D2 Season 60-- Whatcha gon' do with all that junk? Topic

Really?? Longwood as a 4 seed drew Charleston as a 13 seed? The same Charleston that knocked us out of the Final Four a few seasons back? Nasty opening matchup for us.

Midwest - I like Bellarmine and Slippery Rock to meet in the Elite 8 game. St. Rose is my darkhorse to really surprise some folks. I think my Longwood team has been getting by solely on excellent defense with well-balanced yet mediocre scoring, so we will see how long that lasts.Look for Bellarmine to take it.

East - I think people will discount E. Stroudsburg St. too early, but they are a very talented squad. However, Chico might just roll through this region - they are too good and experienced. Not only did St. Mary's find those 14 wins w/ their tough schedule, they also found a possible 2nd round matchup with high-flying Concord, who will try to outrun them. While I've seen better NJ Tech teams, they can never be counted out with one of the great DII coaches. I like Chico here - they are just too good.

South - look who found their way to a #2 seed! Incarnate word is back, baby! - this is probably the weakest region, though I would NOT want to face a very underrated West NM team as a 7 seed. That potential IW - West NM Matchup in Round 2 will be a doozy. Belmont Abbey is the most talented on paper, but I could see Incarnate Word pulling the upset over Bel. Abbey in the elite 8

West - I'm very impressed with how W. Alabama came out of nowhere and got that #1 seed, the top seed out of the difficult Heartland. That being said, Harding,  Limestone, and Goldey-Beacom are VERY tough #2, #3,and #4 seeds seeds, and I think W. Alabama is a season away with all those Juniors (but should be a N. Title favorite next season). For me, this region is a tossup between Harding and Limestone, who is completely on a roll - and I think their sweet 16 matchup might decide the region - I'll go with conference mates Limestone as they're playing great basketball right now.  Probably most difficult region to predict, and maybe the toughest from 1 to 4.  (note my indecisiveness - I chose Harding in the above poll, and then changed my mind during the writeup - this region could definitely go either way)

So my picks are

Elite 8 - Bellarmine vs. Slippery Rock, Bel Abbey vs. Incarnate Word, Chico vs. E. Stroudsburg St., Limestone vs. Goldey Beacom

Final Four - Bellarmine, Incarnate Word, Chico, Limestone

Title Game (not sure how Final Four lines up w/ matchups, so I'm kind of guessing here)  Bellarmine vs. Incarnate Word. Bellarmine wins the title.
11/3/2012 10:13 AM
Thanks for the love bbunch.  But any game where IW meets Bellarmine is a nightmare.  For the championship, well, that might be the worst.  But after a non-NT season, we are back.

Midwest - I'm leaning Bellarmine here, because I think the other side of the bracket is tough.  St Rose is the most talented #10 seed ever.  I like Seattle best out of the Midwest, but potential games against St Rose and Sippery Rock make Bellarmine the smarter pick.  The #4 & #5 seeds on Bellarmine's side are too young to do damage.

East - Must go CSU, Chico here, although a team like Concord might give them trouble.  E Stroudsburg out of the other side, although one must give props to NJ Tech, going 25-3 with 3 walkons. 

South - Going Belmont Abbey.  Incarnate Word, U of Indy, and W New Mexico all on the other side of the bracket.  HATE a potential 2nd round matchup with WNM.

West - I want to give some love to W Alabama, but I can't pick chalk in all 4 brackets.  Which brings me to Harding in a tight one over Limestone to come out of the West.  Goldey-Beacom & SIU, Edwardsville are dangerous teams that could pull the upset. 
11/3/2012 11:53 AM
I don't know why I do this. I'm always wrong

Midwest-  Slippery Rock over Bellarmine
East-  Chico over E. Strousburg
South- Mesa St. over Incarnate Word
West- Harding over W. Alabama

Final Four-  Chico over Slippery Rock
                      Harding over Mesa St.

Final- Chico takes the title
11/3/2012 12:08 PM
same here.

MW - Slippery Rock over Bellarmine... two darkhorses... St Rose, Charleston
E - St Marys over NJT
S - Belmont Abbey over Indy
W - Limstone over G-B... darkhorse Kutztown
11/4/2012 1:01 AM
except for a newbie sprinkled here and there, that's quite the selection of coaches that advanced in the 1st round. No gimmies from here on out.

We're facing the possible NPOY in the 2nd round.

11/4/2012 9:34 AM
We barely won in round one and now we get to face a very tough uptempo FB/FCP team. This one will be very tough for St Mary's to win.
11/4/2012 9:55 AM
barely got by Charleston. Definitely a very rough #13 seed. 
11/4/2012 11:59 PM
Dang, I get Longwood. I did NOT want to face bbunch in this tournament
11/5/2012 4:21 AM
Averaged 13 TOs a game this season and turned it over a season high 23 last night. Lost by 3 in overtime and, for the 5th time in 6 seasons, E. Stroudsburg U. gets bounced in the second round.
11/5/2012 5:28 AM
Posted by greenhawks on 11/5/2012 4:21:00 AM (view original):
Dang, I get Longwood. I did NOT want to face bbunch in this tournament
Thanks - but I definitely don't want to deal with your Bellarmine squad either....the respect is definitely mutual, green. 
11/5/2012 12:24 PM
meanwhile, I get back-to-back games versus top 10 teams.... (in the round of 32 vs. New York Tech, now Harding in sweet 16)

Very impressed with what I see from Harding... only 3 losses on the season - to Longwood (I beat them once so gives me hope), Bellarmine (killed me - decreases my hope), and a random upset on the road to a good sim team - Lincoln Memorial...  Harding has a strong case for being a #1 seed this year.

Belmont Abbey is probably the best chance for a CVAC team to advance tonight.
11/5/2012 2:47 PM
Any thoughts on tonight's games? I'm just surprised we're still in the tourney. Looks like my young team is peaking at the right time. 

Chico must be the prohibitive favorite now that Bellarmine is out, though Belmont Abbey is seeming pretty strong as well (and we've never been able to beat them)
11/6/2012 6:21 PM
Posted by bbunch on 11/6/2012 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Any thoughts on tonight's games? I'm just surprised we're still in the tourney. Looks like my young team is peaking at the right time. 

Chico must be the prohibitive favorite now that Bellarmine is out, though Belmont Abbey is seeming pretty strong as well (and we've never been able to beat them)
You mentioned good teams, but 2 of the best players face off tonight in Steven Furlow of Goldey-Beacom and Darius Turnipseed of Harding. Maybe the best 2 players left in the tournament with respects to Howard Lundell of Seattle who you face tonight. Good teams are great, but good players can sometimes be unstoppable in tournament play.
11/6/2012 11:19 PM
Posted by bbunch on 11/6/2012 6:21:00 PM (view original):

bbunch- you are putting a crazy hex on me... good luck in f4.
11/7/2012 6:31 AM
I had picked Chico to defeat Harding in the final so I'm on track thus far.  Of couse, I also picked Slippery Rock and Mesa St. to make the Final Four
11/7/2012 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
D2 Season 60-- Whatcha gon' do with all that junk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.