ODL XLIV "Evaluation" Topic

once again, an ODL thread topic taken off topic by tang.
9/22/2013 7:50 PM
Posted by ashamael on 9/22/2013 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tanguma44 on 9/22/2013 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 9/22/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
I think everyone told him how bad his team was last season... and why are you here?  Go away.
after the team started losing sure you started like vultures... yeah and your team was horrible too I remember laughing to myself thinking how this guy could possible dominate this league... o well we all build a stinko here and there funny you build bad teams especially when there's good competition... and you are critical of the official ship leader saying he won by accident lol
I would ask if you're dumb, but we already know the answer to that question.  We told nate from the moment he said he was going to use 50ppg Wilt that his team was going to suck.  My team was horrible... I think I ended up 40-42...  What I call horrible, however, is what you would call average, so that's something to keep in mind.

ps - check again who the "official" ship leader is.  Dumbass.

I am not talking about his current team I was talking about his last season... but it is funny how you prove my point lol and start eating each other the moment you believe x person has outlive his use... or in your case feel threatened he is getting better than you!!
9/22/2013 7:52 PM
Posted by ashamael on 9/22/2013 7:50:00 PM (view original):
once again, an ODL thread topic taken off topic by tang.
I didn't star calling names I just stated my opinion which was the top five after 3 1/2 rounds before certain people start calling for a nice argument by the way why it took you so long to get here buddy...
9/22/2013 7:56 PM
ash just don't bother with him - cant you tell from his impulsive succession of 5 or 6 posts or the very fact that he's lurking in these threads in the first place that he's just a sad little troll
9/22/2013 7:57 PM
We don't have a league yet this season.  The last ODL played was the one you were booted from midseason. 

I really don't understand your second statement.  It is incomprehensible.

The third statement is just hilarious.

Tang,

You were banned from this league.  You were banned for repeated rules violations and continued personal attacks on multiple members.  Why are you here?  To brag about being so crass & rude that you are the first member ever blacklisted from 2 draft leagues here?  That really shows class, man.  I'd suggest you leave before you get banned from posting in the forums, too.

9/22/2013 8:00 PM
Posted by felonius on 9/22/2013 7:57:00 PM (view original):
ash just don't bother with him - cant you tell from his impulsive succession of 5 or 6 posts or the very fact that he's lurking in these threads in the first place that he's just a sad little troll
I've always been easy troll-bait.  Character flaw, I reckon.
9/22/2013 8:02 PM
the day I get banned from posting so will you and I am sure that day will be the day this site is closing and stop spilling lies... or in your case half trues...
9/22/2013 8:09 PM
yep, you're right! I am happy still got a pulse which is more than you can claim...
9/22/2013 8:11 PM
Posted by ashamael on 9/22/2013 8:02:00 PM (view original):
I've always been easy troll-bait.  Character flaw, I reckon.
and use all that anger to inspire and build super offensive teams... which is great!! Except when you get a little too much inspiration which lead to over do it bringing extra usage and messing your teams...
9/22/2013 8:17 PM
You are blocking the author of this post, tanguma44.
Show
Show
Show
9/22/2013 10:40 PM
good stuff.
9/22/2013 10:40 PM
Hi Tang. Nice too see that you are back pi$$ing everyone off, having no clue who the # 1 leader in titles is (ashamael has topped 98average), and hating on everyone who disagrees with you. You need to check yourself. I may have to enter a team in every league that you are in from now on just to ensure that you will never win another title LOL! You have awakened the sleeping giant. 
9/22/2013 11:00 PM
S'up Tang..the rule states you will start 5 of your 7 drafted players. From the point of view of a commish this is easy enough to interpet..if you start a player that is not one of your 7 drafted players, you have broken rule 3)....period. A wise fellow once said to me..."choose your Alamo carefully".
9/23/2013 3:27 AM
jhsukow, great work keeping the evals going, I KNOW how time consuming it becomes at this point in the draft.

As far as my team is concerned Kobe/Allen will share one position for 48mpg to keep a 6-point usage guy on the court at all times. Wilt will add two usage points and the other three positions will range from .5 to 1 aside from the partial minutes that Kobe and Allen play. I'll add at least 20mpg of low usage high assists to my backcourt, so Green will likely see all of his minutes at SF. I'll also likely take a rebounding foul monster to complete my SF/PF minutes and my "scrubs" will likely play 12-18 mpg combined because of the salary crunch. The scrub group will be guys that don't contribute much, but they also will be players that don't hurt me either. The other key is that I'll likely "clear the bench" at the 6 minute mark and bank minutes for my core during the blowout games.

I'll still be hard pressed to get to 19,250 minutes, so winning my division will be do or die for this squad.
9/23/2013 3:26 PM

Jhsukow, here is my observation regarding your Jerry Lucas question and why he always gets drafted by the 2nd round in the draft leagues.

First he almost always out performs his advanced stats. His boards in the most recent $52 were over 12rpg and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him go for fewer than 11rpg.  His efg in the latest $52 was 61.7%, even though his RL FG% was only 55.1% (his listed efg is 56.7% because WIS assigns 31 triples to him). His D of 50 is also a “really strong” 50 if the D impact truly is applied as advertised by WIS.

IMO the reason for the above is that the average FG% for the NBA in the 68-69 season was .441. In the last 30 or so RL NBA seasons there have only been two others this low. In the 80’s the FG% was generally .480 or above the first eight seasons of the 90’s saw the FG% range from .476 to .450 and the range has been from about .450 to .460 for the least eight or so RL NBA seasons.  So, a 50 D from the 80’s likely means a .480 base D rating, but Lucas has a base D rating of .441, meaning he may have the D impact of a player with a 60-80 D rank from the 80’s. His RL FG% was 126% above the league average, and I think the sim takes this into account with his performance.

IMO this also partially explains why Bill Russell only gets a 70 D rating. Some of his RL NBA seasons saw a league-wide FG% under .400. His 70D likely has the same impact as some recent 100D seasons if the WIS D really does get applied as the FAQ says it does (however I have my doubts since my most recent $52 team was built on this assumption and while I finished 3rd in points scored I finished last in points allowed.)

9/23/2013 3:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
ODL XLIV "Evaluation" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.