52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

If I was Coach, I would be in to betting Nate on that 60 loss prediction.
9/2/2012 7:51 PM
malone9975. points well taken, the comment has been removed.
9/2/2012 8:10 PM
Posted by ashamael on 9/2/2012 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Yeah you probably ought to wait till you know wtf you're talking about before evaluating others' teams.  Your evaluations are pretty terrible tbh.
ash last time I checked you were no longer in this league, why don't you go back to your mighty 8-6 ODL team and chime back in the next time you don't quit this league.
9/2/2012 8:14 PM
Even though I'm not playing in this league, I have a few minutes so here's my impressions:

1) coachcroft - W. Chamberlain, Walt Frazier, Larry Nance, D. Granger, Rasheed Wallace, Don Buse, Tyrus Thomas

You've already said you're not using '67 Wilt, so I don't like it.  If you're using '66 Wilt or 44ppg Wilt, I can still manage some sense here.  Frazier is a good compliment but taken too early and is not really a compliment to what (a high scoring Wilt) brings you.  I like Frazier, don't get me wrong, but just not here.  Nance is a solid pick, especially if you play him at the 3... but then I don't see a real PF.  'Sheed gets slept on in these leagues, and he can be a good contributor, just not at the 4.  You really should use the 3300 minute Buse... don't talk yourself out of it.  With Frazier you'll have plenty of assists.  Not a big Buse fan anymore, but he's a pretty good value in the 6th.  I love Granger... his defense, threes, rebounding (for the 2) and ability to get to the line kind of make up for is lower than ideal efg%.  If you had him paired with '67 Wilt, then I'd be more in favor of it.  Here... meh.  You'd been better off skimping on the defense he brings you and opting for Michael Redd, who went much later.  Tyrus?  o.O  Not your best squad, coach, but I'm pulling for you to prove me wrong.

2) jethroeg -
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Gary Payton, Kevin Willis, Elvin Hayes, L. Barbosa, J. Havlicek, Paul Pressey

Kareem is solid.  Glove makes me bang my head against the wall.  Why would you take away from Kareem's effectiveness by having that dumbass firing up duds?  Willis was a poor pick as well; he's another guy that will take more shots than you want.  His glass prowess does not make up for that.  Big E... no.  Barbosa is the one guy that you drafted that actually fits with Kareem well: high efg%, lotta threes, compimentary usg%.  You'd been better off with a tier 4 pg that gives you some threes (barros, for example), some tier 5 or 6 rebounder at the 4 instead of willis, erase the fact that E exists and get a good tier 4 or 5 usage SF that gives you some boards and plays 2000-2500 minutes (and get a backup that shoots lots of threes).  As per usual, jethro, you get my vote for worst team.

3) tarheel1991 -
Michael Jordan, Horace Grant, Bobby Jones, Clifford Ray, Kris Humphries, Kenny Smith, D. West

Another nice squad, 'heel, though it's not up to your usual standard. Horace & Bobby... huh?  Ray is cool... Humphries is excellent... but I'm still confused by Horace & Bobby.  Also... the Jet is a fine pg or sg for 2000 minutes, but what're you gonna do the rest of the time?  Ray gives you nice assists while he's on the floor, but this whole thing makes me think you're gonna go with the wrong Jordan.  You could win 50 games or lose 50 with this squad and neither would surprise me.

4) xxevilivexx -
LeBron James, Terry Porter, Wes Unseld, Ryan Anderson, DeAndre Jordan, B. Rush, B. Price

Got a steal with LBJ at 4.  Porter is one of the best PGs in the sim... I can't believe people sleep on him.  I know I said LBJ should play point, but it's okay to put him at the 2 when you can get a near-60% efg% PG in Porter.  I love the rotation with Rush & Price, too.  Anderson is a stud 3 and you got him at great value.  There were better board options than Unseld available, but he's still a good one, assuming you use the 41% creb one.  I'm still puzzled when people draft him and don't use that season.  Not understanding the DeAndre love recently.  Mediocre creb% for a big man.  He's a tier 5/6 usage guy, so I don't think his 60% fg% helps that much.  I think you've made yourself quite average on the boards despite starting out with that as a strength.  I love the efg%.  I do think you're missing that guy that gives you a bunch of "easy 2s"  Borderline playoff team.  Either way would not surprise me.

