DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Posted by slymonium on 5/13/2013 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Before the advanced stats, guys like Kirilenko and Haywood got quite a bit more love.  In my second ever league, I won my first championship with a squad I called SWAT Team because I started Eaton (I think), Dream and Kirilenko.  Talk about a trio you should never ever see on a one team now.
Bit sad that such team can't win. In real life, that can be an interesting team, even if not a champion caliber team.
5/14/2013 1:26 AM
Power Rankings
Through 4th Round

1. 98average -
Julius Erving
, Chauncey Billups, Connie Hawkins, Zelmo Beaty
2. theyard - Michael Jordan, Marcus Camby, Larry Nance, Kevin Johnson
3. iccoachb - LeBron James, Tracy McGardy, Patrick Ewing, Allen Iverson
4. maglor1 - Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Kobe Bryant, Bob Lanier
5. dh555 - Kevin Durant, John Stockton, Joakim Noah, Andrew Bynum
6. vancem - Moses Malone, Anfrernee Hardaway, Clyde Drexler, Pau Gasol
7. ashamael - Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobili, Alonzo Mourning, Horace Grant
8. felonius - Tim Duncan, Scottie Pippen, Marques Johnson, Robert Parish
9. coachcroft - Larry Bird, Shawn Kemp, Bobby Jones, James Harden
10. mikee1 - Wilt Chamberlain, Paul Pierce, Gary Payton, Charles Oakley
11. seapilots - David Robinson, Serge Ibaka, Bill Walton, Mark Price
12. katernberg - Artis Gilmore, Dirk Nowitzki, Gerald Wallace, Cedric Maxwell
13. slymonium - Dwight Howard, Donyell Marshall, Terry Porter, Amare Stoudemire
14. thomcat - Karl Malone, Dikemebe Mutombo, Walt Frazier, Dana Barros
15. badja - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob McAdoo, Steve Nash, Nick Anderson
16. eleibowitz - Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Kevin Love, Tree Rollins
17. natenoy - Dennis Rodman, Tyson Chandler, Deron Williams, Jerry West
18. tarheel1991 - Kevin McHale, Jerry Lucas, Buck Williams, Terrell Brandon
19. tricky24 - Dwyane Wade, Elton Brand, Mel Daniels, Wes Unseld
20. steelers821 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Willis Reed, Brent Barry, Mark Jackson
21. banditone - Shaquille O'Neal, Stephen Curry, Eddie Jones, Dave Cowens
22. tanguma44 - Charles Barkley, Mookie Blaylock, Spencer Haywood, Danny Green
23. longtallbrad - Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Tom Boerwinkle, Carlos Boozer

Logain - Incomplete. No 4th round pick.

A lot of movement. The money rounds are working out for some, but killing others.

5/14/2013 2:26 AM
lol - aside from putting your own team first (although I suppose it's a good thing to think your own team is the best) and a team with Allen Iverson in 3rd, I don't think the top of the rankings are all that bad.
5/14/2013 8:31 AM
but really, I see very few "bad" teams. It won't be easy to rank teams for the division draft, for sure.
5/14/2013 8:33 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/14/2013 8:31:00 AM (view original):
lol - aside from putting your own team first (although I suppose it's a good thing to think your own team is the best) and a team with Allen Iverson in 3rd, I don't think the top of the rankings are all that bad.
Explain to me how Lebron, McGrady, Iverson and Ewing work well together. 
5/14/2013 8:56 AM
Perfect usage during "practice". (Well, almost perfect.)
5/14/2013 9:44 AM
3 and 4 are obviously a joke. And that Grant Hill pick probably just sealed 98's fate as a borderline playoff team. Otherwise the rest of the board is not too bad actually.
5/14/2013 9:45 AM
Thanks Vance. Finish the draft strong and you're in great shape. I didn't realize dh made the finals with Dwight/Amare. I hope with Porter, D. Harper and Marshall I can bring home the hardware. Maybe we'll end up facing each other in the finals and we can guarantee Portland another title. Speaking of Portland, I'm leaving town in a few hours for sunnier weather- Vegas. Not to return til Saturday.
5/14/2013 9:53 AM
I am still enjoying the power rankings 98average. Will you still be on top after your round 5 Grant Hill pick? Between DR J, Hill and Hawkins who is the staring SG? Are you actually going to use DR J or Hawkins at the PF position? I thought I knew what you were doing before the Grant Hill pick. I do know that you have really stacked up the FTAs and the assists. I liked the Zelmo Beaty pick but thought that you would have preferred Gasol overall for your concept. 
5/14/2013 4:14 PM (edited)
This is definitely off the beaten path for me for my normal championship teams. I'm hoping all these assists pay off for me and it's not overkill.

Nice squad for you Vance. You have been steadily moving up the board. The money rounds have worked out well for you. Like I said, these rounds will separate the men from the boys.
5/14/2013 4:22 PM
Every time I've been ready to take a point guard in this draft, the guy (or guys) I was targeting in that particular round got picked within a few picks before mine.  I figured I'd be able to grab Ward or Harper in round 5... maybe even Calderon... and all 3 guys were available when I went to sleep this morning with not many picks before I came back up.  Oops again.  I am not excited about this squad at all.

5/14/2013 4:23 PM
My guess is Grant Hill plays the backup guard minutes, that's how I had planned to use him, the leftovers at SF. 20dreb 26ast, not sure why more teams don't use him as a PG here, on par with KG except for the D.
5/14/2013 4:30 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/14/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
LTB maybe you should explain how your squad (that has a stranglehold on the basement) works well together.
5/14/2013 4:31 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/14/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
they don't
5/14/2013 4:56 PM
well heel.. how do you feel about this trade in the end? 

I am not sure I am happy. Sitting out since the 3rd round has been tough...
5/14/2013 6:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.