ssandy, lots of things are more realistic.
1. DLs and not DBs get most of the sacks now.
2. DBs impact the running game, and make running tackles.
3. The running game is much closer to real life now. They need to adjust it just a bit (too many 2 yard gains ... about 15% of them need to be 3-4 yards and about 5% of them need to be randomly higher than 5-6 yards. Once they make that adjustment, the running game will be quite real.
4. The fact that DL are involved on screen passes is much more probabilistic.
5. The fact that you have a situational back for 3rd down is more realistic. Now if you pass on 3rd down you have a passing back and if you run you have a short yardage back.
6. You can have cover OLBs and not woory about them shifting to the middle ... you can stick your tackling LBs at ILB. There will be a rotation (if and when it occurs) that keeps your overall D how you want it.
7. The PBP is much more informative now. You can tell who is covering your WR, who made the tackle, who is getting beat on D, etc. This can allow you to make changes with real info now. Before, you had no idea who was covering WR1 or WR2 and who got beat in your secondary .. now you do.
I can not believe that people can not see all the advantages that this engine brings in.
Do does it need some tweaks .. sure. Would I like to set effectiveness for rotating players ... yes. Would I like to better control the first look receiver .. yep. Still the update has major advantages. One of which is the ability to easily add different formations which have different number of CBs, S, OLBs, ILBs, DEs, DTs in different spots and in different numbers without having to set a depth chart for each new formation. You can rank your positional players and it can pick 4 DTs, 4 ILBs, and 3 Safeties for a heavy run formation or 2 DTs, 3 OLBs, and 6 CBs for a heavy pass type formation. They might even be able to alliow users to design their own formations in the future. You put them on the field in the proper place and they react based on the position. I like where this allows the game to go.
I do not claim to be an "elite coach", but I have had several #1 recruiting classes from GUESS at all levels, I have played in NC games (never won one yet), have been in several other final fours, been in Level 5 bowls, etc. Not the best coaching resume (for sure) and not the worst. But that does not matter at all. People who are great coaches get to have their own opinions, so do coaches who suck.
If you like the new game play it, if you don't like it then quit. How hard is that?
In the meantime, we can all try to be nice to one another on the forums ... no need for personal attacks and such silly a$$hattery.