yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't get it to work like the directions say it should. The regular guess one works fine though.
12/28/2011 4:42 AM
updated for small bug fix.  People in leahy were experiencing this bug because there is a team with no players right now.
1/8/2012 2:09 PM
No players at all? Which one?
1/8/2012 3:05 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/8/2012 3:05:00 PM (view original):
No players at all? Which one?
http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/PlayerRatings.aspx?tid=51522
I'm pretty sure this is the same one people were talking about awhile ago as having a single class of 50.  This must be the first time they've actually had to recruit all 50 in one go.
1/8/2012 3:11 PM
that is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Thanks yatzr
1/8/2012 3:14 PM

I don't mind throwing him some cash, if I start seeing the benefits.

How long does the "grab/update recruits" normally take?

It's been "in progress" for 30 minutes. 

1/14/2012 5:22 PM

Okay, I reset some of the options of what I wanted to download and it didn't take as long.  Now I'm at the point, HOW do I use this thing?  I see "action" box.  When I check it...then what?  Does it make recruiting easier?  How do or can I copy this to an excel file? 

I'm sure there's some directions somewhere on "how" to use this thing somewhere and I'm just missing it.

Thanks
1/14/2012 5:35 PM (edited)
Posted by skinndogg on 1/14/2012 5:35:00 PM (view original):

Okay, I reset some of the options of what I wanted to download and it didn't take as long.  Now I'm at the point, HOW do I use this thing?  I see "action" box.  When I check it...then what?  Does it make recruiting easier?  How do or can I copy this to an excel file? 

I'm sure there's some directions somewhere on "how" to use this thing somewhere and I'm just missing it.

Thanks
After checking the 'Action' box, click on Data, then Mass Recruit. You can then Add the players that have their Action box checked to your watch list, send an AC scout, send an AC Phone Call, or Offer a scholarship.

You can also download and use the Recruit Action Scheduler which allows you to do all of your recruiting actions (AC/HC Phone calls, FR/SO starts, AC/HC Scouts, etc.) in one go, rather than having to recruit each player individually.
1/14/2012 6:01 PM

Okay, I get it.  You cheating SOG's.  :)  13 recruiting seasons and I discover this.   Money is coming soon.

Another question.  I see the formulas.  S1, and S2...why for some reason the WR S1 is so # heavy?  I assume the only thing that you're comparing is the RB's to RB's, and DL's to DL's, but why are WR's so high?

1/14/2012 9:34 PM
The default formulas are (I think) the GD Reports formulas used to rank players.
1/15/2012 8:50 AM
Posted by skinndogg on 1/14/2012 9:34:00 PM (view original):

Okay, I get it.  You cheating SOG's.  :)  13 recruiting seasons and I discover this.   Money is coming soon.

Another question.  I see the formulas.  S1, and S2...why for some reason the WR S1 is so # heavy?  I assume the only thing that you're comparing is the RB's to RB's, and DL's to DL's, but why are WR's so high?

"? I see the formulas.  S1, and S2...why for some reason the WR S1 is so # heavy?  I assume the only thing that you're comparing is the RB's to RB's, and DL's to DL's, but why are WR's so high?"

I had the same problem.  Look at the formula, I believe there is an extra space or a plus sign in there.  You can just modify it. 

1/15/2012 10:48 AM
I was wondering the same thing with WRs formulas being very high compared to the other positions, any explanation of this is greatly appreciated, thanx :)
1/15/2012 6:45 PM
The mistake is pretty simple, in the WR formula, there is a slight typo mistake as 0.15+ATH is written.

Replace the + by * and you'll see the numbers change to something that is more normal.
1/16/2012 2:19 AM
ugh, I thought I had fixed that formula awhile ago, but I must not have actually uploaded the fixed file.  I've attempted to fix it again, so the config.ini on the website should have the correct formula now

And yes, those are the guess formulas.

1/16/2012 9:16 AM
How can I enter the formulas manually? The config.ini doesn't work on my Mac.
1/28/2012 7:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.