor after what was described by players as a "spirited halftime pep talk" from spasticity. Bryan Davis with 18 points in the win. After a round 1 scare, Colorado needed no drama last night, winning 69-51 over Ozarks. The 4 seed held Ozarks to 31.5 percent shooting. Cary Jessup with 22 points in the win. On the lower half of the East, 3 seed Southwestern advances 74-67 over Chapman, despite being outrebounded 40-28. Forcing 22 turnovers may have countered that disparity on the glass. Getting 20 points from Patrick Hodson also didn't hurt. Now they'll face 2 seed Susquehanna, who rode its defense to a 63-54 win over Emmanuel. Stanley Cobb with 18 points in the victory.

South -- Top-seeded Trinity (TX) locked down defensively to post a 64-56 win over Newbury as the University and GNE locked horns. Steven Carter had 20 points and 17 boards for losing Newbury. Frank Stuart countered with 21 points for the victors. The top seed will now get 12 seed Wentworth, which continued its upset ways in a 73-64 win over Lynchburg. Jim Gleaves' 23 points helped score the knockout as Wentworth fell 39-26 in rebounding. On the undercard, Webster, the scariest 14 seed alive, threw the hammer down in the second half for a 98-72 win over Dickinson. Six players in double figures for the winners, led by Chad Zidek's 21-point night. Webster also forced 26 turnovers in the contest. Wonder if that got the attention of 2 seed Rivier, which managed only a single made free throw in the final 2:25 of its game against Wisconsin, Oshkosh, but escaped 72-71 with the win. Oshkosh misfired on a pair of potential game-winning shots late in the contest.

West -- The tournament lost its first top seed. After giving fans heartburn in the opening round, Hardin-Simmons could manage just 34.8 percent shooting and faded hard in the second half, falling 70-56 to 8 seed Millsaps. Clyde Pequero's 17 points helped spark the upset. Now they'll face 4 seed South Vermont, which scored a 72-62 win over UMass, Dartmouth. Nothing particularly flashy about this game other than Vermont's 21 turnovers forced, including 13 steals. The lower half of the bracket saw Whittier pick off 3 seed Ursinus by an 83-73 margin. Whittier forced 25 turnovers and had four starters in double figures, led by Jack Shanley's 17 points and 9 boards. Their reward is a date with the defending champs. In a throwback to yesteryear, both Emory and John Carroll broke out the defense while fans broke out the No-Doze in this 50-37 victory for Emory. Kurt Shoe and James "Pour Me" Beers each had 11 points in the victory.

8/7/2013 2:45 AM
Let's see here, what is this possible elite 8 matchup I am seeing in the West?  Could there be a Millsaps-Whittier rematch in the offing?
8/7/2013 10:37 AM
I saw that too, bullman. Very interested to see the outcome in Texas Lutheran - Wisconsin, Superior tonight. I've never been so happy to lose a game in my life as I was last night to drop the contest to Superior and spare myself the encounter with Lutheran.
8/7/2013 1:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
D3, Season 67 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.