D2 Season 65 Topic

Signings just started and season 65 is about to start.  How does everyone feel about your classes?  Who are your favorites for the title this season?

I'm pretty exicted about the 2 we signed.  Murphy could end up being a monster if his LP grows enough, but at a minimum he will be a great defender/rebounder big man.  Stoudt has either average or high potential in everything (not sure what his high-highs are).

We bring 10 back from a team that made the championship game.  We should be pretty good this season, but Wisconsin-Parkside is clearly the team to beat.  They lost 1 guy off of a championship team and have insanely high athleticism and defense.
6/4/2013 11:00 PM (edited)
I agree, Wisconsin-Parkside is the team to beat.  I also like (in no particular order), Longwood, U of Indy, and Grand Canyon.  There's my final four.
6/4/2013 9:48 PM
we might be one season away, but I like us in Season 66 a lot. Parkside looks like they can repeat. St. Mary's looks excellent as well. Haven't really scouted the rest of the teams yet - will wait till recruiting ends. 
6/4/2013 10:24 PM
pfeiffer only has 2 upper classmen this season which will make things tough early on....but i love our freshmen and sophomore classes.  should come on and be a tough out by the end of this season, and be very good by 66 and 67
6/5/2013 12:01 AM
picked up a couple big stoppers to help out my trident of sophomore guards, hopefully i'll have OBU pulled out of the gutter by the end of the season
6/5/2013 9:12 AM
Incarnate Word will be be able to score, as we have 3 talented post scorers and 3 good outside shooters.  Unfortunately there's only one ball.  We don't play defense at an elite level, but we are deep and will have scoring on both the first and second units.  Take the "over" on IW games this season. 

After a sub-par recruiting year, we bounced back with two outstanding recruits so far.  Brian "HGH" Litwin will be a beast of a guard, take the over on his improvement this year.  JUCO Kaspar, if he takes a redshirt, could sniff the upper 700s by his final season. 
6/5/2013 12:13 PM
I have a rotation of 10 coming back. Two deep at the guard positions with solid experience. My RS Frosh C Templeton will be green this year, but most will know him on a first name basis in short time. He has 8 High-High's all in the right categories. I think we'll be good, but not St Marys TX or UWP good.

If I knew you were in another battle Dave, I would have jumped back on Litwin. But I like my PG I got. He'll be a better shooter than Litwin and have comparable cores, but not better all around.
6/5/2013 12:54 PM (edited)
I'm somewhat new at this, but looking to make my third tourney in a row and finally unseat Bowie State as the team to beat in the CIAA (that will be tough to do). Maybe even beat him, just once. Pruneda at SG can fill it up, (but not much else). My PG is a good passer who gets a lot of assists and I'm hoping Reeser is a good enough post threat to ease the burden on Pruneda. It should be a good enough squad to get to the tourney, hopefully back into round two and maybe even a defeat of Bowie St.

I like my lower classes, w/ a good sophmore guard (really a frosh, but was inel) and a decent inel coming in and a SF I'll RS. Picked up a transfer who knows the zone defense to play backup for a couple years to provide depth.
6/5/2013 2:31 PM (edited)
Posted by hackerhog on 6/5/2013 12:54:00 PM (view original):
I have a rotation of 10 coming back. Two deep at the guard positions with solid experience. My RS Frosh C Templeton will be green this year, but most will know him on a first name basis in short time. He has 8 High-High's all in the right categories. I think we'll be good, but not St Marys TX or UWP good.

If I knew you were in another battle Dave, I would have jumped back on Litwin. But I like my PG I got. He'll be a better shooter than Litwin and have comparable cores, but not better all around.
I would've bailed on the last battle to defend Litwin.  Just trying to prove a point now.  Don't jump a recruit on the day of signing and assume I don't have deep pockets.  Thank you Heartland post-season cash.

Normally I have much love for conference-mate St Mary's, but losing Lonnie Cook will hurt.  They will defend you the moment you get off the bus, but might be a bit offensively challenged. 

My pick out of the Heartland this season is Valdosta St.  They have a good balance of defense and offense.  Senior guards with PER of 96 & 98, plus a Sr SF with LP of 95.  In his 7th season at Valdosta, alazer is building something very good.  
6/5/2013 2:35 PM
your team is definitely coming around, aperi. Glad you are there to give baseballer some good competition. 
6/5/2013 7:35 PM
I agree with davefilby about Valdosta St.  They'll be very good this year.  I invited them to the Derby City Classic for this season when they were an 'under the radar' team.  Then they made the Sweet 16 last year for the first time in 34 years. 
 I'm looking forward to playing them in the Derby City.
6/6/2013 3:53 AM
Posted by davefilby on 6/5/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):

I would've bailed on the last battle to defend Litwin.  Just trying to prove a point now.  Don't jump a recruit on the day of signing and assume I don't have deep pockets.  Thank you Heartland post-season cash.

Normally I have much love for conference-mate St Mary's, but losing Lonnie Cook will hurt.  They will defend you the moment you get off the bus, but might be a bit offensively challenged. 

My pick out of the Heartland this season is Valdosta St.  They have a good balance of defense and offense.  Senior guards with PER of 96 & 98, plus a Sr SF with LP of 95.  In his 7th season at Valdosta, alazer is building something very good.  
I appreciate the vote of confidence, Dave, but the Heartland is pretty tough this year. Your team, st marys, montevallo, or one of the alabamas could just as easily win. I don't think ive had a season yet where i haven't had a 3-4 game losing streak early in conference play dash any hope i had.
6/6/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by bbunch on 6/5/2013 7:35:00 PM (view original):
your team is definitely coming around, aperi. Glad you are there to give baseballer some good competition. 
I appreciate that too! If aperi is going to get me though, this season might be the best bet. I think we will be too young this season, but I think next couple we could be back in the Final 4 discussions.
6/6/2013 11:26 AM
Ya, I think this is my shot to do it, bballer. Next couple years you guys will be pretty tough. My slowdown zone is always an interesting matchup w/ your press. GL this season!
6/6/2013 2:34 PM
Posted by alazer on 6/6/2013 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 6/5/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):

I appreciate the vote of confidence, Dave, but the Heartland is pretty tough this year. Your team, st marys, montevallo, or one of the alabamas could just as easily win. I don't think ive had a season yet where i haven't had a 3-4 game losing streak early in conference play dash any hope i had.

All you mentioned except St Mary's are in the same division.  If those 5 can manage enough non-con wins, maybe we can put 5 in the NT from Heartland West.

I like all the chatter here so far this season. 

6/6/2013 4:51 PM
12345 Next ▸
D2 Season 65 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.