52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Way to go Nate, for tellin' it like it is.  I hope you'll finish off your 4 groups.  Right on about evaluaters always being too kind - scared to step on toes I guess.  Or maybe it's just that a $52M team can't look too bad.

Interesting comments, scud.  Now if you'd only translate them into English once you've come down off of whatever you were on... 
9/2/2012 8:12 AM
Working on it now, sorry college football sucked away my entire day yesterday.
9/2/2012 1:34 PM
LeBron is not the SF..how many times have I got to say that?
9/2/2012 4:00 PM
Posted by xxevilivexx on 9/2/2012 4:00:00 PM (view original):
LeBron is not the SF..how many times have I got to say that?
So you playing Terry Porter there?
9/2/2012 4:14 PM
OK, please see page 4 for the grouping of the teams, it is updated.
9/2/2012 4:15 PM
Price plays a maximum of 26 mpg. Rush plays a maximum of 26 mpg.
9/2/2012 4:31 PM
20) scudmissle - Larry Bird, Julius Erving, Pau Gasol, Troy Murphy, Joakim Noah, Maurice Cheeks, J.R. Smith
A very interesting mix, most of these players do one or two things really great but also have major deficiencies. This team does a good job of addressing one player’s weakness with another’s strengths, but I think this team is a little short of threes from the top usage guys and may not have the premium number of assists required to run the most efficient uptempo. In the right division this team will be in the top-2, but I also see the potential for some matchup issues that could push this team to the 4/5/6 line.

clearly, u've been playing in the mushrooms again. perhaps 500+ 3's is not enough. and 2500+ asts is a little short. or perhaps u just like to hear yourself talk. haha. good god, man. i can take serious critique when it's well structured, but to pick on the 2 strengths this team does have, well, nate, i'm disappointed. no way do you reach the 87.5% correct plateau. perhaps we do not make the playoffs, but not for the reasons you think. thanks anyway. appreciate the effort!
9/2/2012 5:08 PM
1) coachcroft - W. Chamberlain, Walt Frazier, Larry Nance, D. Granger, Rasheed Wallace, Don Buse, Tyrus Thomas
Who is your PG???? Is Wilt going to be your top assist guy? Granger misses too much and the best Nance is not a good usage fit here. I don’t see a team that complements Wilt in any way, shape or form. Sorry, I don’t think Wilt is enough to avoid a likely 60 loss season here.

Allow me to defend my brother here for a minute, because I think this team could do a little damage although I
 feel it is quite weak on the boards.  There are a ton of 3's here which is nice to pair with Wilt's dominating rebounding.  Walt Frazier will likely be the 69-70 version.  21% Asts, 54% eFG and gets to the line a lot.  Wilt will be the high ast% with killer eFG, Granger booms the 3's with Nance at the 3 and Sheed at the 4.  Buse will play the point and move Clyde to the two for two frontcourt 90 defenders, and Thomas will spell Sheed while Granger can move to the 3 when necessary.

Coach has been a solid owner for sometime.  you have been here three minutes.  Please don't lecture those who may know something you do not.
9/2/2012 5:24 PM
I am going to finish out my team and I'll post the rotation as well.
9/2/2012 5:43 PM
Posted by xxevilivexx on 9/2/2012 5:43:00 PM (view original):
I am going to finish out my team and I'll post the rotation as well.
My guess was (and it isn't a stretch)

PG - Porter
SG - Bron
SF - Anderson
PF/C - Unseld
PF/C - Jordan

Secondary as drafted

PG - Price
SG - Rush
SF - Bron
PF - Anderson
C - Unseld

Back up minutes for PF to be drafted.
9/2/2012 6:00 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 9/2/2012 5:08:00 PM (view original):
20) scudmissle - Larry Bird, Julius Erving, Pau Gasol, Troy Murphy, Joakim Noah, Maurice Cheeks, J.R. Smith
A very interesting mix, most of these players do one or two things really great but also have major deficiencies. This team does a good job of addressing one player’s weakness with another’s strengths, but I think this team is a little short of threes from the top usage guys and may not have the premium number of assists required to run the most efficient uptempo. In the right division this team will be in the top-2, but I also see the potential for some matchup issues that could push this team to the 4/5/6 line.

