DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

The fact that Nate thinks he can win with Wilt and a bunch of undrafted players should tell you how good Wilt is.  Trading him makes no sense to me.  Just lemme know when I'm up;)
7/17/2013 10:30 AM
Posted by badja on 7/17/2013 10:30:00 AM (view original):
The fact that Nate thinks he can win with Wilt and a bunch of undrafted players should tell you how good Wilt is.  Trading him makes no sense to me.  Just lemme know when I'm up;)
Can we put this to rest and move on with the draft please

7/17/2013 11:25 AM
Badja, that's the whole point that a trade for Wilt is unlike any other and has to offer a lot to the person dealing him away. Maybe we should consider banning Wilt from future seasons?
7/17/2013 11:50 AM
Posted by vancem on 7/17/2013 1:25:00 AM (view original):
The main difference, dh and nate, is that when I traded with jethro it was a complete swap of all of our picks. I have no problem with steelers and nate swapping all of their original picks. That would be fair. I think that we all agree that in this league each draft slot in the first round, and all of the picks that go along with that slot ,are basically equal to each of the other first round draft slots and the picks that go along with them.

In the original trade between steelers and nate there is no fairness at all. How can it be fair to trade 2 sixth round picks for an extra 2nd and an extra 5th round pick? The revised trade as spelled out by sly above is much more fair. 
Not even CLOSE to "all slots equal". If that were the case Wilt would not be in his 3rd straight conference championship with back-to-back titles from 3 different owners.
7/17/2013 11:54 AM
Posted by eleibowitz on 7/17/2013 11:25:00 AM (view original):

Yes please.
7/17/2013 12:05 PM
Keep in mind I don't even want to use "guaranteed trip to the final-4" Wilt, I want to guy that solves all rotation and usage issues for 48mpg and the one that will put up 50ppg if I build the team correctly.
7/17/2013 12:09 PM
Posted by slymonium on 7/17/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):

Yes please.
IMO here is where we are right now:

Banditone selects LeBron
Pick#2 selects Wilt

Tricky currently has the #3 and can pick if he opts to stay in that slot or he can wait for the official draft to start when the finals end.

Steelers can take the adjusted deal whenever he wants; wait for the order to lock to confirm the deal; or just keep Wilt for himself.

7/17/2013 12:14 PM
Posted by slymonium on 7/17/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):

Yes please.
Can we just assume Wilt is the next pick and have tricky be up?  Either way Wilt is being taken with the 2nd pick
7/17/2013 12:15 PM
Exactly eleibowitz, Wilt is going #2, tricky has the option to pick now, wait for the finals to end, or change his slot selection. Anything between me and steelers is not holding up the draft at this point.
7/17/2013 12:18 PM

How exactly am I holding things up Leibs? 
7/17/2013 12:36 PM
I hate the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/17/2013 12:52 PM
Badja- I think he's just saying in general that all the back and forth is getting old- not that you're holding things up.
7/17/2013 1:08 PM
i didnt expect the draft to start until the finals ended....but hey...thats fine with me...gives us a head start

just know that once you post a pick...thats it...its official and cant be changed

so since we know wilt is going #2 to either steelers or nate...tricky may pick whenever he likes....or wait...its up to him

as far as trades go...i encourage them as long as its fair and dont care how many take place...ill be on top of it so the draft board doesnt get confusing....thats the only reason there was a problem in the odl...seapilots was still new at his commish duties and kind of made it confusing...but by the end of the draft he figured out what worked best and it was all good....i dont have a problem at all with the proposed trade between steelers and nate...steelers is getting good value for wilt and nate has his work cut out for him to find the right supporting cast...plus im pretty intrigued to see what wiltzilla can do in this league...should be fun

7/17/2013 2:05 PM
Posted by iccoachb on 7/17/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):
I hate the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha youre like the bobcats of this league
7/17/2013 2:07 PM
bad news...the mad german katernberg has informed me he cant do the draft this time around...im sure well see him again in future seasons though

the good news is i got some fresh meat for you vultures...

pennsylvania has bravely decided to give the league a try...hes new to draft leagues so please welcome him and help him along if you can

7/17/2013 2:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...39 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.