5) tricky24 -
Dennis Rodman, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, Peja Stojakovic, Mark Price, Paul Milsap, Tim Hardaway

Alright, I've already stated how much I think pairing Rodman with a 4 that doesn't offensive rebound is a mistake, so I'm not gonna repeat myself here.  Love in the 3rd is a steal.  He's one of those guys that has so many strengths that I tend to give a pass on his pedestrian efg%.  You can't get the number of threes (not to mention in combination with those ftas) from a guy that rebounds that well.  Almost makes up for the Dirk pick.  Love Peja, even in this league, and you got good value for him.  Love Price but I think you overspent on usage starting with that pick.  Millsap is one of my favorite sim players... he has a couple of really nice seasons to use... but I wouldn't have picked him when I had Rodman (though he's stronger than Dirk).  Hardaway's not a bad value in the 7th, but you already have Price... You'll win some games because of the threes, but I don't see you making the playoffs.  

6) ncih (1) - Karl Malone, T. Chandler, M. Blaylock, Derek Harper, R. Tomjanovich, Johnny Green, JaVale McGee

Mailmain - check.  Chandler - check.  Mookie - not as big of fan.  I know I used him in the last iteration, but that's when I became less of a fan!  Still, you're solid.  Harper... huh?  If you were gonna grab him, you should have looked at upgrading your 2 or 3 instead of taking mookie so early.  One or the other makes a great PG... but I wouldn't have either as my SG.  Rudy T is a fine SF and fits in well with this squad, as does his backup, Green.  McGee is kinda meh.  This is the typical funk52 team... pretty good in a lot of areas, but the big picture isn't realized, and so this team falls in my favorite category, the 30-50 group... though you'll much more likely end up with 30 wins than 50.

7) ncih (2) - Kevin Durant, Buck Williams, Swen Nater, Rajon Rondo, Nick Anderson, Omer Asik, Eddie House

The building around Durant thing is taking some getting used to.  He's unlike any other player in the sim right now.  I think you had a good start but got off track.  Buck gives you nice orb% & nice efg% at a tier 4 usage.  Swen gives you nice creb% and good efg% at tier 5.  Both of these guys compliment Durant well.  I hate the Rondo pick.  A pg that doesn't give you threes or dominate on boards is not a good PG in this sim.  He plays defense and passes well... cool... but he doesn't do anything for the inside-outside game, which IS the sim.  You really had a great board advantage going until Anderson.  What the ****?  Love Nick... his 94-95 season is amazing in the sim... just doesn't work on this team.  This makes me think Durant is suddenly playing SF, which he should never do.  If he's not, then you've got Anderson doing it, and suddenly, you don't have enough offensive boards.  Asik is a quality 6th round pick, and House is outstanding... again, if you didn't already have Durant.  This is another 30-50 team, probably flirting with .500 most of the time.

8) malone9975 -
Shaquille O'Neal, Ray Allen, Serge Ibaka, Emeka Okafor, Kevin Johnson, A. McDyess, Raja Bell

Shaq?  Check.  Allen?  Double Check.  Serge?  Hell yeah, this is going great.  Okafor?  Oh man, I'm loving it.  KJ?  In the fifth?!  Hot damn!  You're a little weak on the defensive boards and might have overspent on usage (not as big a deal in the $52M as the $47M), but if you use the right versions of these guys, you have my favorite offense so far.  Use the right KJ.  I think this is definitely an above .500 club and maybe even a playoff squad.

