yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Wow, that is a giant step forward.  Thanks you so much for this update Yatzr.  Guys if you are not currently a donor,

THIS IS THE REASON TO BECOME A DONOR.

Technical specs for your reference Yatzr:
Macbook Pro - (Spring 2009 release) within Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
8 GB RAM @ 1.07 GHz Bus speed
Running 64 Bit Mac Lion OS and 64 bit Java

Allocated 1 GB of RAM for Java and while running 16 threads in the tool, I watched the activity monitor.  I never jumped above 300 MB of actual RAM usage, though the CPU was handling 40 threads at once with Java.  The CPU was taking the biggest hit (peaking at 100+% usage rates), but I wasn't doing anything but monitoring it anyways, so it wasn't an issue.

I would love to see it run with a Quad Core CPU, but either way this is light years ahead of where we were just a few days ago.  Outstanding work as always man.

2/21/2012 9:43 AM
Yatzr is the man.

16 threads < 3 min.; 1 thread > 14 minutes (it actually only got half-way through the tasks before I got tired of watching)
  • Grab/Update Recruits
  • Grab/Update D1AA Recruits
  • Grab/Update Coach Info
  • Grab Recruit Town

Running: Quad Core Intel i3, 4 GB RAM (I don't know what allocating RAM means);  CPU usage didn't top 60%
2/21/2012 11:26 AM
Excellent. Less than 15 minutes to download YOST including GPA and FormIQ using 8 threads.
2/21/2012 4:22 PM
excellent stuff

minor thing - after signings began in Warner -
did a grab/update recruits -- grab/update signed players -- Update Multiples with 8 threads (awesome feature by the way)
the update did not show the total amount of Players signed for just myself -- all other teams were showing correctly (as far as I could tell)
Lane - glaity -16/0/31 - 388m

I've signed 14 players at this point -- should show 16/14/31

thanks
2/22/2012 7:04 PM
Sorry if this has been answered previously but this is my first time using the recruiting tool. When I Mass Recruit and have it Add to Watch List, is it supposed to update my watch list on the GD recruiting page? So far I have tried multiple times and it says complete/done but it is not reflected on the GD recruiting page.
2/23/2012 6:42 PM
hmmm it definitely should do that...if you have not started recruiting.  If recruiting has already started, then you'll need to do a phone call or some other action to get them added to your watch list.  (I think thats they way it works).
2/23/2012 6:49 PM
yatzr great tool, i'm having issues with the latest version though.  Speeds are definitely improved with multiple threads but its not grabbing all the recruits.  I'm doing Stagg Season 73 (i know recruiting just ended but i'm obsessed) and i'm only getting 2 TE's within 200 miles of me (texas a&m) when there are many many more than that in the recruiting search on WIS.  I've redownloaded the files, put it in a different folder than the old version, tried with 8 and 16 threads, no luck.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
2/23/2012 7:39 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 2/23/2012 6:49:00 PM (view original):
hmmm it definitely should do that...if you have not started recruiting.  If recruiting has already started, then you'll need to do a phone call or some other action to get them added to your watch list.  (I think thats they way it works).
That was the ticket, recruiting had already started and as soon as I did an AC phone call for each they showed up in the watch list. Thanks!
2/23/2012 8:41 PM
Posted by gramuf on 2/23/2012 7:40:00 PM (view original):
yatzr great tool, i'm having issues with the latest version though.  Speeds are definitely improved with multiple threads but its not grabbing all the recruits.  I'm doing Stagg Season 73 (i know recruiting just ended but i'm obsessed) and i'm only getting 2 TE's within 200 miles of me (texas a&m) when there are many many more than that in the recruiting search on WIS.  I've redownloaded the files, put it in a different folder than the old version, tried with 8 and 16 threads, no luck.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Try 1 thread.  That should function exactly like it used to.
Another thing to make sure of is that you don't have any filters turned on that are hiding recruits from you.
2/23/2012 9:06 PM
Posted by glaity on 2/22/2012 7:04:00 PM (view original):
excellent stuff

minor thing - after signings began in Warner -
did a grab/update recruits -- grab/update signed players -- Update Multiples with 8 threads (awesome feature by the way)
the update did not show the total amount of Players signed for just myself -- all other teams were showing correctly (as far as I could tell)
Lane - glaity -16/0/31 - 388m

I've signed 14 players at this point -- should show 16/14/31

thanks
This looks like it's caused by a race condition between threads.  I think I've got a way to fix it.  Thanks for pointing it out.
2/23/2012 9:07 PM
Posted by yatzr on 2/23/2012 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Another thing to make sure of is that you don't have any filters turned on that are hiding recruits from you.
That worked, interesting, i'll have to play with it some more thanks
2/23/2012 10:00 PM
Posted by gramuf on 2/23/2012 10:00:00 PM (view original):
It's very possible there's a bug and it's missing out on recruits when using multiple threads.  I haven't done a full comparison between lots of threads and 1 thread.  The more likely scenario is that one or more of the threads errored out and you were missing the recruits that thread was responsible for.  Check if there's an error.log file in the same folder as the program.  If there is, check the last modified date on it to see if it was edited when you grabbed recruits with multiple threads.
2/23/2012 10:20 PM
Posted by yatzr on 2/23/2012 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gramuf on 2/23/2012 10:00:00 PM (view original):
It's very possible there's a bug and it's missing out on recruits when using multiple threads.  I haven't done a full comparison between lots of threads and 1 thread.  The more likely scenario is that one or more of the threads errored out and you were missing the recruits that thread was responsible for.  Check if there's an error.log file in the same folder as the program.  If there is, check the last modified date on it to see if it was edited when you grabbed recruits with multiple threads.
there was no error.log file, I'll play with gradually increasing threads to see.  i'm doing this on a 400 dollar netbook-ish laptop so it could be that it can't handle that many threads
2/24/2012 11:06 AM
great tool - how'd you do it? lol
2/25/2012 3:28 PM
Yatzr...the normal equations are apparently no longer in my program as well as the equations that I've input...how do I get them back?
2/26/2012 2:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.