Iba D2 Season 74 & ... Topic

Gonna start a new thread with a coach recruiting message:

If someone is looking for a good starter D2 team, come join me in the Gulf South. There is some post season recruiting money in the Gulf South budget and both Ouachita and West Georgia have a good base coming back.
8/25/2014 10:46 AM
I'd like to start off thanking the voters. We don't deserve to be ranked 6th, but we will take it! Our season will.be defined by how far our front court can take us. Definitely the strength of our squad. Hopefully the guards don't screw it up!

IW looks like the favorite. I like their mix of inside and outside scoring, I wonder if a super athletic team could trip them up. Haven't checked Parkside but they usually have those athletic defensive types I'm thinking of. Should be a fun season, the CVAC looks real tough again.
9/1/2014 6:52 PM
wow. There's no way we're #4. The Rankings look a little crazy this season. IW looks fierce. 
9/1/2014 10:32 PM
Bellarmine had a down season, finishing 17-14 and losing in the 2nd round PIT. I'm not surprised that we received no votes.   With 10 players returning, I hope to surprise a few teams. 
9/2/2014 5:06 AM
This is the season the senior class has been waiting for at IW. Last season we didn't defend well enough, I agree with your thoughts getbedarded, I hope the athletic defenders not from the senior class are enough to provide offensive-defensive balance.

I expect an early season loss to someone and we spend the rest of the season trying to climb the mountain. The opener vs Longwood, Challenge game vs Lees-McRae, long-time nemesis Bellarmine, and good Kennesaw St & Dominican teams stand out in non-con. Combine that with the Heartland schedule, and I don't think there's a Lander-like dominating run in our near future.
9/2/2014 8:27 AM
IW has been lucky and good so far. Congrats to Erskine & Nyack on really impressive non-cons. Humboldt too.
9/11/2014 8:55 AM
The last 3 Yarnell champions have gone on to win the National Championship. The target is on Wisconsin-Parkside's back now.
9/12/2014 11:10 AM
Posted by davefilby on 9/11/2014 8:55:00 AM (view original):
IW has been lucky and good so far. Congrats to Erskine & Nyack on really impressive non-cons. Humboldt too.
IW continues to win close games, beating ranked Valdosta St last night by 3. 5 games against teams with winning records remain, including ranked opponents St Mary's & Valdosta at home, and at N Alabama. Allow myself to jinx.....myself.
9/19/2014 8:56 AM
This thread has been dead for a while. Who are the contenders, folks??? (I have IW, Erksine, Pfieffer as the 3 best teams in DII)

9/29/2014 9:26 AM
Posted by bbunch on 9/29/2014 9:26:00 AM (view original):
This thread has been dead for a while. Who are the contenders, folks??? (I have IW, Erksine, Pfieffer as the 3 best teams in DII)

Agree. 

Looking for 'new' names, I like South Dakota St. and  Nyack
9/30/2014 4:22 AM
South Dakota St. has been strong for a little while now. Quietly, a good program is being built out there. 

A lot of teams with very good records this season. Tourney will be interesting
9/30/2014 12:23 PM
Posted by hackerhog on 9/12/2014 11:10:00 AM (view original):
The last 3 Yarnell champions have gone on to win the National Championship. The target is on Wisconsin-Parkside's back now.
Very little chance that Parkside is able to keep that streak alive.
10/1/2014 2:42 AM
If we win our 1st round game, there's a potential matchup between Longwood and Incarnate Word in the 2nd round. That should be interesting. 
10/5/2014 10:23 AM
Posted by bbunch on 10/5/2014 10:23:00 AM (view original):
If we win our 1st round game, there's a potential matchup between Longwood and Incarnate Word in the 2nd round. That should be interesting. 
No, it shouldn't be interesting. Please let it not be interesting. I HATE seeing that potential 2nd round matchup.
10/5/2014 11:03 AM
My RPI was pulled down by the horrible Sims in my conference. Get a rematch with Humbolt in round one as a 16 seed. Should be fun. Both Ouachita and West Georgia deserve to be in the NT too from my conf. The sims were just that bad.
10/5/2014 11:36 AM
123 Next ▸
Iba D2 Season 74 & ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.