NDL SEASON 4 (Finished drafting) Topic

Posted by amerk1180 on 7/26/2014 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Via proxy, boonej38 takes

Barry Sanders
surprising he lasted this long
7/26/2014 7:46 PM
Whatever man, use it as motivation, but you aren't going to guilt me into saying I made the wrong call on this one.

I am not going to get into the notion that picking on the thread somehow has more weight to it than a proxy pick does.  People have lives, and it would be imporrible to do a draft like this without allowing proxy picks, or even encouraging them.  Hell, you sent a proxy list yourself for your 2nd round pick.  If genco didn't get your sm, the same thing could have happened to you, and I would do the same thing I did, which would benefit you.

In four seasons of this draft, this is the FIRST time this has happened amazingly.  Sorry it happened to you bevo, but I did the right thing.

If everyone wants to make it a RULE that proxy lists MUST BE sent to more than one owner, I'm completely fine with that.  It won't eliminate this happening again, but it will cut down the chances.
7/26/2014 7:52 PM
35.  2:00  democolson:  Cowboys O-line
36.  2:30  tonyvoss:  Bills O-line
37.  3:00  bevoxxx:  Adrian Peterson, RB      
38.  3:30  roadhouse19:  Charley Hennigan, WR
39.  4:00  foolish1:  Ravens D
40.  4:30  bubbawit:  Chargers O-line
41.  5:00  riverratk:  Vikings D
42.  5:30  gencoimports:  Chargers D
43.  6:00 pg99:  Broncos O-line
44.  6:30  johnberlin:  Bills D
45.  7:00  coolmay_one:  Dolphins O-line
46.  7:30  boonej38:  Barry Sanders, RB
47.  8:00  cellkev:  Redskins D
48.  8:30  grayfoxx:  Ottis Anderson, RB

Round 3
Sunday, July 27

49.  10 am  grayfoxx:  Antonio Gates, TE
50.  10:30  cellkev:
51.  11:00  boonej38:
52.  11:30  coolmay_one:
53.  Noon  johnberlin:
54. 12:30  pg99:
55.  1:00  gencoimports:
56.  1:30  riverratk:
57.  2:00  bubbawit:
58.  2:30  foolish1:
7/27/2014 3:07 AM (edited)
So why give away who I want to 3 different owners including Genco who picks before me next round and is my biggest threat if all I had to do was site mail you? Please then tell me who the next three you are going to draft Craig.

I am not guilting you. I am saying my pick went on the clock period. I bet if you asked Genco he would agree.
7/26/2014 7:58 PM
I am arguing to argue at this point. I'll boil it down to a disagreement. I will say that you have done a GREAT job of managing a sim draft which is a big task.
7/26/2014 8:01 PM
my recommendation for proxies is to send to 1)amerk and 2) the two people who pick after you for a given round,

as for me, I am not going to be influenced in a given round by anyone's proxy who picks before or after me, but if you don't want to send me your proxy for a given round, I respect that. consider me optional.

I'm heading out for the evening but will check in later.
7/26/2014 8:09 PM
Late pick....Broncos O Line
7/26/2014 9:06 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 7/26/2014 4:55:00 PM (view original):
OK, bevo sent a proxy list, so problem solved.  I will go with bevo's 2nd choice on that list, so bevo takes:

Adrian Peterson  (the top rusher in NDL season three!)
That was my doing! 
7/26/2014 9:21 PM
Posted by bevoxxx on 7/26/2014 8:01:00 PM (view original):
I am arguing to argue at this point. I'll boil it down to a disagreement. I will say that you have done a GREAT job of managing a sim draft which is a big task.
Thanks for the compliment bevo, but right now I am just arguing because I feel bad that you are so disgusted that I made the wrong call and you ended up with instead of the Bills O-line.  I live in Bills country and no one here was ever so disappointed about missing out on the Bills line. believe me lol.  

Yes your pick went on the board, but it SHOULDN'T HAVE.  You and tonyvoss each used proxy picks.  One of you had them seen and the other didn't.  Just because yours was seen, you seem to think it unfair.  If I had woken up two freakin hours earlier, tony would have the Bills and you would have AP.Thats the way it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.  You BOTH sent proxy lists.  Whoevers got posted doesn't matter when it is posted wrongly.