9) bluenote75 - Dwight Howard, Donyell Marshall, T. Boerwinkle, James Harden, S. Curry, A. Iguodala, A. Biedrins 

Love Howard.  Marshall... I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, but he's still quality even if you took him a smidge early.  Boerwinkle - YES!  You are dominating the defensive boards with this squad... but you're a little light on the offensive ones.  Harden is a fantastic 4th round selection and a wonderful compliment to Howard.  Curry was the icing on the cake... gives you decent boards from the PG position, tons of threes, nice efg% and decent amount of assists (combined with Boerwinkle = yum).  Not a fan of the Iggy pick ,but I love the Biedrins one.  Remember, kids, Biedrins was a UVA staple.  That means something really good if you didn't know who UVA was.  My main concern with this squad is actually one I don't often harp on:  turnovers.  Howard, Curry, Harden & Bullwinkle all have pretty high tov% for their usages.  The efg% & the inside-outside should make up for that a good chunk of the time, but you'll lose quite a few games that you think you shouldn't because of giving away possessions.  I'd say you'll probably see quite a few games with 25-30 turnovers.  30-50 squad.  Odds lean towards the 50.

10) ginandjuice - Moses Malone, Elton Brand, Reggie Miller, S. Dalembert, Jose Calderon, R. Rogers, David Lee

Oh Gin, you always seem to put together a well-oiled machine of a team.  Moses at 10 was very nice.  Brand is a great SF that always seems to slip.  He has a little lower efg% than I care for, but his other strengths debateably make up for that.  Miller is always an outstanding compliment to any paint scorer.  Dalembert is someone that about 7 other guys should have drafted as their low-usage board-hoarder instead of who they ended up with.  I think someone said you didn't have an elite pg... but Calderon is an elite PG.  They are stupid.  57% efg, 30%+ ast%, 100ish 3pm.  That's what you're looking for out of a PG in the sim.  Rogers is someone I always stare at and stare at then never draft because of his tov%.  Lee used to be a round 2 staple.  Teh reason he slipped is my only worry about this squad:  defense.  This IS a $52M league, so your defense is a little underwhelming.  Specifically your back court.  I love Miller... and I love Calderon... but damn, you're gonna get lit up.  Defensive rebounding might be a bit weak, too.  30-50, favoring the 50.

11) katernberg - 
Chris Paul,  Kobe Bryant,  Willis Reed,  Josh Smith, Maurice Lucas, Mark Jackson, Marcin Gortat

Meh.  No.  No.  No.  No.  Meh.  Ok.  I like nothing about this squad other than the defense your back court will play.  Top 10 pick next season for you... maybe top 5.  CP3 deserves better.

12) banditone - Shawn Marion, Deron Williams, Wesley Person, Bob McAdoo, Dave Cowens, M. Redd, H. Hairston

Too early for Matrix.  Williams is a stud.  Person is a stud but was a reach.  McAdoo was a fantastic value pick.  I shouldn't be talking about Cowens.  Redd was a fantastic value.  Hairston is meh.    Weak on the boards and slgihtly overspending on usage are my only complaints.  30-50.  Favoring the 30.

13) dh555 - David Robinson, Marcus Camby, Clyde Drexler, Marques Johnson, Charlie Ward, A. Mourning, J. Tinsley

First, let me say this.  dh, you've turned into that owner that I've come to expect the most from when it comes to competition in a variety of league styles.  You've grasped an understanding of the sim that many here just don't get.  So, with all due respect, let me rip your ****!  Ummm... well... not much to rip.  Admiral at 13 is a steal.  Camby is the third or fourth best low-usage board hoarder in the sim.  I'm not a huge glide fan but his 94-95 season is legit.  Marques in the 4th?  You're a ******* thief!  Oh you went and done it... took my favorite back-up in the sim and made him a starter.  People sleep on the Heisman because of his 827 minute season that is so good as a back-up, when in reality, he has a very legit starting season.  Zo in the 6th?  Evil.  Tinsley is a quality back-up PG in any cap.  You've managed to draft plenty of usage so that nobody hits individual penalties yet ensured that the Admiral will be the top dog on the court.  Masterful composition there.  You're golden on both sides of the floor with rebounding.  Defense is excellent all around.  You got threes, you got paint, you got ftas to **** with the engine.  Playoffs and is my favorite thus far for the 'ship.

