DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

Do the players from DII drop down to DIII later in recruiting last couple of days like HD does?
12/21/2011 1:05 AM
No they don't. It's not like 1:45 am at the bar. You never get better looking... Neither do I...
12/21/2011 1:39 AM (edited)
back to the top of the forum list.
12/31/2011 9:29 PM

I've got this question.  Can you win with all your signings being "good potential" and none of them being great?  70 AC scouting visits, not a single "Sky's the Limit", or "incredible upside" in any of them.  Div II
1/10/2012 7:47 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 1/10/2012 7:47:00 PM (view original):

I've got this question.  Can you win with all your signings being "good potential" and none of them being great?  70 AC scouting visits, not a single "Sky's the Limit", or "incredible upside" in any of them.  Div II
I was a little confused as to where you were coming from, but now that I reread the part where I had the "potential key" and realized it had been marked different than what I was talking about.

I had cut and pasted that and didn't realize they had the STL's listed as "Great". So the "great" recruits I am speaking of are actually the "good" recruits the potential key had.

I have changed it to read a little easier.

So to answer your question...no you don't have to sign all STL's (which were the only ones listed as Great) and not having 1 in 70 reports isn't odd. You DO want to get the great prospects (who were called Good in the potential key but have now been changed to great) and avoid the "average" ones if you will.

Hope that made sense!!
1/10/2012 7:56 PM
Bump
1/11/2012 9:22 AM
bump
1/11/2012 11:01 AM
1st season for me.  I have several players that are green that I'm planning on giving scholarships to.  Since it will be a couple more days before signings start, do I need to do anything with those guys to make sure they stay green in the mean time?  And do you typically offer a scholarship now even though signings haven't started or do you wait until they started?  Thanks.
1/16/2012 11:44 PM
Posted by kiko1313 on 1/16/2012 11:44:00 PM (view original):
1st season for me.  I have several players that are green that I'm planning on giving scholarships to.  Since it will be a couple more days before signings start, do I need to do anything with those guys to make sure they stay green in the mean time?  And do you typically offer a scholarship now even though signings haven't started or do you wait until they started?  Thanks.
You don't need to do anything unless you think they will be attacked by other coaches. They will stay green unless someone else makes a move for them. I'd hold off on offering schollies until the morning of signing day, just because there's no reason to do it sooner. Just sit around and check every cycle to see if coaches are jumping on your guys and hold back some money to protect the best of them.
1/17/2012 12:08 AM

You can go many seasons and never see an STL player.
1/17/2012 12:35 AM
Posted by badaxe on 1/17/2012 12:35:00 AM (view original):

You can go many seasons and never see an STL player.
       To what Badaxe said.  
       PS: If you find one, your tendency is to want to shout it to the world. But if you do the whole world will be trying to steal him. So keep it to yourself until After you sign him then you can brag it to your friends how you signed an STL guy.
1/17/2012 7:29 AM
1/17/2012 9:40 AM

I wish they would just pin this for the new coaches, great work vick.

1/18/2012 2:55 PM
Posted by jkenned on 1/18/2012 2:55:00 PM (view original):

I wish they would just pin this for the new coaches, great work vick.

Agreed.  Its really good advice.
1/18/2012 7:16 PM
Posted by DKC on 10/11/2011 5:51:00 PM (view original):
great write up for newbies.  This should be pinned.
+1
1/18/2012 9:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.