Not sure why the name Switzer hasn't come up yet.
1/20/2012 10:55 PM
YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS! Why would they open up a new world? Yeah it would be fun for the first 5 or 6 seasons but once coaches land the elite they want it will be just like EVERY OTHER WORLD!  I would rather see them elminate a couple worlds versus adding one.
1/20/2012 11:16 PM
@dustin... This is purely fantasy talk. I doubt any of us actually support this idea, we are just knocking names around. You are right, though, it would probably hurt the game more than help.
1/21/2012 12:04 AM
Posted by dustin_lema on 1/20/2012 11:16:00 PM (view original):
YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS! Why would they open up a new world? Yeah it would be fun for the first 5 or 6 seasons but once coaches land the elite they want it will be just like EVERY OTHER WORLD!  I would rather see them elminate a couple worlds versus adding one.
+1,000,000 (not to the idiots part )....just the eliminating worlds part...and I'd vote for eliminating enough to get the entire GD universe to around 75% human coaches....these SIM-filled conferences, divisions and worlds are NOT "working as intended"
1/21/2012 2:09 AM
            Hmmm.  We should start a new world named after THE most popular Wis coach: " Sim AI World"    
1/21/2012 3:17 AM
I would open worlds if people want to pay 10$ a season. But I'm a business guy.  At this stage, its the Gerry Faust world.
1/21/2012 5:19 AM
I'm surprised that people have such opposition to the idea.  I see where you guys are coming from: there's not enough players for the worlds now, but the barrier of entry is difficult.  Seeing that I'm joining a league with 100 seasons only reiterates the idea that I'd be in over my head.  I think you have 10 worlds, run each for 100 years, then kill it and start a new one.  There'd be a new world every decade as one disappears and a new one starts.  Or maybe you do it every 15 years and have fewer worlds.  Whatever.  It just seems to me that shrinking the scope of the game wouldn't attract new coaches.  Keeping old, stagnant worlds until the end of eternity won't attract new coaches.  There's something to be said for opening day of something new, right?  

Out of genuine curiosity, have the active coaches on this forum ever agreed to play one particular world so that they play more human competition?
4/9/2012 9:43 PM

I like the idea someone had about adding a professional division to all worlds.

4/9/2012 10:11 PM
Posted by theinker on 4/9/2012 9:43:00 PM (view original):
I'm surprised that people have such opposition to the idea.  I see where you guys are coming from: there's not enough players for the worlds now, but the barrier of entry is difficult.  Seeing that I'm joining a league with 100 seasons only reiterates the idea that I'd be in over my head.  I think you have 10 worlds, run each for 100 years, then kill it and start a new one.  There'd be a new world every decade as one disappears and a new one starts.  Or maybe you do it every 15 years and have fewer worlds.  Whatever.  It just seems to me that shrinking the scope of the game wouldn't attract new coaches.  Keeping old, stagnant worlds until the end of eternity won't attract new coaches.  There's something to be said for opening day of something new, right?  

Out of genuine curiosity, have the active coaches on this forum ever agreed to play one particular world so that they play more human competition?
Just happened a month back or so. Heisman.
4/9/2012 10:14 PM
POPULATE HEISMAN!
4/9/2012 10:21 PM
how about a banished coaches world -- called Leach world
a "i was a good coach once before the update world" - Stoops world
how about the "coach has success at a MAC school and flames out in the Big 12" - Gil World
D2 legends world - Tjeerdsma world (NW Missouri state fans will catch this)
the abandonded teams world - Petrino world
4/10/2012 12:09 AM
Posted by glaity on 4/10/2012 12:09:00 AM (view original):
how about the "coach has success at a MAC school and flames out in the Big 12" - Gil World
The world for coaches who use psychological warfare- Fry World.
4/10/2012 1:00 AM
Posted by glaity on 4/10/2012 12:09:00 AM (view original):
Booster Gift only recruiting world - SMU World
4/10/2012 4:12 AM
I like the idea of blowing up some current worlds and starting fresh.  It would be fun for all levels of coaches to start fresh.  The best coaches would get the jobs they want same as it is now but the race is fun.  It was alot of fun when they opened Yost and that seems like forever ago.

I say blow up an old world and start a new one every 6 months.  It would be great to always have a world where you are climbing the ladder along side other top coaches..
4/11/2012 10:40 AM (edited)

Went to a restaurant that my friends and I have been going to for years.  I have a lot of good memories there but the place has been on a long downward slide.  

Felt like the customers ran the place because it was a lively group and it has an absentee owner.  The food was pretty good and the atmosphere was a lot of fun.  The cook, however, was never the type to glad-hand with the clientele and he never seemed too interested in being there anyway.  He eventually changed the menu pretty drastically and then left shortly thereafter.  Not sure if he quit or was fired.  My friends and I joke that maybe he intentionally made a bad menu just to stick it to his boss on his way out the door.

Anyway, we still hang out there.  Not really sure why.  My family and friends have gotten me way too many gift certifcates at this place and a man's got to eat I suppose.  Don't know how much longer I'll be hanging around after I burn thru those.  Pretty quiet usually and, frankly, it's like a ghost town on most days.  The place is cavernous now (about 10,000 square feet) as they were perpetually expanding the place when times were good.   Times changed though and there are now a couple vacant places on both sides. 

We were talking the other day that if the restaurant took over both spaces and blew out the walls, my ten friends and I could each have our on window seat.  Jim, my high school buddy whose is usually pretty quiet, took a sip of coffee and said, "Really?  The only reason I come here is to hang out with you clowns.  What fun is it to sit by yourself...especially eating this slop."  Jim went back to eating---or really, poking at, his breakfast.  My friends looked at each other and sat in silence.  I looked around and realized the place was empty---and really quiet.

I was killing some time before we left and I looked outside the window.  People were passing by.  Running, walking their dogs, pushing toddlers in strollers.  A whole world outside.  My friends and I sat some more in silence.  We paid the bill and left. 

4/10/2012 4:34 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.