14) gunner21 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Bob Lanier, Lamar Odom, Dan Majerle, C. Andersen, Steve Mix

The good news is that you'll get to draft higher next season.  The bad news is that you'll have to live through this one with that awful team.  Olajuwon has no business in the 1st round (or 2nd).  Look up past commentaries for why.  Oscar was a good pick.  Lanier was meh.  Odom is no.  I like Majerle, but the course has been set.  Weak on the offensive boards.  Weak on fg%.  You don't have that guy that gives you easy 2s and your best bomber is Majerle.  Actually... if you replaced Hakeem with Tim Duncan this squad would be borderline playoffs.  Wow.  At this point owners should be punching themselves for not drafting Barkley.

15) 98average (1) - Magic Johnson, Brent Barry, Patrick Ewing, Dan Roundfield, PJ Brown, Rick Barry, Jeff Ruland

Other than the fact that Barkley was available when you picked Magic, this is a solid squad.  Good boards from the back court.  Roundfield gives you nice boards at the 3.  The offensive boards from Magic & Roundfield help with the lack of offensive boards from Ewing.  I'm still trying to figure out who's playing PF for this squad, though.  There are a ton of fouls on this squad, and the lack of a premier rebounder will hurt.  30-50... typically average.

16) 98average (2) - John Stockton, Scottie Pippen, A. Stoudemire, Bill Bridges, Tree Rollins, Jerry West, B. Daugherty

Stockton getting drafted before Barkley... wow.  People sleep on Stockton, though, so I can't really say too much negatively there.  Pippen's a nice 2.  Amare gives you easy 2s.  Bridges gives boards from the 3.  Rollins is a decent big man here and covers for amare's weakness on defense.  West's short season is very nice in rotation with this back court.  Daugherty gives you more easy 2s and is another person too many owners sleep on.  Below average on offensive boards but not drastically so.  Great efg%.  Good d.  30-50, leaning towards the 50 end.

17) sappy - Charles Barkley, Chauncey Billups, Robert Parish, Carlos Boozer, Hersey Hawkins, J. Nelson, Larry Smith

Yay Sappy gets to not punch himself.  Chuck at 17?  Please.  And then paired with Billups - oh my ******* god!  Parish is alright here, but I think you'd been better off going with a lower usage, more legit defensive rebounding big man (like Dalembert) here.  Booz is a nice pick-up.. the chuck-booze-billups trio would have sufficed for you at a high level of awesomeness.  There were better bombers out there than Hawkins, but he'll get the job done.  Nelson is the perfect back-up to Billups and you got great value out of the Smith pick.  You're golden on the offensive boards, but a smidge weak on the defensive ones.  You've got no way to hide chuck defensively, but that's not the end of the world.  I'm (-3) you and not looking back.  30-50, leaning towards dead center.

18) captainzen  - Artis Gilmore, Kevin Mchale, Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Joe Dumars, Tracy McGrady, Kenneth Faried

I love the Gilmore-McHale combo (see my DDL team).  Nash - omg, so much efg%!!!!!  HIll?  wtf?  Maybe you're not using one of his 'elite' seasons and are just gong to fool us all, but that was a pretty terrible pick.  Brandon Rush would have been ideal there for a 2-guard or you could have gone big and got a big rebounder.  HIll just was about as wrong as you could go with that pick.  Dumars isn't bad (can guard Nash's man, gives you some good threes at an above average efg%) but is weak on the boards.  You can't be using tmac's best season, so I'm not gonna assume that you are... wait a sec...

tmac in the 6th?  wtf?!  I know that I'm in favor of not getting high volume, average efg% guys, but tmac is kind of an exception.  He should have gone in the third to someone when it was impossible to build around that "easy 2 + bombers" theory.  Okay, back to c'pn

Faried is fantastic.  This is a 30-50 squad... 30 if you use a Hill and/or tmac that people fear, 50 if you find some way to make it work with average minute seasons and capitalize on some undrafted big guys to cover the boards.  That Gilmore-McHale-Nash offensive triumverate is too strong to **** with.

