ODLXLVIII Evals **HALFWAY DONE WITH PREDICTIONS!** Topic

I have three days off in a row, and my girlfriend is out of town.  SOOOO MUCH FREEE TIME!
6/25/2014 9:51 PM
Thank God for the internet.
6/25/2014 11:26 PM
I'm going to wait until after round 3 to do more write-ups, because anything before that is too early to figure out what people are doing with their lineups.
6/26/2014 1:49 AM
The detailed evals are great postage.  Thanks.
6/27/2014 6:22 PM
Agreed Sly, Postage so you don't have to guess. 

Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk%
[click to draft]                      
Kevin Durant 13-14 Thunder SF 33.2 54.6 38.9 56 2.1 17.8 17.7 1.5 1.1
Andrei Kirilenko 05-06 Jazz SF 20.6 48.9 30.6 48.5 7.1 17.8 16.6 1.9 5.5
Horace Grant 93-94 Bulls PF 18.7 52.6 0 52.4 13.2 20.3 11.3 1.3 2

6/27/2014 6:32 PM
Thanks sly and eleibowitz!
6/27/2014 6:37 PM
Dead on about my team postage, props to you for solid analysis across the board. I posted earlier in the other thread that it is not looking like I will be able to keep both these versions of Lucas and Harden, I'll know for sure after the 5th depending on what I can grab up in the next two rounds.
6/27/2014 7:30 PM
Posted by natenoy on 6/27/2014 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Dead on about my team postage, props to you for solid analysis across the board. I posted earlier in the other thread that it is not looking like I will be able to keep both these versions of Lucas and Harden, I'll know for sure after the 5th depending on what I can grab up in the next two rounds.
Thanks!  I saw what you wrote on the other board, but I think you can still make it work with those seasons!  I hope you can anyway, because it'll make the league more interesting.
6/27/2014 7:44 PM
Note to postage and sly regarding Lucas: ash and I have discussed Lucas at great length in previous drafts here as he is virtually ALWAYS one of the select few players that outperforms his advanced stats in the actual sim. In like 6 or so of the last 8 drafts its been a race between me and tar as to who gets him, I've made the finals here at least twice with him.

My first time in this league I took a Kobe/Howard team into the finals against tar's T-Mac/Lucas squad. Lucas literally carried tar and had a few 20 or so boards games that I had no answer for as tar smoked me. The next season I took Lucas and took out tar in the conference finals on my way to losing the title to eleibowitz.

Even though my squad was flawed here last season Lucas still was top-10 in both orebs at 4 a game and total boards at 14. His efg was over 58% as it always is and he threw in 4 dimes a game and scored over 17ppg. Not what you generally get from a 16.5 usage% guy, but Lucas consistently season after season puts up solid numbers without ever fouling or turning the ball over much.

From my discussion about a year ago with ash, IMO Lucas performing well has a lot to do with the fact that he put up strong RL numbers in a much higher paced era, so his possessions and fga per min are on par with players in higher usage tiers, therefore IMO you get more than you pay for with Lucas in the sim.
6/27/2014 7:56 PM (edited)
Clearly I'm going with 08-09 Wade and 07-08 Camby, but FWIW, I'm taking Bobby Jones 74-75 season.
6/27/2014 8:02 PM
Posted by natenoy on 6/27/2014 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Note to postage and sly regarding Lucas: ash and I have discussed Lucas at great length in previous drafts here as he is virtually ALWAYS one of the select few players that outperforms his advanced stats in the actual sim. In like 6 or so of the last 8 drafts its been a race between me and tar as to who gets him, I've made the finals here at least twice with him.

My first time in this league I took a Kobe/Howard team into the finals against tar's T-Mac/Lucas squad. Lucas literally carried tar and had a few 20 or so boards games that I had no answer for as tar smoked me. The next season I took Lucas and took out tar in the conference finals on my way to losing the title to eleibowitz.

Even though my squad was flawed here last season Lucas still was top-10 in both orebs at 4 a game and total boards at 14. His efg was over 58% as it always is and he threw in 4 dimes a game and scored over 17ppg. Not what you generally get from a 16.5 usage% guy, but Lucas consistently season after season puts up solid numbers without ever fouling or turning the ball over much.

From my discussion about a year ago with ash, IMO Lucas performing well has a lot to do with the fact that he put up strong RL numbers in a much higher paced era, so his possessions and fga per min are on par with players in higher usage tiers, therefore IMO you get more than you pay for with Lucas in the sim.
I think Lucas is normally a great pickup.
6/27/2014 8:18 PM
Posted by mcdarsh on 6/27/2014 8:02:00 PM (view original):
Clearly I'm going with 08-09 Wade and 07-08 Camby, but FWIW, I'm taking Bobby Jones 74-75 season.
Thanks, Mcdarsh, I'll keep that in mind.
6/27/2014 8:19 PM
great work postage - we should let you win every season so we can get more of these
6/27/2014 8:47 PM
Agreed. The stuff on the wingspan/ hugs/ fence stuff was just too good.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0JVwfJGfins&feature=kp
6/27/2014 9:23 PM
dude, wrong Drexler, everybody who is anybody knows you use the 94-95 season (or as I like to think of it 'Pippen - 20 D') - also why would I not use the most expensive Walton who has a 9% orb and better pretty much most everything else? I demand a do over!!
6/27/2014 10:23 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
ODLXLVIII Evals **HALFWAY DONE WITH PREDICTIONS!** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.