Mafia game- Mafia Wins Topic

Who wants to play? I will be narrator.

2 maf
2 townspeople
1 doc
1 cop

Basic setup. We can expand if this idea gets going. From Wikipedia:

One person is the game's Narrator (popularly called the "God") - they moderate the game, rather than participating. Everyone else is dealt a card that gives them their secret role as a player.
[edit]Roles
Narrator
Civilians (civilian-sided)
Mafia (Mafia-sided, win by killing off/outnumbering villagers)
Detective (civilian-sided, can inspect mafia members)
Doctor (civilian-sided, can elect someone to save in the night)
[edit]Night
The Narrator tells everyone to close their eyes ("It is now nighttime and all the villagers are asleep..."). The night phase can optionally be accompanied by all players tapping gently to mask any giveaway sounds of player movement. However, no suspicions are to be based on actions in the night.[16]
Each night, the Narrator tells the Mafia to open their eyes and acknowledge their fellow members. They kill off one of the other players by silently gesturing to indicate their target and to show unanimity. Then the Narrator instructs the mafia members to "sleep" (close their eyes again).
Now the Detective will open his or her eyes and point at a suspect; if that player is mafia-sided, the narrator nods. Then the Narrator instructs the Detective to "sleep" and the Doctor to open his or her eyes; he or she points at someone to save, then goes back to sleep.
[edit]Day
The Narrator tells everyone to wake up. Unless the doctor and the mafia selected the same target a murder is announced, sometimes with a little narrative detail. (For example, "David was shot seven times, stabbed three times, and drowned in the river.") This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.
During the daytime phase, the players deliberate over which suspected Mafia member they wish to nominate for lynching. Once nominations are made, the narrator administers an election between the nominees, in which all players vote - whoever receives the most votes is lynched; they are "dead," and may no longer participate in the game in any way.
Because players have less information and more freedom to deliberate during the day, the day phase tends to be longer than the night phase. The day phase either has a set time limit, or continues until a lynch has been performed.
[edit]Win condition
If all Mafia members are killed, then the Townspeople win the game. If the villagers are outnumbered by the Mafia during the day, then the Mafia win.

More on online adaptation when we get 8 participants!
3/18/2012 7:22 PM
Of course Gino has to be part of the mafia.
3/18/2012 9:29 PM
I don't really understand, but it sounds interesting.  I'll give our test run a trial.
3/18/2012 9:37 PM
Posted by ginobili04 on 3/18/2012 9:29:00 PM (view original):
Of course Gino has to be part of the mafia.
Doesn't take a detective to figure this one out. I'm going to say Gino's with the mafia.
3/18/2012 9:45 PM
I'm not on here enough right now to play, but I have a fun story for you. 

I use to play this game with a bunch of people in high school.  We had all played it quite a bit and had gotten good at figuring out who was who.  Then they let me be God once, and then never again.  I made everyone (about 12 people or so) be townspeople, but still went through all the normal steps telling people to wake up and go back to sleep.  When the mafiaa was to kill someone, I just picked someone that I knew wouldn't spoil the fun when they realized what was going on.  The arguments that flared up during daytime were amazing.  I had never seen them get so furious with each other.  It. Was. Awesome.  After about half the group was dead, the remaining people figured it out.  I think all the dead people laughing at their arguments gave it away.  A few of the people that took the game very seriously were ******.  The rest of us thought it was hilarious...but it's something you can really only do once.
3/18/2012 11:38 PM
Posted by yatzr on 3/18/2012 11:38:00 PM (view original):
I'm not on here enough right now to play, but I have a fun story for you. 

