DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Yeah, I'm not super happy about this. I really thought I had a good shot of getting 2 of my top 7 in my division - unfortunately they were the same top 7 for everyone, apparently.

5/20/2013 8:35 PM (edited)
I'm ecstatic LTB is in the division
5/20/2013 8:54 PM
Just for fun, by dh's ratings (in numbers of stars) tarheel (4): 1, 3, 3, 3, 4

logain (2): 1, 3, 3, 4, 4

tricky (2): 2, 3, 4, 4, 5

dh (4): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Props to dh for getting one from each "star" level.

I think this draft worked out like this: it worked better for dh to be at the back because it guaranteed him 2 of the teams we generally thought weren't very good, but it worked out worse because he got stuck with the consensus best non-drafting team. I didn't get any of the teams I considered truly elite, but also didn't get as many "bad" teams as I would have liked.

The fun part is that surely we all made some big mis-reads on teams, it will be fun to see what those were.

5/20/2013 9:06 PM
Posted by 98average on 5/20/2013 8:54:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'd think you should be thrilled to get both me and brad - sorry for putting iccoachb's powerhouse in here with us, though.

I can't believe I picked a team with LBJ #1 overall, BTW.

5/20/2013 9:08 PM
I like my team more & more as time goes by.

The Atlantic is probably overrated.  There's some quality owners there to be sure:  felon, 'heel, myself & brad.  But icc is new, so we'll give him a pass for that, but his team is really bad (sorry man).  And then we've got that a real scrub as well in 98.

5/20/2013 9:57 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/20/2013 6:29:00 PM (view original):
based on the eyeball test that went VERY well for you.

Atlantic... holy ****.

Yeah, the Atlantic is murderer's row.
5/20/2013 10:40 PM
Posted by 98average on 5/20/2013 8:54:00 PM (view original):
I've been feeling pretty maligned by the universe today, so it helps to know I've been on your mind.
5/20/2013 10:40 PM
Ok put an entire thread on this if anyone cares, and if you want to share league predictions.
5/20/2013 11:16 PM
dh, you and ash should work on combined evaluations. you both fall short on my teams and you are in for another rude awakening. your basis are not mine.
5/20/2013 11:24 PM
Look out- there's a bandit in da houuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssse!
5/20/2013 11:46 PM

Here is my vision for this season:

I win the division because my team actually matches up fairly well against sly and dh when compared to other teams.

These are best case assumptions, not what I really expect per se, but this would be the way the season would unfold if I were able to control destiny.

Sly’s solid D on the perimeter isn’t enough to stop my team from raining down threes because he lacks any 90D elite defenders in the backcourt. The fact that sly’s pf/rate is off the chart higher than mine becomes a critical factor as Daugherty and his high draw rate lives at the line during our matchups and Sly’s fouling machines of Gadzuric and Stat can’t even get their allocated minutes against me. Chandler shuts down Superman and destroys the 53D and 55D players that guard him by taking 8-10 shots a game and making 70%+. West fully exploits the ave foul rate of Harper and high foul rate of Tinsley and gets to the line 10-12 times a game, while Deron Williams lights up the 60D of Porter and Rodman completely neutralizes any advantages that D. Marshall brings, plus Korver saves a number of those 7 for 10 from long range games just for sly.

Durant struggles against the 90D of West and overshoots the ball thus landing him in the individual penalty more than would be expected. The high foul rates of Noah and Okafor create the same issues for dh as sly and my high draw rate high % FTA guys virtually live at the line. And my super-high efg frontcourt fully exploits the non-elite and slightly below average defending bigs for dh,  my team has a home efg around 60% and road around 57% against dh and I take 6 of 8 as Korver shows why he is a future 3rd rounder in this league.

After wrapping up the division title and the bye I am fortunate enough to defeat ash because of my home court advantage. Then Tar awaits in yet another playoff matchup and it’s actually my turn to beat him again as we go another epic 7-game set.

In the finals Vance awaits, and my team steamrolls his *** in four by putting up over 130 ppg.

Yep, If I could pick exactly how this season goes, the above would be it.

5/21/2013 12:17 AM
After a (very) cursory review, I'd probably rank the 24 teams like this: (need I say I'm starting with the worst?)

1. iccoachb
2. banditone
3. steelers821
4. katernberg
5. tanguma44  
6. maglor1
7. coachcroft
8. thomcat
9. longtallbrad
10. tricky24
11. logain
12. 98average
13. natenoy
14. tarheel1991
15. eleibowitz
16. felonius
17. badja
18. ashamael
19. seapilots
20. theyard2
21. mikee1
22. dh555
23. vancem
24. slymonium (of course)
5/21/2013 12:20 AM
Nate, I fixed part of your post for you

Sly’s solid D on the perimeter is too much for my team to handle and he stops me from hitting many threes because he doesn't need any 90D elite defenders in the backcourt to do so. The fact that sly’s pf/rate is off the chart higher than mine is of little concern because he'll have already scored 140 points.  Let's not forget to mention the fact that Daugherty sucks and his high draw rate won't matter because both Howard and Amare's FTAs combined, total more than 1600 and they will live at the line during our matchups. Sly’s rebounding machines of Gadzuric and Howard will always get their allocated minutes against me. I'm using the wrong season of Chandler, therefore he is unable to shut down Superman and is destroyed by the 53D and 55D players that guard him because one scores 25 PPG while taking 13-15 shots a game and making 60%+ and the other is a professional glass cleaner who will eat Chandler's ugly *** beard for breakfast.  West fully exploits his less than stellar efg% and high usg%, all while managing to fumble it away worst than Earnest Byner.  The ave foul rate of Harper and high foul rate of Tinsley means nothing.  Deron Williams follows West's lead and does his best Tony Romo impression while Porter drops dime after dime to his bigs while hitting 60% of the shots he decides to take.  Rodman will get his rebounds, but is unable to neutralize the advantages that D. Marshall brings, plus Korver only scores 11 PPG and will have trouble even getting that much against Marshall.
5/21/2013 12:50 AM
natenoy this is America so please keep your dreams alive. My dream is to win the title league again so that I will have 4 of them to match the great uvasooner. My track record overall indicates that there is a solid chance that this could happen perhaps even in this season. Now meeting your squad in the finals and your team beating my team in a sweep all the while averaging more than 130 mpg??? You are getting crazier by the hour man. Let's get the games going and then end all this nonsense. 
5/21/2013 1:56 AM
Very nicely done sly. I'll miss our extra 6 matchups this season Vance, but if I were to win the title there is no one in this league I'd rather have the chance to defeat than you because it will have been earned the hard way. GL to both of you guys, there are some interesting sub-plots to follow this season and I too am obviously MORE than ready for us to start.
5/21/2013 3:18 AM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36|37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.