19) vancem - Dwayne Wade, Mel Daniels, Cedric Maxwell, Anfernee Hardaway, Dale Davis, Dan Gadzuric, Jon Barry

Nice pick with Wade.  There are only so many ways to build around a paint monster, and at some point, you have to come to the realization that you can't.  Wade is one of the guys that let's you have a chance by doing it "the other way".  Mel's not a bad compliment, but I felt he was too high.  I liked Chandler or Camby better here.  Cornbread is perfect - he gives you some easy 2s.  Penny... works.  Dale & Dan were really good picks.  Barry is a fantastic bench guard.  Vance, I've come to expect nothing less than playoffs or better from you, so don't disappoint me here.  I think you could have done better than Penny, but I can understand why you took him (and damn, round 4?  That's hard to pass up).  You're good on the offensive boards but maybe a smidge light on the defensive boards.  Everything comes down to Wade for you.  I'll still go out on the limb and say playoffs, though I honestly feel like saying 30-50 is the smart move.

20) scudmissle -
Larry Bird, Julius Erving, Pau Gasol, Troy Murphy, Joakim Noah, Maurice Cheeks, J.R. Smith

Bird at 20?  What are we coming to?  He's light on offensive boards for a 3, but Dr. J makes up for that.  Or it did until you drafted Murphy.  I'm still not crazy about Gasol... he's a fine player, but round 3?  I just don't see it.  Noah is becoming a staple for me - you can't hardly get 34% creb from a SF in a draft league.  Cheeks is one of those guys that I just flat don't like.  If he doesn't give me 3s or rebounds, he doesn't deserve to be my pg.  I don't care that he does shoot 57% (assuming you're using that one)... his usage is low enough that it's irrelevant to me.  J.R. is one of the best bangs for the buck in the sim... something strangely not needed in the $52M format.  There's a lot I don't like about this team, but there's enough good here to be in the race for playoffs... 30-50, like most squads in the funk52... feeling 40ish.

21) mikee1 - Bill Russell, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Andrew Bynum, Steve Novak, Mark Landsberger, Jason Terry

Love Russell but think you jumped the gun here.  I'd much rather built around Kidd or Duncan at this point, but hey.  Garnett in round 2?  That's where he should go.  I really don't like his SF seasons, but you can try and build around them if you so feel like it and be somewhat successful.  Pierce late in round 3?  I think people get blinded by his high volume, meh efg% too much and fail to realize what he does bring to the squad... and then there's the 55% efg% version, too.  Remember kids, the sim doesn't penalize overshooting 3s like it does 2s, in fact, 3s receive much, much more benefit from shooting boosts than 2s, so those high volume guys that make a ton of 3s at a reasonable percentage but have a lower overall fg% tend to do much better here than you'd think (Billups, for example).  So I like the Pierce pick.  Love the Bynum pick... it makes me hate the Garnett pick even more, though.  You could have a mean team built around the Bynum-Pierce dynamic, but KG just gets in the way and messes things up.  Novak's 1300 minutes are some of the best in the sim and should be drafted in every draft league, though round 5 might be too high.  But holy ****, you got Jason Terry in the 6th.  Again... Garnett WTF?  I would be so stoked about this squad if you hadn't drafted KG and were running a Millsap-Ibaka-Cornbread-Noah type at SF.  Still, you'll win games.  A lot of 'em.  30-50, favoring 50.

22) chris_snid - Jerry Lucas, Bill Walton, Manu Ginobili, Terrell Brandon, Andrei Kirilenko, Mitch Richmond, A.C. Green

I'm convinced that Lucas is overrated.  I just don't get why he goes at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd.  His best season board wise (and efg% wise) is only 3075 minutes (compared to his multiple 3600 minute ones). It's average defense and low usage.  But he always seems to go, so hey.  Walton?  Again, I feel like it's too high.  But I know you're going to try and build around the Ginobili-Brandon-Richmond dynamic again, and you can get those guys later, so why not? 

I'll tell you why not.  You don't have '67 Wilt this time.  But you've still got a rock-solid team, despite being a little weak on the offensive boards (the Green pick was nice and helped you out a lot).  This is a team that I would never build but should still be somewhat successful.  30-50 club.

