17. eleibowitz - Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen
18. ashamael - Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobili
19. tanguma44 - Charles Barkley, Mookie Blaylock
20. banditone - Shaquille O'Neal, Stephen Curry
21. natenoy - Dennis Rodman, Tyson Chandler
22. slymonium - Dwight Howard, Donyell Marshall
23. longtallbrad - Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion
24. tarheel1991 - Kevin McHale, Jerry Lucas

Katernberg jumps in at #9 to finish up the 2nd round. You will generally see the teams at the top after the 2nd round are usually the ones that pick in the top 10 in the first round. The money rounds are coming up, which separates the men from the boys.
5/11/2013 10:08 AM
My favorite part about 98's debate style is that he hasn't addressed any actual arguments anyone has made (my defense of Lucas, or which seasons of the top guys he prefers)
5/11/2013 10:21 AM
Posted by dh555 on 5/10/2013 11:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by badja on 5/10/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Listing Keem/Reed as dead last?  What's so special about Admiral/Ibaka? McHale/ Lucas is even lighter on boards than I am with about the same efg  .Kidd has not done much lately in draft leagues and neither has Marion.  I like them, but they are looking at bigs by committee.  Billups is another guy who is not on winning teams like he was years ago.  Felon has a nice beginning, but a long wait for his next picks. 

Sly might have the best combo so far.   Logain has unlimited options moving forward.  I have usage basically sewn up already with two 30ppg guys that shoot over 55%.  #22 overall?  hmm
i kinda agree with sly on dream/reed....mostly because of when they were picked....15th for hakeem?...he should be someone youre trying to steal in the 2nd....reed is solid but but hes nothing special as a 2nd rounder.....probably could have got him in the 3rd

and how dare you talk bad about mr big shot in my commentary thread...i should report that post

Chauncey certainly had his run, but I never see him on great teams anymore.  Pairing him with 54 efg Erving gives you a only 34%ast from the guard positions.  Love the 3's, but....
5/11/2013 10:46 AM
Is 98 sipping from tangs glass of nonsense?
5/11/2013 10:51 AM
Tarheel - I'm not one that enjoys giving out my secrets, unlike others (ash). I already said a few words about Lucas, I guess you will find out the hard way. Good news is after bandits last pick, it looks like you might be out of the cellar.
5/11/2013 11:05 AM (edited)
Posted by badja on 5/11/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/10/2013 11:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by badja on 5/10/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Listing Keem/Reed as dead last?  What's so special about Admiral/Ibaka? McHale/ Lucas is even lighter on boards than I am with about the same efg  .Kidd has not done much lately in draft leagues and neither has Marion.  I like them, but they are looking at bigs by committee.  Billups is another guy who is not on winning teams like he was years ago.  Felon has a nice beginning, but a long wait for his next picks. 

Sly might have the best combo so far.   Logain has unlimited options moving forward.  I have usage basically sewn up already with two 30ppg guys that shoot over 55%.  #22 overall?  hmm
i kinda agree with sly on dream/reed....mostly because of when they were picked....15th for hakeem?...he should be someone youre trying to steal in the 2nd....reed is solid but but hes nothing special as a 2nd rounder.....probably could have got him in the 3rd

and how dare you talk bad about mr big shot in my commentary thread...i should report that post

Chauncey certainly had his run, but I never see him on great teams anymore.  Pairing him with 54 efg Erving gives you a only 34%ast from the guard positions.  Love the 3's, but....
The comments are getting funnier. Chauncey had his run? LOL. He had his run on teams that owners that actually knew a little about drafting, drafted him on board. It's not about one player anyway. You have to have a great TEAM. The owners with the best TEAMS as of this moment I have listed for your viewing pleasure.

As for the Assist % Chauncey is at 31.7 himself so I'm not sure where you are getting 34% total from the guard positions. Also I will be using the Docs best season and that 54efg is not it.
5/11/2013 11:04 AM
We'll just disagree then.  IMO, drafting players with ~50% eFG is a good way to miss the playoffs. 
5/11/2013 11:21 AM
Posted by badja on 5/11/2013 11:21:00 AM (view original):
We'll just disagree then.  IMO, drafting players with ~50% eFG is a good way to miss the playoffs. 
The big question seems to be how to balance drafting high eFG  with drafting for rebound, make free throws, 3 pointer, low turnover, and/or defend. For me, Bill Russell's defensive reb%, potentially at PF position, and Oscar's FT and reb% at PG position was too tempting to resist.
5/11/2013 11:46 AM
98 I'm glad to see that you are really opening up and so engaged in the draft. But seriously. . . you don't want to reveal your "secrets" the way that ash does? Have you checked your record lately in this league. Yes, you built a 46 win team that won the division last season and I built a 35 game winning unit that sucked. However, by and large over the last 5 seasons at least your teams have been dominated and haven't even made the finals. None of your teams have won this league as listed in the dh555 championship forum. Please share all of your secrets so that I will know what not to do LOL!
5/11/2013 12:02 PM
I take all this with a grain of salt as 98 used to be a titan in this world and Im not sure what's happened but I still dont see any coherence to that list - 2 guards, hi/hi usage but mitigating efg, big small, hi/lo usage, two bigs, no boards, hi efg, mediocre efg, swiss army knife, no knife, shot gun - it's all over the place
5/11/2013 1:05 PM
Take your shots now vance. When the league is over and you look at the power rankings and compare to what the actual teams did, I expect an apology. You will be talking to yourself saying this motherf***er knew what he was talking about. Have your fun in the meantime. Like I said I am playing to WIN this season (for the first time in years) so we will see how dumb I am.
5/11/2013 1:15 PM
Posted by felonius on 5/11/2013 1:05:00 PM (view original):
I take all this with a grain of salt as 98 used to be a titan in this world and Im not sure what's happened but I still dont see any coherence to that list - 2 guards, hi/hi usage but mitigating efg, big small, hi/lo usage, two bigs, no boards, hi efg, mediocre efg, swiss army knife, no knife, shot gun - it's all over the place
That really did make make LOL!!! Swiss army knife!!!
5/11/2013 1:21 PM
Posted by 98average on 5/11/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Tarheel - I'm not one that enjoys giving out my secrets, unlike others (ash). I already said a few words about Lucas, I guess you will find out the hard way. Good news is after bandits last pick, it looks like you might be out of the cellar.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I won't finish in the cellar. But I think I am going to try something a bit different than usual that might not work.
5/11/2013 2:35 PM
tar, I know the ODL is a cap $5mill lower so you get more out of players and my team is built to maximize my high usage guy, Stockton and Lucas, but look what Lucas has done for me in that one: 17.2 ppg, 13.1 boards 4.1 ast and an efg near 58% with only 2.3 to's and 2.6 pf. Plus many a game like today when he went 9/14 for 22-16-8 line, and he saved me again. His 50D does not hurt that much if the team has the proper balance, plus D is way overrated by most people here, IMO the impact of D is marginal as long as you don't have too many sub-50 guys.
5/11/2013 3:50 PM (edited)
I reveal my "secrets".  Result:  Competitiveness of all theme leagues has gotten harder despite the thinning population of theme players while maintaining my own title streak.

98 doesn't like to reveal his secrets.  Result:  Complete non-factor for years.

IMO keep withholding your secrets!

I think Mr. Big Shot continues his streak of ending up on teams with an owner who doesn't know what he's doing.

5/11/2013 4:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.