DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Obviously my plan is to build around either one of the top-2. I have a plan for each and will either be taking only one other usage player or none depending on which guy I get. Its not at all unfair from my perspective because I will NEVER get one of those two players any other way in this league and the bulk of the low usage guys I'm after generally go undrafted in this league. Remember even though steelers has much higher picks after his 1st we all still deal with the exact same $52mill cap, its not like he gets to spend $60mill to my $44 with this deal.
7/16/2013 9:38 PM
1 2 2 3 3 4 4

vs

1 5 5 6 6 6 6

That's an unreasonable advantage to him.  It's not just that you're getting screwed in this (and you really are, man), everyone's getting screwed.

I protest this trade.  It is far more unbalanced than the trade Malone & I had worked out a couple of years ago that was vetoed.

(essentially, he's moving down 15-20 spots to be done with his SL in round 3 & done with his team in round 4, while you're moving down hundreds of spots cumulatively to move up that same 15-20)

7/16/2013 9:44 PM
LeBron James
7/16/2013 9:53 PM
swapping picks in advantageous rounds might be a more acceptable gambit
7/16/2013 10:26 PM

Ash,

I understand your concerns and I’m not trying to screw the league. If you have a suggestion that makes the trade “balanced” in your opinion then I obviously would take a different deal if steelers would as well.

The thing I’m trying to accomplish is to recreate an OL team that lost in the finals with the 50ppg Wilt. The team would have 50+ ast% at the G positions with a high A/T ratio, low tov% and solid D. The SF position would have 60%+efg with around 400 triples and the PF position would have solid D and superior rebounding. All four positions would be very low usage and Wilt WOULD average 50ppg or so and likely shoot 4-5% better than RL.

In the OL I obviously only had $42mill in cap space and I had to burn rookie minutes. I won close to 60 games with that team. I figure the extra $10mill in cap space would enable me to get the ideal players to go with Wilt without any concern for minutes. (Yes the competition if stiffer as well, but I think I can build a near perfect squad to go with this Wilt). Since Wilt is over 48mpg and 8-point usage I NEVER have to worry about usage and Wilt’s tov% is just above 10% so my team would have a significant edge in the possession battle since Wilt would get over 50% of my possessions. I REALLY want to see how this would play out in this league.

The key for me is that the other 6 guys I put with Wilt are players that almost NEVER get drafted in this league, so it just does not matter to me where my picks are slotted, because the guys I need to make this work are plentiful in the sim, but there is only ONE guy that can give you 8-point usage for 48mpg, can rebound, play strong D and NEVER fouls out, and I don’t know any other way to get him and give this strategy a try.

If you have suggestions then please share them and see if steelers is willing to downgrade what he gets.

7/16/2013 10:31 PM (edited)
Steelers- that was not intended to be a dig at you- sorry about that. It's just that the trade is so ridiculously unbalanced and you have the potential to just crush the league with that trade. I really don't know how that trade can stand on the merits. Not a dig at you either Nate, but we both know you'd protest it if our roles were reversed.
7/16/2013 10:40 PM
flip him a 3rd for a 5th and trade 1sts and 2nds?
7/16/2013 10:52 PM
how about nate get my 1 4 6
i get 1245?
so i would have 1 22 3 4 55
7/16/2013 10:56 PM
btw  next person can draft i think nate made it clear he would draft wilt and so will i if trade doesnt go through
7/16/2013 10:58 PM
I also protest the original trade between nate and steelers.
7/16/2013 11:04 PM
Also note to nate: You are truly crazy with that plan. Your low usage never drafted players ( I pretty much know who they are BTW) will have you losing the FTA battle big time. Wilt misses a ton of FTAs which end up being about the same as turnovers. You know experimenting with all of these crazy plans basically just provides you with built in excuses as to why your team's don't win titles and why you haven't been able to create a championship squad in the draft leagues. 
7/16/2013 11:12 PM
Oh dear... After seeing that  steeler and tricky both chose closer to 1, I was considering whether I should change my choice to closer to 24, since the sitemail said draft order isn't final until the current league champion is decided, but I guess such a change would make the current discussion about the trade between nate and steelers even more complicated.
7/16/2013 11:15 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 7/16/2013 10:56:00 PM (view original):
how about nate get my 1 4 6
i get 1245?
so i would have 1 22 3 4 55
We all ok with this one guys?
7/16/2013 11:30 PM
To me trading away 2 sixth round picks for a second round pick and a fifth round pick is still too unbalanced. 
7/16/2013 11:36 PM
Posted by vancem on 7/16/2013 11:12:00 PM (view original):
Also note to nate: You are truly crazy with that plan. Your low usage never drafted players ( I pretty much know who they are BTW) will have you losing the FTA battle big time. Wilt misses a ton of FTAs which end up being about the same as turnovers. You know experimenting with all of these crazy plans basically just provides you with built in excuses as to why your team's don't win titles and why you haven't been able to create a championship squad in the draft leagues. 
No excuses Vance, I've come close a few times in the ODL as you know. Yea, you likely do KNOW a few of the guys I would take, may throw in one mid-usage bomber and see how many triples I could squeeze out him.

I think you underestimate how much of a luxury it is to be able to build a team with ZERO usage concerns. Makes the rotation extremely flexible, maybe Wilt finds a way to foul out once during the season, but that is unlikely. FTA battle could be close to even if I take enough guys with low foul rates. In the OL my Wilt went for 80+ five times, that's a pretty cool boxscore btw. Come on, aren't you even the least bit curious to see how this strategy would play out here? I KNOW its a winner in an OL, and if I didn't think it would work here as well then I wouldn't be wanting to try it. The "same old, same old" get pretty damn boring after awhile, I want to keep things fresh, and I'd rather fail on my own terms than win a title using a cookie cutter model from other people.
7/16/2013 11:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...39 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.