DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

This post made recruiting a breeze for me in this first season.  Signed all "great" potential recruits.  Of my 7 recruits, 3 will be starting, 1 will see the field often, and that leaves 3 to redshirt.  Thank you for the manifesto, and thank you to the rest of you vets for the advice.

Just read my Bowdoin Polar Bears had the 21st best recruiting class, all by following this manifesto to the T.  
1/29/2012 2:56 PM (edited)
+ 1
1/23/2012 5:14 AM
Bump for all of the new people.  
1/27/2012 9:03 AM
Bump
2/2/2012 1:55 PM
Does this basically only work at the D3 level?  Or can you use this technique at all levels?  I tried it out at D3 last season and was very happy with the results.
2/14/2012 12:29 PM
It can work at all levels with some adjustments made on your own as you develop your own recruiting style.  The base knowledge of it still works though.

2/14/2012 1:06 PM
I wish to thank all the guys for their input and wisdom in making this fun for us Newbs . With this manifesto and the great help from  ibstrummin's spreadsheet I am looking forward to my 2nd season in D111. Keep it coming guys. Thank you from all the Newbs.
2/14/2012 4:05 PM
sierra, that's why we make this stuff. Glad damauler/vick could help out. and ibstrummin, who also has a great spreadsheet.
2/15/2012 2:00 AM
+1
2/15/2012 6:00 AM
Second year in GD, my first year in DIII I only signed 3 recruits out of 9 scholarships.  I read up on yatzr and ibstrummin and used both to much better success.  In DII today, I was able to sign all 6 openings with good recruits, and had 4k left over.  Thanks to all who share their experience to make it easier/better for the new guys. 
2/15/2012 12:28 PM
Lets push this back to the top.
2/24/2012 10:06 AM
I have a question: according to this, is it pointless then to send materials and also have home visits since their is a main focus on AC scout and Campus Visits? AWESOME THREAD... It's really helped me!
2/29/2012 4:09 AM
Posted by futurekid6 on 2/29/2012 4:09:00 AM (view original):
I have a question: according to this, is it pointless then to send materials and also have home visits since their is a main focus on AC scout and Campus Visits? AWESOME THREAD... It's really helped me!
Phone calls and sending materials are basically worthless. I suppose you could use them to guage where you stand with a yellow recruit sometimes late in the week but really not worth the effort.
AC scout is the cheapest way to get information on a recruits potential. That's why it has been mentioned so often. You only need to scout a recruit once.
Campus Visit is your big gun. Not only does it exert the greatest amount of influence on a recruit, you get a refund if the recruit declines the visit offer.
The AC and HC home visits are cheaper than campus visits but dont really seem to help much. I can't prove it but it's my belief that 2 HC home visits dont exert the same influence as a single campus visit. I prefer to spend a little more and get a better return.
2/29/2012 4:59 AM
COMPLETELY agree with maddog go with campus visits over home visits. Just try 2 campus visits to knock off sims instead of the 3 home visits. Great post  by vick though!
2/29/2012 5:08 AM
I NEED SOME HELP:  We're in the 2nd day of recruiting and the first signing doesn't happen until Friday. I have sent all my AC scouts out. I have a few players that might have gone under the radar and they have high potential and they've got green dots on them. Let's assume that the green dot remains and I'm the only school interested, I have two questions: If I send a home visit or campus visit, will they actually sign on the first wave of signings???  and if that's a yes, is it better to do a home visit just so I can save money since a CV is more expensive???

2/29/2012 11:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.