Put it this way.  lets say you sent a proxy list to five owners, and tony sent his proxy list to five DIFFERENT owners.  If the situation is reversed, you would have no problem that one of his five saw his list and posted, and all of your five didnt, and you both had the Bills as your top choice.  If you are saying you'd be happy in that situation if I let tony get the Bills, you're a liar.  You'd be more ****** than you are now.

I would bet if you asked all 24 owners if they think I did the right thing, maybe only you and genco would vote no.  Be happy with Peterson will ya and lets all pray this shiz doesn't happen again, especially to you.
7/26/2014 10:04 PM
Washington D
7/26/2014 10:21 PM
If Tonyvoss sent in Proxi to more people than you I totally agree... My impression was he only sent it to you and did not send it to multiple people. Then knowing your hours it seems like he was half assing it and it bit him. But if he did send it in to multiple people you are totally correct.
7/26/2014 11:15 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 7/26/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bevoxxx on 7/26/2014 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the compliment bevo, but right now I am just arguing because I feel bad that you are so disgusted that I made the wrong call and you ended up with instead of the Bills O-line.  I live in Bills country and no one here was ever so disappointed about missing out on the Bills line. believe me lol.  

Yes your pick went on the board, but it SHOULDN'T HAVE.  You and tonyvoss each used proxy picks.  One of you had them seen and the other didn't.  Just because yours was seen, you seem to think it unfair.  If I had woken up two freakin hours earlier, tony would have the Bills and you would have AP.Thats the way it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.  You BOTH sent proxy lists.  Whoevers got posted doesn't matter when it is posted wrongly.

Put it this way.  lets say you sent a proxy list to five owners, and tony sent his proxy list to five DIFFERENT owners.  If the situation is reversed, you would have no problem that one of his five saw his list and posted, and all of your five didnt, and you both had the Bills as your top choice.  If you are saying you'd be happy in that situation if I let tony get the Bills, you're a liar.  You'd be more ****** than you are now.

I would bet if you asked all 24 owners if they think I did the right thing, maybe only you and genco would vote no.  Be happy with Peterson will ya and lets all pray this shiz doesn't happen again, especially to you.
if Tony's pick had been made several hours earlier, meaning more hours before you were able to see it, then we could have had potentially a very messy situation where several picks would have to been replayed. it was almost a mess as it was, had Bevoxxx wanted the Chargers OL as his 2nd choice instead of AP

Had you ruled in Bevoxxx's favor, there also would have been a potential problem of "What a minute! You mean Adrian Peterson was actually available when I picked someone else hours ago?" to the owner(s) who followed before you made your ruling.

So no matter how you ruled, it could have been a big mess, so I sympathize with you as well.

That said, as you have also said, this could have been avoided (or 90% avoided) if there was a rule to send a proxy to multiple people.

I strongly favor such a rule because it is inevitable that this will happen again somewhere down the line.
7/26/2014 11:22 PM
I agree with genco.  It shouldn't take more than a few seconds for anyone sending a proxy list to add a couple more names to it.  

From now on, everyone sending a proxy list MUST include me and at least TWO other owners.  It could be the two owners picking after you in that round (a very good option), but I don't really care or mandate that.  Just send proxy lists to me and TWO OTHER OWNERS at least.  Hopefully, this will alleviate any future problems with this thing happening.
7/26/2014 11:33 PM
Other than that little problem, I think the draft is moving along VERY well with few skipped picks.  Keep it up guys!  Keep using proxies...don't let this discourage you from that.  Just send to multiple owners.
7/26/2014 11:56 PM
wow this is unbelievable to say the least how the rule or suggestion were if you knowing will be available to make your pick when its your turn
then proxy another owner. I guess that's what I do. But seeing that no rules were broken here. We still have cry babies playing a kid game.No problem in the future I will call around to see who's on line to proxy my picks. Maybe then the little kids will be HAPPY
7/27/2014 12:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...23 Next ▸
NDL SEASON 4 (Finished drafting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.