NDL 4 Commentary thread Topic

This will be VERY interesting, with nine new owners in their first NDL.  We've had one interesting pick from a newbie already with Earl Campbell going 2nd overall.  He went inn the early first round in year one, then in season two and three, he went in the 3rd or 4th round.  Could be a great pick though, if surrounded with the right talent.

It will be interesting to see if the new guys look back at past drafts and get any pointers from that, or if they take the whole draft in a completely different direction than usual.  Gonna be a interesting season!
7/23/2014 7:26 PM
Lots of QBs off the board already and the top Def and Off lines. Campbell #2 is an interesting pick. Last year we didnt see as much $$$ being spent on SPT and the kicking game. I know personally myself Im going back to using them and see if I can break my getting knocked out in the 1st round tradition. Guess its fitting considering I use Marty ball offenses.
7/23/2014 9:05 PM (edited)
Lets see what new QBs show up this year. My Roman Gabriel pick last year did good for me but my def was a joke. I might pull out another wild card QB to go with my previous picks of Mike Plum, Alex Smith and Roman Gabriel.
7/23/2014 9:09 PM
I was also going for a wild card QB, and then I got the #1 pick, what a bummer!! - it threw my whole draft plan out the window.
7/23/2014 9:36 PM
Mine is probably out the window as well. I am almost certain I am to far down the ladder to get my 1st pick......pretty sure Roadhouse will snag it up in a few picks :)
7/23/2014 9:53 PM
cellkev pick of Campbell is interesting BUT not far fetched. The Earl has great stamina and good rating and best of all hes much cheaper than a lot of the other backs with that combo. Let's see if the veteran NDL owners keep with the trend of using two back systems like the last 2 seasons. Also we've seen alot of copy cat teams from previous seasons Champs and runner ups. Lets see how many owners dare doing what Tom did with his pass happy Aaron alone and afraid team. Yes Tom im still mad you bounced me out of the playoffs and skunked me on top of it lol.
7/23/2014 10:04 PM

For the new owners; welcome aboard, amerik has a good league going and the addition of new owners will make it even better. This sure is a different thinking from open leagues. The additional $15 million really brings out the best defenses. Its rare to find someone running a def under $30 mil so be prepared to not light up the score boards. We've seen open league stud after stud be just average Joe's here and even have horrible years. Good luck everyone and let the body's hit the floor.

7/23/2014 10:10 PM
I'll be lurking here just to provide snide commentary! (which is much easier than making a draft list)
7/24/2014 1:01 PM
I don't get OJ back...:(
7/24/2014 1:06 PM
I love bubbawit's Steelers D pick in rd1; with so many good options (73, 74, 79, 08), he has lots of flexibility with his later choices
7/24/2014 1:11 PM
Figured you would like that pick. I had to change my draft board because they are gone. That was a super D for me last season.
7/24/2014 2:23 PM
I was surprised that TonyVoss took OJ with his first pick for his #1 team.  He usually goes qb first.
7/24/2014 2:47 PM
I'm already having to contend with Peyton Manning & the Buccaneers D in my division and I haven't even drafted yet!
7/24/2014 4:00 PM
Posted by roadhouse19 on 7/24/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
I was surprised that TonyVoss took OJ with his first pick for his #1 team.  He usually goes qb first.
He'll probably go QB for team #2 which is who I'm waiting on before I draft. Chances are good he takes the player I want!!
7/24/2014 4:01 PM
Posted by isacqbs58 on 7/23/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
cellkev pick of Campbell is interesting BUT not far fetched. The Earl has great stamina and good rating and best of all hes much cheaper than a lot of the other backs with that combo. Let's see if the veteran NDL owners keep with the trend of using two back systems like the last 2 seasons. Also we've seen alot of copy cat teams from previous seasons Champs and runner ups. Lets see how many owners dare doing what Tom did with his pass happy Aaron alone and afraid team. Yes Tom im still mad you bounced me out of the playoffs and skunked me on top of it lol.

If he uses the 1980 Campbell, he's gotta deal with 1) His 94% durability and 2) his low receiving stamina.  If he wanted a rb that high, I think he should've taken OJ or Jim Brown.

7/24/2014 4:20 PM
12345 Next ▸
NDL 4 Commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.