yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

I forgot to mention a couple things.  After you set the vision on recruits, you have to hit "Refresh" before the names will change from red to black.  Also, one of the features that I'll include later is the ability to have it do recruit actions for you.  I regularly use it to send an AC scout to every recruit I'm interested in.  It takes the tool about 30 seconds to do what would take me 5-10 minutes to do manually.  I once sent over 200 recruits AC Phone Calls that way too.  That would've taken forever to do manually.
9/10/2010 1:09 PM
Posted by yatzr on 9/10/2010 9:53:00 AM (view original):
I think you might have an old version of java.  TableRowSorter (the one it's complaining about) was introduced in version 6.  Try updating to the latest version.
Nope, that's not it.  Apple has it's own version of java and any updates to the program will automatically be applied whenever I update my machine.  I just did an update earlier in the week (both to my desktop and laptop, which is a couple of years newer); the tool won't work on either.
9/10/2010 1:14 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 9/10/2010 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by yatzr on 9/10/2010 9:53:00 AM (view original):
I think you might have an old version of java.  TableRowSorter (the one it's complaining about) was introduced in version 6.  Try updating to the latest version.
Nope, that's not it.  Apple has it's own version of java and any updates to the program will automatically be applied whenever I update my machine.  I just did an update earlier in the week (both to my desktop and laptop, which is a couple of years newer); the tool won't work on either.
You may need to actually tell it to use java 6 instead of java 5.  I found this blog post from a few years ago.  Not sure if it still applies.
http://gephi.org/users/install-java-6-mac-os-x-leopard/
9/10/2010 1:22 PM
 That's a pretty cool tool. GJ on it!
 Myself, I'm kind of a pureist so I'm doing it the old fashioned way. I have my own method of recruiting. I'm only in my 2nd season so I'm not sure how it will go yet.
9/10/2010 3:51 PM
I cannot find a ".jar" file when I open this file.
9/10/2010 5:14 PM
Posted by partyrock on 9/10/2010 5:14:00 PM (view original):
the file is yatzr_recruit_tool_0.1.jar.  It's in the zip file that you download.  Not sure what the issue could be.
9/11/2010 12:06 AM
Yatzr this is all excellent work, I'm loving the game analyzer, and can't wait for my next recruiting cycle to try this one out.
9/11/2010 12:37 AM
I put my team ID in and this is what i get. ID is 50900

Isnt a valid team ID
9/11/2010 1:00 AM
Posted by ginobili04 on 9/11/2010 1:00:00 AM (view original):

Isnt a valid team ID
Gino, I just tried yours and it works.  You have to make sure you put in your team ID, season, and choose a recruits file.  If you don't choose a recruits file, it will give you the invalid team ID error.
9/11/2010 1:14 AM
i did that, what recruit file should i choose? I get about 10 different things.
9/11/2010 1:19 AM
Where do i get the recruits file? It has so many options to choose from like downloads,documents, desktop, computer, all that crap shows on the one page that pops up when i select recruits file. Cant find a .jar anywhere, doing something wrong.
9/11/2010 1:45 AM (edited)
Posted by yatzr on 9/11/2010 12:06:00 AM (view original):
the file is yatzr_recruit_tool_0.1.jar.  It's in the zip file that you download.  Not sure what the issue could be.
So, I should chose 'save' file and then put it into 'My Docuements" and then open with Java?  If I choose 'open' file, I get approx 10 folders or so that display on my screen.
9/11/2010 8:08 AM
Posted by ginobili04 on 9/11/2010 1:45:00 AM (view original):
Where do i get the recruits file? It has so many options to choose from like downloads,documents, desktop, computer, all that crap shows on the one page that pops up when i select recruits file. Cant find a .jar anywhere, doing something wrong.
You download the recruits file(s) from the same place you got the recruit tool from.  Click on the Recruits File button, choose a recruits file (I used the d2 one), then click Save.  The table should then be populated.
9/11/2010 9:33 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 9/11/2010 1:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ginobili04 on 9/11/2010 1:00:00 AM (view original):

Isnt a valid team ID
Gino, I just tried yours and it works.  You have to make sure you put in your team ID, season, and choose a recruits file.  If you don't choose a recruits file, it will give you the invalid team ID error.
Glad to see you got yours working.  Did you have to tell it to use java 6 like the instructions in that blog post?  I'd like to know what to tell the next mac user that has issues.
9/11/2010 11:38 AM
Posted by partyrock on 9/11/2010 8:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by yatzr on 9/11/2010 12:06:00 AM (view original):
So, I should chose 'save' file and then put it into 'My Docuements" and then open with Java?  If I choose 'open' file, I get approx 10 folders or so that display on my screen.
I would download the zip file and put it in its own folder.  Extract the zip file so that you have these 3 files in the folder
permTeams.dat
config.ini
yatzr_recruit_tool_0.1.jar

Open the .jar file with Java.  If double clicking it doesn't open it with Java, try doing right-click then "Open With...".  You should then be able to tell it to open the file with Java.  On my computer (windows Vista), java shows up as "Java(TM) Platform SE binary".  Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
9/11/2010 11:45 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.