NDL 4 Commentary thread Topic

After watching Genco tear thru the last league like Godzilla thru the Japanese army with 1985 Ken O'Brien at qb, I'm almost terrified comtemplating what he will do with Tom Brady. 

And I've gotta play him twice! 
7/24/2014 4:26 PM
Posted by tomhanrahan on 7/24/2014 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I'll be lurking here just to provide snide commentary! (which is much easier than making a draft list)
Hey tom, if you're bored and still wanna be a part of season four somehow, we could use someone like you to do a draft evaluation thread.  Whatdya think?
7/24/2014 5:27 PM
What is taking Tonyvoss so damn long!?!?!
7/24/2014 6:05 PM
Posted by roadhouse19 on 7/24/2014 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by isacqbs58 on 7/23/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
cellkev pick of Campbell is interesting BUT not far fetched. The Earl has great stamina and good rating and best of all hes much cheaper than a lot of the other backs with that combo. Let's see if the veteran NDL owners keep with the trend of using two back systems like the last 2 seasons. Also we've seen alot of copy cat teams from previous seasons Champs and runner ups. Lets see how many owners dare doing what Tom did with his pass happy Aaron alone and afraid team. Yes Tom im still mad you bounced me out of the playoffs and skunked me on top of it lol.

If he uses the 1980 Campbell, he's gotta deal with 1) His 94% durability and 2) his low receiving stamina.  If he wanted a rb that high, I think he should've taken OJ or Jim Brown.

I think the cost difference balances the three out a bit. By taking Campbell he saved about $1.5 million. That is a good quality punter lol
OJ Simpson $9.48
Jim Brown $9.433
Earl Campbell $7.9
7/24/2014 10:40 PM
The motto of the AFC West is "It's all about the qbs baby!!". 

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Duante Culpepper and Dan Fouts.  Can you say "Bombs Away"?
7/25/2014 2:00 AM
Only two Off lines taken in the first? 1st round as usual sees QBs and Defenses go big time. No huge shockers taken, Earl Campbell being the only surprise and only where he was picked.

QB-8 picks
Def-7 picks
Runningback-5 picks
Off line-2 picks
WR-2 picks
7/25/2014 9:35 PM

ROUND 1 IS IN THE BOOKS; Now the gears start turning in each owners head as they see the focus of the division rivals. Next round will set the table for each team.
AFC EAST-interesting two WR taken here? Only one high end defense for Peyton to deal with.
AFC CENTRAL-the two top RB and the Giants D that kills the run. My Oilers D maybe in trouble here.
AFC WEST-WANTED ANY secondary!!! 4 top QBs look out Defenses.

NFC EAST-What version will Boone run with? A top Oline and Top D toss in Jamal Lewis.
NFC CENTRAL-Best OFF line and top end Def. Warner and Campbell
NFC WEST-Constant 1st rnd picks Marino Brees and Sweetness. And in my opinion the best D options in the Steel Curtain.

7/25/2014 9:49 PM
Does anybody have stats from last season to post since the league has been deleted from my team center?
7/27/2014 2:18 AM
I just bumped up the thread Worms, or click here

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=476554&TopicsTimeframe=180
7/27/2014 3:55 AM
Ah nice.  So if I take a 3rd WR are you guys going to laugh at me, scratch your heads, or fear the run & shoot offense?!?
7/27/2014 1:10 PM
I am stunned, stunned, stunned, that there is one QB still on the board who I assess to be of great value, for not all that much price - he typically went early in other drafts 
7/27/2014 8:33 PM
Really? Cuz I happen to need a QB but wanted to introduce somebody new to this theme!
7/27/2014 9:02 PM
Posted by tomhanrahan on 7/27/2014 8:33:00 PM (view original):
I am stunned, stunned, stunned, that there is one QB still on the board who I assess to be of great value, for not all that much price - he typically went early in other drafts 
There are a couple of QBs still out there that stuns me, including the one I think you are thinking of.
7/28/2014 5:01 PM
Posted by gencoimports on 7/28/2014 5:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tomhanrahan on 7/27/2014 8:33:00 PM (view original):
There are a couple of QBs still out there that stuns me, including the one I think you are thinking of.
I don't know if I agree with that sentimate Genco & Tom. 

Outside of Spec Sanders, no one (thus far anyway) has selected a qb that's not a top notch passer. No Alex Smiths, Michael Vicks or Randall Cunninghams getting drafted over legitimate HOFers like Dan Marino and Steve Young.

It just shows that when you can go back 70+ years, some great qb seasons are gonna get passed over.

But then again, I'm debating with the last 2 champions, so maybe I don't know what the f*** I''m talking about.  Lol.
7/28/2014 6:04 PM
I'm a bit shocked last years MVP just dropped off the board and last years leading receiver still hasn't been taken.

I love the Spec Sanders pick but I'm not sure such a one dimensional QB will lead a team in this league. From what I've seen in the past season Defense and the QB make or break the team.

Roadhouse AlexSmith will be a HOF QB someday.....just ask him.
7/28/2014 9:28 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NDL 4 Commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.