I think you have to be careful and not ban tooo many elite players.  Perhaps you could ban more players of
varying degrees of talent.  Example throw 200 or so great to good players and have a banned player lottery
with the top finishers 1. - .54 as banned and the rest are available for initial draft.
Just thinking the lottery teams would gain too great of an advantage since so many great players weren't available
in initial draft.
Good job logain an interesting league concept!
12/19/2012 6:00 PM
I do like this idea. But I also agree with seapilots, the problem with the set-up right now is that tanking the first year to get a franchise guy seems like a great idea.
I'll think about it and see if I can add any ideas to this... this could be cool.
12/19/2012 6:36 PM
I like the supplemental pick for new owners too.
12/19/2012 6:37 PM
why dont we just do a simple 52 cap progressive with every player progressing at the same time?....maybe set a 10-15 year limit on the league too

keep it simple and then just focus on getting 24 committed owners....we get the right owners and it should stay competitive...every draft will have players available to boost any underachieving team

12/19/2012 7:32 PM
Posted by logain on 12/19/2012 7:02:00 PM (view original):
I could adjust the list as seapilots said.. I have some ideas to do this.
What are they? 
Cause I agree with seapilots when he said its best to ban some guys of different skill levels... but I still see a problem. By allowing some elite players (for sake of argument, MJ) but banning others (Wilt and LBJ) the owners at the bottom of the draft are at a even bigger disadvantage. If my first round pick is Tracey McGrady at 24 when MJ went number 1... I don't think that's all that much fun.
Which is why I still think that a double draft league with each conference having its own draft pool is the best way to ensure that every owner has an opportunity for elite players... but I'm not willing to run it and this thread is not about that so I'll drop it.
12/19/2012 9:10 PM (edited)
Not trying to be a downer though. I'm pretty much in on another progressive, regardless of the rules, as long as like dh said there are 23 other owners that I expect to stick around.
12/19/2012 9:13 PM
Posted by dh555 on 12/19/2012 7:32:00 PM (view original):
why dont we just do a simple 52 cap progressive with every player progressing at the same time?....maybe set a 10-15 year limit on the league too

keep it simple and then just focus on getting 24 committed owners....we get the right owners and it should stay competitive...every draft will have players available to boost any underachieving team

The one thing about this... sounds a lot like the PCL. I'm not sure about every draft having guys to really fix underachieving teams.
The number one overall pick in this years PCL? James Harden.
Yeah, he's nice and all... not gonna help you get past a well built MJ or Wilt squad though.
12/19/2012 9:19 PM
Posted by Ginandjuice on 12/19/2012 9:19:00 PM (view original):

The one thing about this... sounds a lot like the PCL. I'm not sure about every draft having guys to really fix underachieving teams.
Yeah, he's nice and all... not gonna help you get past a well built MJ or Wilt squad though.
I gave up too much for Harden but with a young KAJ I'm thinking championship run and soon.
I would've had Hodges & '11-'12 Harden season 4 firing threes at about a 40% clip and
Kareem 55% inside.  Would have been a fun team.
I'd like to see the PCL go 8 or 9 seasons but planning short term. lol 
12/19/2012 10:04 PM
I'd like to see a 50M cap.  Would have more meaningful cuts.
The team drafting Shaq would make for a roller coaster ride. 
12/19/2012 10:11 PM
Posted by Ginandjuice on 12/19/2012 9:19:00 PM (view original):

true but the pcl teams that are really struggling/abandoned are drafted by owners who doomed them from the start....we get 24 good enough owners, teams like that dont happen....most of the teams in the pcl were gonna peak at some point and have a chance to contend
12/19/2012 11:10 PM
With a $52M cap, I think the only way to have a lot of competitive teams is to have a double draft (separate drafts for each conference).  Banning players doesn't really make sense with a cap that high.
12/23/2012 12:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.