Planned Update - Later this Year Topic

Posted by jas_illini on 3/22/2012 11:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fermor332002 on 3/20/2012 10:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by team_fapn on 3/19/2012 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by owenj24 on 3/19/2012 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Not really on topic, but wanted to get this out there.  Anyway to generate xml, json, etc of the play by play so someone can create an app to actually "watch" the game?  I don't need real players running around or anything fancy, but it would be great to be able to view the line-by-line play without seeing what is happening next. Or seeing that the scroll bar is longer than normal in the 4th Q, so you know overtime is coming.

It would be great if you guys provided this, but he next best thing would be to generate a data file for a user to build something with.  Thanks for listening, glad I've found my way back to a game that is improving and certainly on the right track!
This goes for everyone.......Im going to sift through this thread, but filter your ideas to here:

http://wisjournal.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=452970&TopicsTimeframe=30

I'll be checking that thread more often.  Glad to see you slowly coming back owen.
You really going to hijack norberts post?
hijack?  if you go read the other thread i clearly state that the reason for it is to gather feedback in a much more organized manner, compared to the randomly dispensed ideas in this thread.  and i also said ill be reading through this whole thread, which i already did, and compiling a list of ideas for the council.  so go have a beer, or smoke some weed.  relax.
Just kidding. Why don't you relax.
3/23/2012 1:48 AM (edited)
Late to the party but here are things that don't make too much sense:

Linebackers Tackles < D-Linemen Tackles
Common use of 4-4 defense
Lack of a viable dual threat quarterback concept
3/26/2012 11:45 AM
I will soon be starting some development work on this update.  Working a lot still on the planning/design phase.  A lot of the conversation is in the Council forums, but once we get a good idea of what is actually going to go into the update, I'll post it out here for comments.  This update is going to concentrate on the engine and make some improvements on the game plans.  Recruiting will most likely not be touched unless we have some gaps in development time between developers where one of us can spend some time on something else, and even then we would only be looking at some minor changes.  I just wanted to keep you guys up to date and hope to be able to post something a little more concrete soon.
3/26/2012 4:58 PM
Posted by norbert on 3/26/2012 4:58:00 PM (view original):
I will soon be starting some development work on this update.  Working a lot still on the planning/design phase.  A lot of the conversation is in the Council forums, but once we get a good idea of what is actually going to go into the update, I'll post it out here for comments.  This update is going to concentrate on the engine and make some improvements on the game plans.  Recruiting will most likely not be touched unless we have some gaps in development time between developers where one of us can spend some time on something else, and even then we would only be looking at some minor changes.  I just wanted to keep you guys up to date and hope to be able to post something a little more concrete soon.

We're patiently waiting.....

3/26/2012 6:58 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Looking forward to something happening in the near future.
3/26/2012 8:29 PM
 Thanks for talking to us.
3/26/2012 9:49 PM
Ive lost to my Last Winless SimAI Let me know when the game is something that remotley makes sense. We do this for fun and to get AWAY from real life and stress not to be confused and beaten down at every oppurtunity real life does that for us we dont need to Pay GD to do that
3/28/2012 3:10 PM
Posted by taladar on 3/28/2012 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Ive lost to my Last Winless SimAI Let me know when the game is something that remotley makes sense. We do this for fun and to get AWAY from real life and stress not to be confused and beaten down at every oppurtunity real life does that for us we dont need to Pay GD to do that
I hear ya. I agree with ya. And all I can offer in response is, if you feel like you can wait it out, I'm cautiously optimistic that you won't be disappointed with the result of the updated engine, when it arrives.

I think we've built a strong argument in the Council that many, many players echo your sentiments - in fact, most of us on the Council feel this way. I think the message has been heard and a response to our concerns is in the works.
3/29/2012 1:17 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/29/2012 1:17:00 PM (view original):
I hear ya. I agree with ya. And all I can offer in response is, if you feel like you can wait it out, I'm cautiously optimistic that you won't be disappointed with the result of the updated engine, when it arrives.

I think we've built a strong argument in the Council that many, many players echo your sentiments - in fact, most of us on the Council feel this way. I think the message has been heard and a response to our concerns is in the works.
3/29/2012 2:38 PM
Posted by bhouska on 3/29/2012 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/29/2012 1:17:00 PM (view original):

Stick with it for the up date. You have only been here for 3 seasons. It usually takes the new guys more than 3 to get the hang of it any way. Beleive me when I say that I am just as POd as any one at the engine but I also beleive that what is in the works will at least start to turne the game around.
3/29/2012 3:41 PM
Ah Alas i can only afford to keep one of my teams at the moment any way but am VERY glad and excited to hear that this is an aknowledged problem. and will stick it out in Warner with the team ican afford to keep the other team is in season now and the due date is like 3 days b4 i get paid LoL so no dice ill miss Coe but they did lose to an 0-8 team so. And ya just the stuff ive figured out from my 1st season till now is alot so i do have alot to learn its just Uber frustrationg to lose so randomly
3/29/2012 9:17 PM
Norbert,

Any word on teh cross conference chat boards?? 
3/29/2012 9:28 PM
Since werer putting in different idea's. Why do we have a time limit on using the credits and points!!  It makes no sense. why do they care how long you let them accumulate. It will keep you a COACH LONGER.
3/29/2012 11:37 PM
Posted by taladar on 3/29/2012 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Ah Alas i can only afford to keep one of my teams at the moment any way but am VERY glad and excited to hear that this is an aknowledged problem. and will stick it out in Warner with the team ican afford to keep the other team is in season now and the due date is like 3 days b4 i get paid LoL so no dice ill miss Coe but they did lose to an 0-8 team so. And ya just the stuff ive figured out from my 1st season till now is alot so i do have alot to learn its just Uber frustrationg to lose so randomly
I had to check out your team and the 0-8 Sim team that beat you, and I have to say, IMO, the Sim team has more talent.  So, I'm not totally surprised they beat you.

Also, why are you starting a SR DL with STR of 32 when you have a JR DL with STR/TKL in the 60's???  How does the SR even have 32 STR anyway, I thought the lowest as a freshmen is 33???

3/30/2012 9:33 AM
i hear many coaches talking about 'randomness' in their posts. and many coaches, inlcuding myself, wonder how a less talented team can win at all. one thing that would help me is to know who is in the game on each play. it seems to me that if a team has in several backups on any given play then they might be at a talent disadvantage. if a coach realizes that his team, on one play or a set of plays, is at a talent disadvantage, possibly due to bad luck, then the 'randomness' might not seem as random. just a thought, and maybe not even an original one.
4/3/2012 3:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...31 Next ▸
Planned Update - Later this Year Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.