Update: 4/18/12 (UPDATED) Topic

Now there should b absolutely no reason that u end up with an AC player.

The highest thanks

4/18/2012 9:51 AM
Posted by bhouska on 4/18/2012 7:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sprdthefield on 4/18/2012 4:04:00 AM (view original):
Another small thing you could throw in there is let us keep our remaining budget we have left over in recruiting. I feel like if people would test the elites in D1 then maybe they wouldnt be carrying over a lt of budget each season like people thinks they would. PLEASE let us carry over budget, it helps to scout more players and helps us recruit long distance in a few seasons of saving.
I disagree, I think it was working opposite of your plans with the previous 100% carryover style.  The Elites were the ones building up huge bankrolls.

I agree. At one time the Elites had thousands of $$$$$ for RCing and it was imposibule to battle against them. The Elites would get all the best and the little guy didn't have a chance at all.
4/18/2012 11:39 AM
Posted by courtmagic on 4/16/2012 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Would it be possible to add a couple of minor updates. I'm an "old" veteran at Hoops Dynasty (only my 5th season here) and two things that jump out at me are

1. on the recruting tab, sub tab "summary" you can click the little arrow and add recruits to the compare list, but unlike Hoops where you can just hit the "delete all" button, you have to delete each one individually. I like having both options where if you want to stay in the same catergory you can delete one or 2, but if you want to change catergories (say from RB to WR) you have to delete them all one at a time and with all the players on your roster (50 compared to 12) it gets a little time consuming and tedious when you have to fill so many roster slots and positions. It would be nice if you could add that botton.

2. over in Hoops again, you are able to post messages on other players/coaches/conferences "coaches corner" and here we are not able to. Sometimes it's easier and quicker to send a guy a message by being able to put it on his coaches corner instead of sending him a site mail with the hopes that he remembers to check it. Some guys go 2/3 or 6/7 days without checking the sitemail, but everybody sees the coaches corner every day. Yes I can post on my own coaches corner, but it would be nice to post on the other conferences when you have buddies or rivals from those other conferences. Sometims it's important stuff, sometimes it's just small talk, and others it's smack talk, but it would be a nice addition as well.
3. I would also respectively ask that at the end of the season that an Asst Coach recruited player be dropped and the slot be open for a schollie like in Hoops. Over there at the end of a season, a walk on drops of your roster so you can fill his slot the following season with a better player that you recruit yourself.
4/18/2012 12:27 PM
Posted by courtmagic on 4/18/2012 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by courtmagic on 4/16/2012 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Would it be possible to add a couple of minor updates. I'm an "old" veteran at Hoops Dynasty (only my 5th season here) and two things that jump out at me are

1. on the recruting tab, sub tab "summary" you can click the little arrow and add recruits to the compare list, but unlike Hoops where you can just hit the "delete all" button, you have to delete each one individually. I like having both options where if you want to stay in the same catergory you can delete one or 2, but if you want to change catergories (say from RB to WR) you have to delete them all one at a time and with all the players on your roster (50 compared to 12) it gets a little time consuming and tedious when you have to fill so many roster slots and positions. It would be nice if you could add that botton.

2. over in Hoops again, you are able to post messages on other players/coaches/conferences "coaches corner" and here we are not able to. Sometimes it's easier and quicker to send a guy a message by being able to put it on his coaches corner instead of sending him a site mail with the hopes that he remembers to check it. Some guys go 2/3 or 6/7 days without checking the sitemail, but everybody sees the coaches corner every day. Yes I can post on my own coaches corner, but it would be nice to post on the other conferences when you have buddies or rivals from those other conferences. Sometims it's important stuff, sometimes it's just small talk, and others it's smack talk, but it would be a nice addition as well.
3. I would also respectively ask that at the end of the season that an Asst Coach recruited player be dropped and the slot be open for a schollie like in Hoops. Over there at the end of a season, a walk on drops of your roster so you can fill his slot the following season with a better player that you recruit yourself.
Now that sounds like a good idea but I would still like to have an option to keep him or not. I have had walk ons that turned out really good. ( most do not )
4/18/2012 2:33 PM
FYI - the update should occur between 4pm and 5pm today assuming all goes well and depending on when the afternoon world processing ends.  During this time, you might experience problems with the website.
4/18/2012 2:52 PM
What? Problems with this website? No way!
4/18/2012 3:18 PM
The update has been pushed out.  We will keep an eye on the 6pm World processing.  If you have any problems with the website (related to the update), you know where to find me.
4/18/2012 5:01 PM
Thanks Norbert
4/18/2012 5:27 PM
I just rescinded a recruiting action and.....it worked!  haha
4/18/2012 5:52 PM
How do you update your gameplans?? I can't figure out how to spit them.
4/18/2012 6:03 PM
Posted by caesari on 4/18/2012 6:03:00 PM (view original):
How do you update your gameplans?? I can't figure out how to spit them.
You can't actually split them when setting them or saving them, but only the offensive or defensive settings will be used accordingly.  Eventually, they will be split when setting them, but that was a much bigger update than we had time to tackle in this minor update.  So until then, it's easiest to think about if you name your game plans so you can tell what the offensive scheme is and what the defensive scheme is, so you can ignore the defense when setting offensive game plan settings and vice versa on the defensive game plan settings.  For instance, you can set a game plan to heavy passing for offense and maybe set the defense to play against a heavy run team and then name the game plan "HPass / HRun" or something so you can keep it straight.  Then when you set your offensive game plan settings, you know you are picking HPass or heavy passing and for defense you would be selecting HRun or heavy running.  It's probably best to keep the offense and defense similar, like both set up for heavy passing, but it's there for you to use however you want.

After some usage, I think you'll get used to separating offense and defense and appreciate being able to change your game plan settings without having to copy a bunch of game plans back and forth.
4/18/2012 6:12 PM
Thanks norb. Great work, keep it up.
4/18/2012 6:17 PM
Thanks, but I'm officially changing my name to Genghis Kahn.
4/18/2012 6:34 PM
I like every part of the update so far. Seems well thought out, and even though it's a minor update each piece seems very useful. Thanks Norbert!
4/18/2012 6:36 PM
Posted by norbert on 4/18/2012 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Thanks, but I'm officially changing my name to Genghis Kahn.
nah -- change it to Norbert Khan (to avoid confunsion)
4/18/2012 6:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Update: 4/18/12 (UPDATED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.