23) natenoy - Ben Wallace, Tim Duncan, Shawn Kemp, Dana Barros, Chris Mullin, Kirk Hinrich, Chuck Person

Wallace was a steal.  Duncan, as long as you use the right one, is the next best guy after the great 8 to build an inside-out dynamic team around.  Kemp confused me, but then again, he had no business still being available.  There are about 6 owners there should have taken Barros instead of who they had, and Mullin is a fantastic 5th round SG pick.  Hinrich is okay as a pg sub.  Person is a personal favorite of mine... 3 years ago.  He doesn't rebound enough to be a 3 yet you have no room for him to play the 2.  You have no small forward, basically.  Very weak on the offensive boards.  Weak back court defense.  30-50 club.  Signs point towards 30.

24) jakotay - Jason Kidd, Dikembe Mutombo, Gerald Wallace, S. Haywood, Vince Carter, J. Przybilla, Drazen Petrovic

Oh Coley... Kidd was fantastic.  Mutumbo not so much.  Duncan should have been the guy here.  That would have made the Wallace pick actually good.  Weak on the offensive boards... weak offensively, period.  Haywood & Vinsanity are note a good foundation to build upon.  Very strong on the defensive boards, but that just ain't enough to be a winning squad.  One of maybe 5 teams not part of the 30-50 club.
9/2/2012 8:45 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/30/2012 1:46:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to note that this is just about the weakest commentary thread I can remember.
hmmmm.
9/2/2012 8:47 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 8/30/2012 1:52:00 PM (view original):
no ash
ah.
9/2/2012 8:47 PM
Posted by natenoy on 9/2/2012 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Yeah you probably ought to wait till you know wtf you're talking about before evaluating others' teams.  Your evaluations are pretty terrible tbh.
ash last time I checked you were no longer in this league, why don't you go back to your mighty 8-6 ODL team and chime back in the next time you don't quit this league.
Read the above three posts, nimrod.

And as for my mighty 8-6 ODL team... we're 14 games in... and 2 games behind the top team in the league.

a)  I typically start slow... it's a strategic thing I do with the management of fatigue.
b)  I've played in the ODL 8 times.  I've won the championship 6 times.  How many times have you won anything?
c)  You know nothing, Jon Snow.
d)  Just found out my grandmother has cancer, and I've basically abandoned the sim until this afternoon for the past week. 
e)  I'm fixing to be away for a week with extremely limited internet access, so who knows what the next 10 or 11 game cycles will bring?

But let's talk after 82 games in, dipshit.

9/2/2012 8:53 PM (edited)
Best wishes for grandma Ash-
9/2/2012 9:08 PM
24) jakotay - Jason Kidd, Dikembe Mutombo, Gerald Wallace, S. Haywood, Vince Carter, J. Przybilla, Drazen Petrovic

Oh Coley... Kidd was fantastic.  Mutumbo not so much.  Duncan should have been the guy here.  That would have made the Wallace pick actually good.  Weak on the offensive boards... weak offensively, period.  Haywood & Vinsanity are note a good foundation to build upon.  Very strong on the defensive boards, but that just ain't enough to be a winning squad.  One of maybe 5 teams not part of the 30-50 club.

Well I suppose I could fall in line with all the other cookie cutter draft league formats in the future.  Or I can try new things instead.  Disagree Duncan was the guy there because of whom I hoped would fall in the 4th.  Wallace was to play the 2 but had to move him to the three or get stuck with Jamison and did not want his defense in this league.  Off Rebounds would not have been a problem.  Had I taken Duncan or anyone else on other's suggestions I would  just fell in line.  Not going to do that anymore.  None the less since it all unraveled- I had to go in a different direction.  First time back in nearly a year and feeling my way around.  I'll get there.  In time.  Not a concern these first few teams though.

9/2/2012 9:13 PM
TO clarify... appreciate the comments- rather it be put in "I think" instead of "I know" but in the end I fully agree that Haywood is hard to work with as a foundation.  99% of the time anyways.  But Carter is useable as Ash has illustrated many times.  The real issue is that I am not ash so making him work is more difficult.

Thanks for the evals!

