NBA URAPP Discussion/Commentary Topic

Obviously dh, we would love to have you if a spot opens up.
8/18/2013 10:28 PM
Posted by seapilots on 8/18/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Great commentary dh but all3 will play AD for 35 mins a game and take all
Of Stilts shots away. lol
Haven't had a chance to take a close look yet. Seems like some really nice players
left in FA pool
66-67 Wilt only has a 18.5% usage rate.  With the high assists Wilt has he will make AD a better scorer and with the crazy offensive rebounding Wilt brings he will kill us all.  There is only one logical season that "may" be better and that is the 12-13 LeBron season.  Wilt will play 45+ mpg and won't foul out.  He will also draw a ton of fouls.

Wilt will get shots still, but that Wilt season is designed to be the ultimate support season and not the "lets see how many points we can score" season.
8/18/2013 10:36 PM
Well, now that I have the target squarely on my back, I have nowhere to go but down.  Yes, Wilt shouldn't ever foul-out, but we know he will - always does (thanks WIS "logic"), and when he does, I'm in trouble on the boards, because Wallace's year is garbage.  I hope he never has to see the court.   I also need to hope my decent assist numbers can raise Barry's efg and that having 2 3-point shooters on the court is enough for the SIM.  Other than that, just a few little worries.
8/19/2013 11:35 AM
I actually don't think Wilt will foul out. 

Anyway, we shall see how it goes!
8/19/2013 4:42 PM
Posted by dh555 on 8/18/2013 7:06:00 PM (view original):
damn...i gotta say..i slept on this league...when i first looked it over it seemed too random for me(like roulette)...but after giving it a second look, it seems more like poker(still requires some luck but still plenty of skill mixed in)

please add me to the waiting list(if there is one)

it was pretty fun seeing how your guys teams turned out after the seasons were randomized....some got screwed and some look like playoff locks

i was playing around with a few of the rosters to see how the lineups played out...i wanna share some thoughts, but keep in mind this is all based off how i would use the teams roster(and if anyone feels im giving too much away just let me know and ill delete the post)

the favorite.....

all3

wow...jackpot!...66-67 wilt is the best season in the sim and a lock to win mvp in this league unless all3 really screws it up....almost seems unfair to have both big ben and camby on the same team...low usage board lords with great d and super low negatives(pf and tos) are very rare and you got two of the best...07-08 is one of big bens weaker seasons but 10-11 is one of cambys best...they combine for for almost all the pf mins...88-89 nance rounds out the starting front court with one of his best seasons....the defense and low fouls in the front court is insane...other teams big men will really struggle to score against them....lots of different ways to build the back court but id think reggie has to be a lock to play all 33 of his mins at sg...94-95 is one of his best seasons and also one of his higher usg% season, which you needed...3 pretty solid options at pg with conley/parker/lawson but i think lawson is the best choice...all 3 have weak d and about the same ast% but lawson gives you better efg% and 3s...conley or parker give you solid backup min tho...rick barry would have been an easy cut for me but you did end up with the one season of his that i like...68-69 barry is a mad man from the ft line and is his best efg% season....id plug him in as the backup sf....79-80 dantley and his 57efg% make a perfect backup to reggie at sg...roger a brown makes for a good 11th man who you can plug in at sg/sf if you think barry or dantley arent getting the job done...with wilt on board, sabonis will be stuck to spot duty....the back court d is the obvious weakness and wilt will have to work extra hard on the glass against some of the stronger rebounding teams but the offense should be dominant and the ft battle will be a massacre...id be shocked if this isnt a 50+ win team and in contention to win it all

ill add some more thoughts later if i get a chance...if anyone wants opinions on their team as well just ask

ooh I would like a preview of my team, owe it to me after knocking my team out in the 12-13 league lol.

Magic Johnson 79-95: 83-84
Hersey Hawkins 88-00: 89-90
Robert Horry 92-07: 93-94
Brandon Roy 06-12: 12-13 - IR
Bob Lanier 70-83: 79-80
Joakim Noah 07-12: 08-09
Johnny Moore 80-89: 86-87
Shane Battier 01-12: 11-12
Shawn Marion 99-12: 04-05
Manute Bol 85-94: 94-95 - IR
Al Horford 07-12: 08-09
Wesley Person 94-04: 04-05
8/19/2013 4:57 PM
Dave or anyone, give me some straight talk on this team. 

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=388052
8/19/2013 9:32 PM (edited)
The Chili Dogs are available for previewing ( in all their slightly below averageness )

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=388063
8/19/2013 9:11 PM
I have a very much Showtime Lakers esque team this season.

my starters are looking like its going to be Johnson/Hawkins/Horry/Marion/Lanier
8/19/2013 9:29 PM
Posted by thomcat on 8/19/2013 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Dave or anyone, give me some straight talk on this team. 

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=388052
I like teams that rebound well and have a clear number one option (or two strong usage options)...on this team I see neither.

Depending on who you start will determine you level of frustration.  If you start the right guys you will be mildly bothered.  If you start the wrong ones you will be ******.
8/19/2013 9:43 PM
Posted by thohoops on 8/19/2013 9:11:00 PM (view original):
The Chili Dogs are available for previewing ( in all their slightly below averageness )

http://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=388063
I hate your point guard situation, and you have to play one of the two at all times to make sure you do not hit the assist penalty.

Other than that your team is really nice except that your defense will lose you a couple of games.
8/19/2013 9:53 PM
assist penalty -- hmmm not sure I've seen that one before
8/19/2013 11:31 PM
Posted by thohoops on 8/19/2013 11:31:00 PM (view original):
assist penalty -- hmmm not sure I've seen that one before
the theory is that this occurs under 50% assists and you will then see a noticeable degradation in fg%

btw with your team I also noticed that Chuck is going to have to play PF...I don't like that much.  I would prefer to see him play the bulk if not all of his minutes at SF where he gives a distinct rebounding advantage.
8/19/2013 11:40 PM
starting lineup:   Miller/Harden/Barkley/Weatherspoon/Laimbeer
bench:                  Skiles/Redd/McCray/Davis/Hakeem

bench alternates: Turkgolu/Marshall

8/19/2013 11:58 PM
Posted by thohoops on 8/19/2013 11:58:00 PM (view original):
starting lineup:   Miller/Harden/Barkley/Weatherspoon/Laimbeer
bench:                  Skiles/Redd/McCray/Davis/Hakeem

bench alternates: Turkgolu/Marshall

Yeah that will work...with the limited playing pool you may be alright but the 38.5% oreb isn't bad like the 81% dreb is.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but it is going to be real hard to predict the league so I kinda looked at this from a open league mindset.
8/20/2013 12:19 AM
yup -- depending on how the ping pong balls (aka the randomizer) fall there could be some fairly strange, though rather realistic, combos
8/20/2013 1:56 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NBA URAPP Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.