clearly, u've been playing in the mushrooms again. perhaps 500+ 3's is not enough. and 2500+ asts is a little short. or perhaps u just like to hear yourself talk. haha. good god, man. i can take serious critique when it's well structured, but to pick on the 2 strengths this team does have, well, nate, i'm disappointed. no way do you reach the 87.5% correct plateau. perhaps we do not make the playoffs, but not for the reasons you think. thanks anyway. appreciate the effort!
but I think this team is a little short of threes from the top usage guys

Murphy usage of 17.0, Cheeks 13.4, Smith much higher usage than I thought because I've never used him, also a little higher on assists than I thought.

Like I said it's a lot easier to do this once I can see exactly which versions of players are being used. I know the top version of the Dr has no range and Bird is under 100 3's, did not realize you had as many assists as you do.

Hey, I was trying to look at 24 teams in a short period of time without knowing which versions of players were being used, all for ***** and grins, so yea that as good as it is going to get given the parameters I'm dealing with.
9/2/2012 6:03 PM
I added 11-12 Anderson Varejao. 39.4 Creb%

06-07 Renaldo Balkman, 31.8 Creb% 86 Def

and 99-00 Arvydas Sabonis. 32.9 Creb% (backup center)

Unseld is not seeing any minutes at center.
Anderson is not seeing any minutes at power forward.

9/2/2012 6:05 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 9/2/2012 5:24:00 PM (view original):
1) coachcroft - W. Chamberlain, Walt Frazier, Larry Nance, D. Granger, Rasheed Wallace, Don Buse, Tyrus Thomas
Who is your PG???? Is Wilt going to be your top assist guy? Granger misses too much and the best Nance is not a good usage fit here. I don’t see a team that complements Wilt in any way, shape or form. Sorry, I don’t think Wilt is enough to avoid a likely 60 loss season here.

Allow me to defend my brother here for a minute, because I think this team could do a little damage although I
 feel it is quite weak on the boards.  There are a ton of 3's here which is nice to pair with Wilt's dominating rebounding.  Walt Frazier will likely be the 69-70 version.  21% Asts, 54% eFG and gets to the line a lot.  Wilt will be the high ast% with killer eFG, Granger booms the 3's with Nance at the 3 and Sheed at the 4.  Buse will play the point and move Clyde to the two for two frontcourt 90 defenders, and Thomas will spell Sheed while Granger can move to the 3 when necessary.

Coach has been a solid owner for sometime.  you have been here three minutes.  Please don't lecture those who may know something you do not.
Not trying to "lecture" anyone, sry if you took offense.

Someone HAS to lose, 24 teams DO NOT make the playoffs. All I did was put the teams in groups of six as I saw them and tried to provide some of the logic I was using along with what should be read as an attempt at humor. As you saw with scud's team doing 24 of these in a short period of time while making assumptions about which versions of players are being used is no cakewalk.

So in the future I'll only do this when I "win" the right to do so.
9/2/2012 6:09 PM
Yeah you probably ought to wait till you know wtf you're talking about before evaluating others' teams.  Your evaluations are pretty terrible tbh.
9/2/2012 7:16 PM
Dude the issue I have is when you decide to take a shot at coach and jethroeg...that was uncool.  I have seen coach do well in many leagues, and I respect him very much.  Jethroeg hasn't had the same success, but I still respect him as an owner who is trying and goes out there season after season to have fun and play the players he wants.

I don't mind a brutal assessment, but when you take shots at them directly it is insulting to them and the rest of the league.  We have a hard enough time trying to get these leagues to fill.  Besides I try not to do any assessments without attempting to understand where the players fit in and the potential seasons they may use.
9/2/2012 7:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.