I use to play this game with a bunch of people in high school.  We had all played it quite a bit and had gotten good at figuring out who was who.  Then they let me be God once, and then never again.  I made everyone (about 12 people or so) be townspeople, but still went through all the normal steps telling people to wake up and go back to sleep.  When the mafiaa was to kill someone, I just picked someone that I knew wouldn't spoil the fun when they realized what was going on.  The arguments that flared up during daytime were amazing.  I had never seen them get so furious with each other.  It. Was. Awesome.  After about half the group was dead, the remaining people figured it out.  I think all the dead people laughing at their arguments gave it away.  A few of the people that took the game very seriously were ******.  The rest of us thought it was hilarious...but it's something you can really only do once.
I had a friend, who's name was Heath, do this. We called it pulling a Heath. I do it whenever I'm narrator with him now.
3/19/2012 12:20 AM
Played a similar game like this over thanksgiving with the family. without the detective and doctor.
3/19/2012 12:38 AM
Ive heard of kinky; but a horses head in your bed ?

3/19/2012 3:54 AM
Mojo, They didn't even have to make you an offer you couldn't refuse and you jumped right into the bed. 

Ceasari, if there is still an opening and you promise not to kill me off 1st I would like to have a part.
3/19/2012 5:49 AM
Here's the list so far:

1. Gino
2. Arfdog
3. iamthetwo
4. polabonez
5.. yoijames

We need 3 more....!
3/19/2012 7:43 PM (edited)
suppose im in as well
3/19/2012 10:58 AM
I read that whole thing and have no idea wtf any of that means.  But would I get the chance to kill off arfy?
3/19/2012 12:56 PM
I'll give it a try lmao
3/19/2012 1:26 PM
Posted by polabonez on 3/19/2012 12:56:00 PM (view original):
I read that whole thing and have no idea wtf any of that means.  But would I get the chance to kill off arfy?
  Heh. That's my problem. I would probably be in too but I haven't a clue how this plays out. 
            So at least for season 1 , I will be an observer.
3/19/2012 1:38 PM
A mafia game with "villagers" and "lynching."  

Narrator [Zips up the jeans of a sleeping villager, tip toes back to his bean bag and then Rolls 46-sided die (doesn't roll to well)]:  [Holding a flashlight underneath his chin]  "Wakey, Wakey [taking them out of hypnosis].  During the night, Vinnie of Allister flew into the village of Bergen, New Jersey riding a crimson dragon.  He crept into ye Olde bookie shop and used his longsword to slay Mickey Two Shoes.  Jumping back onto his dragon, Vinnie of Allister pulled off the Jersey Turnpike and into the John Fenwick service area.  While at the urinal, Vinnie is attacked from behind by a horde of villagers with pitchforks and torches.  [Frankenstein at urinal number 2, slowly pulls up his pants, and leaves the men's room whistling nervously].  They tie Vinnie of Allister up, place him in a time machine and send him to Biloxi, Mississippi in the reconstruction era for "lynching."

Participant 1 [wondering why his underwear are on backwards]:  "What the hell?  That SUCKS!   This is game is SO friggin' random!  [Spills glass of Jaegermeister, holds up picture of woman peeing on a sidewalk and shoves it in everyone's face"

Participant 2: "Psssssssssssh.  Tell me about it, pal.  In my day, the Mafia had A LOT more class.  And us villagers didn't have time-machines to take care of our lynchings.  We had to walk uphill---both ways---in snow.  Plus we had to plant a seed, wait for the tree to grow, chop down the vine, plant another seed, wait for that tree to grow, tie the guy to a sapling, wait until that branch grew high enough....."

Creator *********:  "[Nods to security and participant 1 and his picture are removed while he's kicking and screaming] I'm working on some ways to improve Lynch Mob and I should roll out a new version later this year.  We're trying to reduce the acts of molestation against participants during the 'sleep phase' but at the same time improve the playability.  [Participants all gasp]  I know, I know...counterintuitive but we're working with the Mob council and I'll keep you updated."

Non-Participant 1 [sitting in the room, not-playing but wont leave]:  "Yeah, what he said is right.  I used to play Lynch Mob and I was a pretty big deal. [Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" starts playing in the background] Hey...did I every mention how I used to be relevant and that I paid for my computer, three of these fuzzy eraser heads, some Sweettarts and eight of my "I'm a douchebag" tee-shirts with Lynch Mob points. [whole room collectively sighs and nods sadly]. 

Fin.

3/19/2012 2:58 PM (edited)
1|2|3...14 Next ▸
Mafia game- Mafia Wins Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.