Update: 4/18/12 (UPDATED) Topic

We have a minor update we have scheduled to push out this Wednesday, April 18th.  It will go out after the afternoon games and world processing.  This is just a few things I wanted to push out before starting on the engine update.

This is what's included:
- Rescind unprocessed recruiting actions.  You can now remove unprocessed recruiting actions and reclaim recruiting money from the recruit's History tab.
- Split Offense and Defense game plan settings.  There is now a duplicate section for setting game plans and one will be for offensive situations and the other for defensive situations, so you can adjust offense and defense separately.  Unfortunately, you still save the offense and defense in tandem in each playbook, but with a little practice it's not as confusing as it sounds.  It would take more time to actually split those out, which I will probably work on with the engine update.  But at least you can now adjust your defensive strategy while keeping your offense the same without having to jump through playbook copying hoops.
- Rest level percentages. It now shows the percentage values for fatigue/rest settings on Depth Chart page, so you know what fatigue level you are setting players for.
- Rush level percentages. Now shows Rush Level as percentage on Depth Chart page. See below for a better explanation.
- Reduction in pick 6 chance on interceptions.  This did not reduce the chance of interceptions and doesn't totally solve the problem, but this was easily adjustable and happened far too often.  We'll have to see if it still happens too much, but toned down the biggest offender (short pass interceptions).
- DIA NC Reward Point minimum.  The DIA National Champion will receive no less than 1650 Reward Points.

For Rush Levels: These are displayed as percentages, but are not true percentages in the sense that they have to add up to 100%.  They are really relative values of which player that is on the field will be most likely to get the carry on a rushing play.  The Rush Percentage does not affect which players will be on the field, as that is controlled by depth charts, rest levels, and the RB Split setting.  Once it decides which players are on the field and decided to run the ball, it randomly picks the ball carrier based on those players' Rush Levels.  A player set at 100% will have an equal chance to be the ball carrier as another player at 100%.  An 80% player will have an equal chance as another 80% player.  A 20% player will have 1/5th the chance to carry as a player at 100%, and so on.  You will notice that the RB slot is locked in at 100% and this is consistent with the current settings, but shown just so you can see the relative values for other players.  This is exactly the same settings and choices you had before, but it now displays a value so you can tell what the difference between "Level 4" and "Level 5" is, for example.
4/16/2012 10:27 AM
As usual, I really like where you are taking the game.  These look to be a small step in the direction of more reality!
4/16/2012 11:07 AM
Cool !!!
4/16/2012 11:08 AM
AWESOME,  thanks for all your hard work norbert
4/16/2012 12:09 PM
Good start. Thanks.
4/16/2012 12:16 PM
nice... should be interesting to see how much this effects the game and the coaches in it. definitely a step in the right direction.
4/16/2012 12:17 PM
Thanks Norbert, now all my fellow coaches that are much smarter than me can get this figured out and site mail me the results.  And as always, Thanks in Advance--
4/16/2012 12:24 PM
4/16/2012 12:27 PM
4/16/2012 1:06 PM
sounds great -- 1 thing -- do you have screenshots of what this is going to look like? for us visual types?
thanks
4/16/2012 1:17 PM
Splitting game plans will really help the cocoa he's out there! Thanks
4/16/2012 1:38 PM
If you rescind an action for a recruit, will there be a negative outcome from it?
4/16/2012 1:51 PM
Posted by emw13 on 4/16/2012 1:51:00 PM (view original):
If you rescind an action for a recruit, will there be a negative outcome from it?
No, it's just withdrawing the action before it actually gets processed.
4/16/2012 1:55 PM
I like the sounds of it.
4/16/2012 1:56 PM
Would it be possible to add a couple of minor updates. I'm an "old" veteran at Hoops Dynasty (only my 5th season here) and two things that jump out at me are

1. on the recruting tab, sub tab "summary" you can click the little arrow and add recruits to the compare list, but unlike Hoops where you can just hit the "delete all" button, you have to delete each one individually. I like having both options where if you want to stay in the same catergory you can delete one or 2, but if you want to change catergories (say from RB to WR) you have to delete them all one at a time and with all the players on your roster (50 compared to 12) it gets a little time consuming and tedious when you have to fill so many roster slots and positions. It would be nice if you could add that botton.

2. over in Hoops again, you are able to post messages on other players/coaches/conferences "coaches corner" and here we are not able to. Sometimes it's easier and quicker to send a guy a message by being able to put it on his coaches corner instead of sending him a site mail with the hopes that he remembers to check it. Some guys go 2/3 or 6/7 days without checking the sitemail, but everybody sees the coaches corner every day. Yes I can post on my own coaches corner, but it would be nice to post on the other conferences when you have buddies or rivals from those other conferences. Sometims it's important stuff, sometimes it's just small talk, and others it's smack talk, but it would be a nice addition as well.
4/16/2012 2:01 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
Update: 4/18/12 (UPDATED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.