DDL#3 - 1990's Draft (league#46043) Topic

Lots of complaining but honestly the best way might be to use the initial randomized draft order to choose the draft slot. That way you can at least pick where you want to be. Tang, if you had the 3rd choice in draft slot, would you really have passed on a top 3 pick to pick 21st?
10/4/2013 8:38 PM
Wasn't Tang in the 80's league?  That was ABB as well.  I needed the #3 pick (Bird) to get the title.   
10/4/2013 8:45 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 10/4/2013 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thomcat on 10/4/2013 5:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tanguma44 on 10/4/2013 5:31:00 PM (view original):
when did made this change this thing favors when you pick from 15-30! this is BS! what is the point of finally getting a high pick to be royally screwed this way...
Commish spoke to this on page 16.  Looks like we pause for the weekend, so not sming  
why wouldnt you...this is how we move drafts forward
Only because of Smokey's "no draft this weekend" comment on referenced page....whatever... I'm glad we're moving forward off the clock.   
10/4/2013 8:49 PM
yes, I would have paired mourning with someone else... but it is partially my fault cause I thought we had the other way.... I just notice this otherwise I would have been way more outspoken about it or asked for 30.... or simply not joined by the way, I am serious about a trade!
10/4/2013 8:49 PM
Posted by badja on 10/4/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Wasn't Tang in the 80's league?  That was ABB as well.  I needed the #3 pick (Bird) to get the title.   
did you. see me ever posting or making a pick under my username?
10/4/2013 8:53 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 10/4/2013 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by malone9975 on 10/4/2013 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Mark Jackson

and for the record tang is a tard...seriously I will give up Parish and my next two picks for any player in the top 6

your drafting skills are below average to even get in a conversation with me and MJ or anyone in the top 6 aren't as dominant as say wilt in the 60s or Kareem in the 70s.... I just looked and the squads by the 20 pick to 30 already got two very
good players and the disparity is getting worse.... and if I was getting MJ in real life then I would be cool but I am not so statically speaking or anyone don't justify... lastly what do have to offer Mr. Malone and first rounds can't be traded...
go drunk drive into a power pole tang... you are a cheater of the first order, and you are not allow to discuss your dominance over me until you have double digit championships you retarded moron

you are one chromosome short to ride this ride child...when you learn to not be a cheating dick and find ways to circumvent rules come talk to me other than that I would prefer it if drown yourself in your tub

10/4/2013 8:54 PM
and in the 70s had two two teams couldn't quite tell the difference... plus as often you schedule these drafts when I have a busy schedule...
10/4/2013 8:55 PM
hey brad, even the top 6 picks are wondering where their 5th man...and 6th are coming from. Wow..tough draft huh. We have a NO Whining rule, that wasn't put there for the 80's & 70's drafts..lmfao. What we need to remember is..1) "nobody got a different draft list" and 2) the ABB draft will level the cyberwood.
10/4/2013 8:56 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 10/4/2013 8:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tanguma44 on 10/4/2013 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by malone9975 on 10/4/2013 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Mark Jackson

and for the record tang is a tard...seriously I will give up Parish and my next two picks for any player in the top 6

your drafting skills are below average to even get in a conversation with me and MJ or anyone in the top 6 aren't as dominant as say wilt in the 60s or Kareem in the 70s.... I just looked and the squads by the 20 pick to 30 already got two very
good players and the disparity is getting worse.... and if I was getting MJ in real life then I would be cool but I am not so statically speaking or anyone don't justify... lastly what do have to offer Mr. Malone and first rounds can't be traded...
go drunk drive into a power pole tang... you are a cheater of the first order, and you are not allow to discuss your dominance over me until you have double digit championships you retarded moron

you are one chromosome short to ride this ride child...when you learn to not be a cheating dick and find ways to circumvent rules come talk to me other than that I would prefer it if drown yourself in your tub

and I though I had anger management issues... go watch sponge Bob or whatever crap you do to calm yourself and then what do you expect when you start calling someone names? and don't forget the beer and fried chicken, lol!
10/4/2013 9:01 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 10/4/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
hey brad, even the top 6 picks are wondering where their 5th man...and 6th are coming from. Wow..tough draft huh. We have a NO Whining rule, that wasn't put there for the 80's & 70's drafts..lmfao. What we need to remember is..1) "nobody got a different draft list" and 2) the ABB draft will level the cyberwood.
for obvious reasons don't open all SMs or tried not tp read thread commentary as far as this draft goes didn't realize started till seapilots made a pick...
10/4/2013 9:11 PM
actually, both arguments (tang's and the others) have merit... i kind of side with tang on this issue, but only by a .005%. if in a perfect world, the 3rd round should start at number 12 (that's me! haha), then 11 picks, then 13, then 10, then 14, then 9, etc. (can imagine how that would end up being a clusterf'k), but we do not live, nor draft, in a perfect world, and the draft style was clearly stated from the beginning, so, there should be no discrepancy at this stage of the game.

though perhaps there is a (very) slight disadvantage witht the current serpentine style, tang, you, nonetheless, are a clever owner, so just look at it as a great opportunity to showcase your drafting abilities.

10/4/2013 9:15 PM
Each decade seems to bring a higher degree of liability in the draft, it's really very easy to build an 80's team. If you examine this draft pool the talent is there, it's just the minutes are different than what we like to see. I've said before that you must understand what was valuble in the era. The 90's is a tween'r decade, not quite the 80's and not quite new era yet. IMO it's leftovers from the 80's and rookies that will be stars in the new millinium. Because of the nature of OG's & rookies the minutes aren't there, but the talent is and you have 12 spots to make this team work. GL
10/4/2013 9:17 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 10/4/2013 8:49:00 PM (view original):
yes, I would have paired mourning with someone else... but it is partially my fault cause I thought we had the other way.... I just notice this otherwise I would have been way more outspoken about it or asked for 30.... or simply not joined by the way, I am serious about a trade!
 I can certainly see that there may be a discussion to be had over the merits of ABAB vs ABBA but seriously...who cares?  Picking 14th like I am sucks in most drafts, whatever, I and everyone can deal with their slot. Someone has to get screwed a bit. We could try a league where everyone has the exact same rosters, I suppose that would be the ultimate test of coaching. We can whine about defensive positioning.  In fact, sign me up, winning team from the 70's league is the test roster.
10/4/2013 9:19 PM
The main post is quite clear wrt the drafting procedures. IMO the draft is fair...
10/4/2013 9:22 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 10/4/2013 9:22:00 PM (view original):
The main post is quite clear wrt the drafting procedures. IMO the draft is fair...
not in this decade and u know it! and yes picking in the middle sucks in either format..... you have a lot more work(of course if you're planning winning the championship) to do!
10/4/2013 9:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...52 Next ▸
DDL#3 - 1990's Draft (league#46043) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.