GD Survivor- Hits of the 80's. WINNER CROWNED Topic

the "TRUST" Vote as you guys called it made me laugh my *** off.

Since I didn't know what was going on in the game, I was watching those votes come in one at a time.

1 vote awags, 1 vote cmhbuck, 1 vote xxx, 1 vote xxx,  and I was thinking - wow I don't think that has ever happened before, they are actually going to take it to a challenge/tiebreaker

ebel's vote came last.  

I laughed.... and laughed... Even though I wasn't playing, I have played the game before, and I could just picture the sitemail a' flailing after that happened
12/22/2010 12:40 PM
Posted by polabonez on 12/22/2010 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by texan123 on 12/22/2010 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I had an alliance with Nelson until the end and was surprised to make it as far as i did. As for the awags vote had work not been so busy, I wouldn't have sent out a quick awags vote to Pola and instead csudak would have gone home. At any rate the game was a lot of fun and a welcome distraction from GD.
If this is the vote I'm thinking of, texan actually later tried to switched his vote from awags which would have put it at the 2-2-2 tie....

I didn't allow the change though, as per the rules on changing votes.
yep thats the vote Pola. Work was really busy that day, I checked in real quick sent off a vote before i noticed the official results and checked back in later to confusion! Rules are rules and you have to stick by them.
12/22/2010 12:44 PM
Posted by texan123 on 12/22/2010 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I had an alliance with Nelson until the end and was surprised to make it as far as i did. As for the awags vote had work not been so busy, I wouldn't have sent out a quick awags vote to Pola and instead csudak would have gone home. At any rate the game was a lot of fun and a welcome distraction from GD.
That awags vote was a mess.  If you haven't voted early it still probably would have been awags, cause I made my vote already knowing that you and will voted for awags. 
At that point I knew that you and nelson were def together, and that will and nelson were together, but I wasn't sure if you were all together and ebel was the wild card I couldn't read. I knew that they only way I get to the end is either win immunity every time or try to keep awags who I thought would vote with me.  So I had try to anything to keep him around. 
When I cast my vote for ebel, I knew that will and texan had voted awags, and I was 99% sure nelson was voting for me.  Awags thought nelson might flip, so myself and awags went ebel on the thought that either nelson would flip and I actually tried to goad ebel into changing his mind and voting for me instead of awags, causing a 3-2-1 vote with ebel on the losing end. 
I knew that by voting for ebel the worst case was a 3 way tie and then it would have probably gone against me, but I knew I didn't have the numbers and it was only a matter of time either way.
12/22/2010 1:00 PM
Posted by muddapucka on 12/22/2010 12:37:00 PM (view original):
My Final Four plan was always you, me, nelson, and will.  I thought "There's no way those 3 are already in an alliance."  LOL.  I should've know better.

Oh well.  It was fun.
For the record, my Final Five plan was to keep mudda around so I would have done everything to try and keep you. So, really you should blame awags lol
12/22/2010 1:53 PM
I blame everyone.  Can't be my fault.
12/22/2010 1:59 PM
Congrats Nelson, a worthy winner, and thanks again, pola. I had one hell of a lot of playing and appreciate the creativity and especially wit that went into constructing some of the challenges (along with finding some of those music videos). My best to you and the rest of my fellow survivors. Merry Christmas (or insert the holiday of your choice if that offends you) from wintery Canada. Hopefully the new and improved GD doesn't cull too many of you.

And I hope I didn't offend anybody in my letter from the island -- just having a little fun and trying to work in as many hits from the 80s as my besotted state of mind would allow at that time.

Cheers,

WG
12/22/2010 2:09 PM
Just for the record....I wasn't really in a milllion alliances.  I started one and then less than 24 hours I think I think I was included in 4 or 5 other small alliances.    You don't say 'no' to an alliance.  It makes it look like you are hiding something.
12/22/2010 4:30 PM
Congrats Nelson.  Put that survivor trophy up next to your 60 somethin NC title trophies!
12/22/2010 4:31 PM
I had no idea what I was getting into when I joined this game. I've never watched "Survivor" so I was kinda like "why are these guys emailing me and asking me to be friends with them?". I figured it out as I went along. I figured that guys that know each other for a long time through this game would eventually stick up for one another. I really tried to get people to vote for ebel early on but after seeing that whoever is percieved to be the leader doesn't make it past the next 2 votes, I figured that I'd just sit back and stick around and see what happens. I made it pretty far, too bad me, csudak and awags couldn't get a 4th member.
12/22/2010 4:49 PM

Hip Hop should have never voted out Wildpike at the beginning, it doomed our tribe.  We got caught up in that he didn't help at all with the first challenge and forgot that he was an established player who knew what he was doing.  Instead of me taking an allaiance offer, I stupidly voted him out anyway, and it doomed everyone except for the two people that were already in an allaiance: darryl and cmhbuck.  Plus, two of our guys were never on, so that didn't help either.  Won't make that mistake again...

12/22/2010 5:03 PM
Posted by mach5 on 12/22/2010 5:03:00 PM (view original):

Hip Hop should have never voted out Wildpike at the beginning, it doomed our tribe.  We got caught up in that he didn't help at all with the first challenge and forgot that he was an established player who knew what he was doing.  Instead of me taking an allaiance offer, I stupidly voted him out anyway, and it doomed everyone except for the two people that were already in an allaiance: darryl and cmhbuck.  Plus, two of our guys were never on, so that didn't help either.  Won't make that mistake again...

What?  I see where Ebel got his information ...
Darryl and I were in an alliance with Chris (awags).  As in, Chris was the leader of our alliance.
12/22/2010 5:21 PM
Congrats nelson and thanks to pola for hosting and organizing a great game.

Obviously, I should have networked more and secured more alliances. I relied on one thinking it was solid and it ended up biting me in the rear. Despite that, I thought I went pretty deep into the game and I had a good time.

I would play again in another Survivor for sure.

Oscar
12/22/2010 5:58 PM
Great game pola.  I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.  It was an effective distraction during the upgrade $hit$torm. 

I definitely learned a lot about playing this game and I hope I get the opportunity to play again in the future.

Mike
12/27/2010 11:02 PM
I love being defined as "Obscure"...also were was that damn idol?
12/28/2010 11:09 AM
Posted by sjurat on 12/28/2010 11:09:00 AM (view original):
I love being defined as "Obscure"...also were was that damn idol?
Sorry bud, I gave you the false clue early that really threw off your guesses.

Can you shed some light on the AIR AKRON alliance? I sent you a sitemail early then I was getting responses from other people RE: air Akron about dancing to the music and playing my song lol.
12/28/2010 11:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...69|70|71|72 Next ▸
GD Survivor- Hits of the 80's. WINNER CROWNED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.