ODL Discussion & Vote - Rule X (div draft) Topic

I really dont care, ill go with majority..
12/10/2013 9:04 AM
2) Random Draw, before drafting   
12/10/2013 9:22 AM
No change, division draft works great if done within the spirit of the rules.
12/10/2013 9:55 AM
I also think that 20 owner min is arbitrary - not even the senate does that - how about the current 2 to 1 majority currently in favor of some kind of random? if that holds I think that should be sufficient
12/10/2013 11:08 AM
Random is fine with me.
12/10/2013 11:31 AM
No change

except for a new wrinkle... if an owner commits to an odl season, goes through the draft and suddenly does not like the divisional alignments and chooses not to enter his team, then he is barred from future odl's for 2 or more seasons.

man up. take your medicine.
12/10/2013 11:52 AM
I am fine with whatever the majority decides.
12/10/2013 12:53 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 12/10/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):
No change

except for a new wrinkle... if an owner commits to an odl season, goes through the draft and suddenly does not like the divisional alignments and chooses not to enter his team, then he is barred from future odl's for 2 or more seasons.

man up. take your medicine.
Somebody sticks me with a team over the division assignment..their butts 86'd forev'ah, and then some.
12/10/2013 1:56 PM
ok..a consensus requires a large portion of the voter pool be heard from, then the majority decides the outcome. To change the US Constitution requires all 50 states to vote and a 2/3's majority. That makes a consensus. Here I want 20 votes to make a consensus, then a simple majority decides the outcome. So not indicating 1), 2) or 3) is no help at all. A simple majority of the 'vocal few', without a poll of the 'silent majority' is why I had to open this thread. pls vote 1), 2) or 3).
12/10/2013 3:47 PM
further clarification..owners indicating they'll go with the majority will be tallied at the end under the majority and added to the consensus total. Currently you are all 2)'s.
12/10/2013 4:00 PM
yeah all it took was 8 people voting yes to one no to change it to the division draft format.  If anything, if there's not a consensus to do a draft, then it should revert to random.  Not a huge deal to me anymore as I'm gone after the current commitments are met, but I vote how I vote.
12/10/2013 4:41 PM
Ash a friendly invite to try the upcoming DDL 50/60's league. It may not be revolutonary..but it's different. We get to use players that you can't bring anywhere else, and they're great. The DDL motto is "If they were great in they're day, they're great again in the DDL". There is a fair chuck of disparity due to the era limited player pool, as I found out with a 26W 70's season..ouch. I'm paying them back in the 90's..54W & the 'bye'!!! lol .....could be fun. Lastly sparky likes the DDL, actually behaves to some extent. I say that even after a 26W smackdown. I don't check my games and say "WTF is this BS" too often. You going to finish the PPL's 10 season run?
12/10/2013 5:38 PM
As of now I'm finishing all short-term commitments.  I will see what WIS does about my situation before committing to anything beyond what I've already said I would do (this season of the ODL, the 5th season of the PPL, whatever league I'm currently in) and have told all other commishes in those themes that this is my last season there.
12/10/2013 7:39 PM
What is your situation Ash?

My vote is for #3.
12/10/2013 8:12 PM
I might end up doing this someday, so I would like to see #3.

I'm curious also Ash, what's up with your situation?
12/10/2013 8:31 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
ODL Discussion & Vote - Rule X (div draft) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.