DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

don't mention undrafted players~
5/13/2013 9:56 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/13/2013 9:56:00 PM (view original):
don't mention undrafted players~
haha i really hope this was posted because of iverson
5/13/2013 10:08 PM
kirilenko is one of the best defenders but he really doesnt have a position....most of his seasons are too weak on the boards for a sf and he doesnt really shoot the 3 well enough to be a sg....you dont have to always get boards from your sf or 3s from your sg but that what many owners look for in those positions...thats why ak47 usually goes around the 5th round
5/13/2013 10:15 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 5/13/2013 10:13:00 PM (view original):
by the way, DH is it the first time either Haywood and AI are picked?
i dont ever remember iverson getting picked

haywood wasnt drafted last season but he has been in the past...i actually used him in my first or second season ever in this league

like i said...good rebounder and very efficient but just very underwhelming on offense...most teams stay away

5/13/2013 10:18 PM
Don't be too offended tang but some crazy person always takes Spencer Haywood almost every season.

AI well. . .  he never gets picked. This is a great shame as AI will ruin Lebron's best season even more than McGrady did.  This is close to an all time terrible drafting job by iccoachb in this league. Hopefuly, he will take Wit next season so that Lebron can be used to build a winner.  Glad I'm not doing the evals because my rant would never end.
5/13/2013 10:21 PM
So, why are all these 'low efg' guys being picked? I was tempted by them but always tried to stay away.
5/13/2013 10:49 PM
Posted by maglor1 on 5/13/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
So, why are all these 'low efg' guys being picked? I was tempted by them but always tried to stay away.
They are being picked by ppl who don't know how terrible these guys are to use in the SIM.   Haywood is ok, but there are many better options out there.  AI is never ok.
5/13/2013 10:53 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 5/13/2013 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 5/13/2013 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Don't be too offended tang but some crazy person always takes Spencer Haywood almost every season.

AI well. . .  he never gets picked. This is a great shame as AI will ruin Lebron's best season even more than McGrady did.  This is close to an all time terrible drafting job by iccoachb in this league. Hopefuly, he will take Wit next season so that Lebron can be used to build a winner.  Glad I'm not doing the evals because my rant would never end.
Hey, DH... Vancem call you crazy!! you know you picked Haywood in the past lol
i also took hakeem early in the first in my first ever odl.....experience is the greatest teacher in the sim
5/13/2013 11:06 PM
Before the advanced stats, guys like Kirilenko and Haywood got quite a bit more love.  In my second ever league, I won my first championship with a squad I called SWAT Team because I started Eaton (I think), Dream and Kirilenko.  Talk about a trio you should never ever see on a one team now.
5/13/2013 11:24 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/13/2013 10:18:00 PM (view original):

haywood wasnt drafted last season but he has been in the past...i actually used him in my first or second season ever in this league

like i said...good rebounder and very efficient but just very underwhelming on offense...most teams stay away

Oddly I seem to remember a jethroeg or sixernuggets team with both Haywood and AI in the 52 Mil Draft.

I think I told him that he should name his team something along the lines of either Defeated or Lottery 4 Life.  
5/14/2013 12:15 AM
Posted by tanguma44 on 5/13/2013 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/13/2013 10:15:00 PM (view original):
kirilenko is one of the best defenders but he really doesnt have a position....most of his seasons are too weak on the boards for a sf and he doesnt really shoot the 3 well enough to be a sg....you dont have to always get boards from your sf or 3s from your sg but that what many owners look for in those positions...thats why ak47 usually goes around the 5th round
I was thinking to get him off the bench and play him in SG and. SF...and might consider starting him vs the Alpha dogs MJ, Lebron, Darth, Wade, KD and Dr J... so they don't kill me too much with their high percent rebounding for the 2 and obviously his 100 D will help and for the rest of the league make it rain 3s... with green and mookie and 3 rebounding hunters in the paint :)
that's how I'd think about ak47 - off the bench swinger/stopper makes the most sense -but it sure would be nice if he took a few more treys and made them at about a +3% clip - of course someone already took gerald wallace and he'snot much different
5/14/2013 12:42 AM
Now I may have picked Haywood in the past tanguma44 but I don't recall that. It is good that you have been studying up on me. If you continue to study the top dog in the league over the past few seasons, and ask questions, and learn, you may become a champion here like sixernuggets just did. But if you refuse to listen and become hard headed and hard hearted like 98average has then . . . you won't see your name on the list of champions my friend.
5/14/2013 12:53 AM
Posted by malone9975 on 5/14/2013 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/13/2013 10:18:00 PM (view original):

Oddly I seem to remember a jethroeg or sixernuggets team with both Haywood and AI in the 52 Mil Draft.

I think I told him that he should name his team something along the lines of either Defeated or Lottery 4 Life.  
haha yea that sounds about right...im gonna miss jethro...iccoachb is filling that void nicely right now though
5/14/2013 1:13 AM
I hear your points about taking Amare over Gasol to pair up with Howard sly. But it's too easy to defend that when you are playing against teams with really good inside defense. But having Marshall at SF is really the key to this working as either he or Howard can defend Amare's man. Plus, Marshall's outside game should prevent teams from sagging in on defense.

dh555 had Horace Grant at SF and that killed the team because Grant is a one usage point player who can't make any 3's. dh555's team lost 4 straight in the finals when the defense was adjusted. You also have Terry Porter on the outside who is a stronger player in this league than dh555's pg was last season in Steve Nash.

Dang it the more I talk about the Amare pick the more convinced I become that you were right about him being better than Gasol. I hate it when that happens. Great team so far man. I think that the PDX will shine this season. 
5/14/2013 1:21 AM
Okay 98average where is your updated power rankings list? 
5/14/2013 1:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.