9/2/2012 9:21 PM
Thanks ash for the evals...for the record I am using the right KJ season....96-97
9/2/2012 9:26 PM
4) xxevilivexx - LeBron James, Terry Porter, Wes Unseld, Ryan Anderson, DeAndre Jordan, B. Rush, B. Price

Got a steal with LBJ at 4.  Porter is one of the best PGs in the sim... I can't believe people sleep on him.  I know I said LBJ should play point, but it's okay to put him at the 2 when you can get a near-60% efg% PG in Porter.  I love the rotation with Rush & Price, too.  Anderson is a stud 3 and you got him at great value.  There were better board options than Unseld available, but he's still a good one, assuming you use the 41% creb one.  I'm still puzzled when people draft him and don't use that season.  Not understanding the DeAndre love recently.  Mediocre creb% for a big man.  He's a tier 5/6 usage guy, so I don't think his 60% fg% helps that much.  I think you've made yourself quite average on the boards despite starting out with that as a strength.  I love the efg%.  I do think you're missing that guy that gives you a bunch of "easy 2s"  Borderline playoff team.  Either way would not surprise me.

I can't recall a draft league in which the first three picks worked out the way that I wanted them too. LeBron at pick #4 was a complete no brainer. I noticed that Porter was a go-to for yourself and I for one take note of players that you select, you've won this league multiple times, so anyone not taking notice isn't willing to improve in the sim. Granted it all depends on where you place guys, but Terry Porter isn't seeing any action beyond the PG spot and I am anticipating big things. Brandon Rush is low on turnovers/fouls and good for close to 10 a game. Price doesn't get taken as often in draft leagues, but should act as the perfect complimentary piece to Porter regardless of whether I play him at full minutes, or partial. His Ast% of 25 and low turnover/foul give me two guys who might average 15 combined assists and 4.5 combined turnovers. I'll take that anytime,

Ryan Anderson is again a low turnover, low fouls guy. I am hoping he'll get a boost from the passing. DeAndre was only drafted to offset the usage and truthfully I could have gained a better Center, but I opted for high effective, low usage.

I added Arvydas Sabonis to the mix and I think you'd approve of his inclusion.

I don't know how the team will go, but I am trying to field an anti-fatigue squad and I am certain that unless something happens, LeBron will be the MVP.

9/2/2012 9:31 PM
Hey dh watch out for ashley. I read the review of your team. I couldn't help but think she was writing it with her knee pads on thinking of you standing over her. 
9/2/2012 9:55 PM
Posted by ashamael on 9/2/2012 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by natenoy on 9/2/2012 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Read the above three posts, nimrod.

And as for my mighty 8-6 ODL team... we're 14 games in... and 2 games behind the top team in the league.

a)  I typically start slow... it's a strategic thing I do with the management of fatigue.
b)  I've played in the ODL 8 times.  I've won the championship 6 times.  How many times have you won anything?
c)  You know nothing, Jon Snow.
d)  Just found out my grandmother has cancer, and I've basically abandoned the sim until this afternoon for the past week. 
e)  I'm fixing to be away for a week with extremely limited internet access, so who knows what the next 10 or 11 game cycles will bring?

But let's talk after 82 games in, dipshit.

ash,

1. Check the timestamp, my comments toward you were prior to your posted evals.
2. Check the history of the threads, I have never instigated a back-and-forth with you, it is ALWAYS the other way around.
3. Your 6 ODL titles and $5 will get you a value meal at McDonald's.
4. This is supposed to be a game, for fun dude, quit taking it all so serious and insulting people, that's just not cool and not what people sign up for. Enough of the pi$$ing match already, it's beyond getting old.
5. We can talk after 82 games, I have had more success than failure on this site as well thus far, yea you know what you are talking about for the most part, but your way is not the ONLY way to build a winner here.

Good luck with the family thing.
9/2/2012 10:05 PM
Posted by 98average on 9/2/2012 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Hey dh watch out for ashley. I read the review of your team. I couldn't help but think she was writing it with her knee pads on thinking of you standing over her. 
wait whos this ashley chick...she likes wis and giving blowjobs?...at the same time too?....im gonna need her numbe....oh wait nm your just talking about ash again...dammit 98 i thought i had just found the perfect woman

9/2/2012 10:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.