Update: 4/18/12 (UPDATED) Topic

Genghisbert of the GD horde..... Love it.
4/18/2012 7:00 PM
I love it...
4/18/2012 11:00 PM
Posted by norbert on 4/16/2012 10:27:00 AM (view original):
We have a minor update we have scheduled to push out this Wednesday, April 18th.  It will go out after the afternoon games and world processing.  This is just a few things I wanted to push out before starting on the engine update.

This is what's included:
- Rescind unprocessed recruiting actions.  You can now remove unprocessed recruiting actions and reclaim recruiting money from the recruit's History tab.
- Split Offense and Defense game plan settings.  There is now a duplicate section for setting game plans and one will be for offensive situations and the other for defensive situations, so you can adjust offense and defense separately.  Unfortunately, you still save the offense and defense in tandem in each playbook, but with a little practice it's not as confusing as it sounds.  It would take more time to actually split those out, which I will probably work on with the engine update.  But at least you can now adjust your defensive strategy while keeping your offense the same without having to jump through playbook copying hoops.
- Rest level percentages. It now shows the percentage values for fatigue/rest settings on Depth Chart page, so you know what fatigue level you are setting players for.
- Rush level percentages. Now shows Rush Level as percentage on Depth Chart page. See below for a better explanation.
- Reduction in pick 6 chance on interceptions.  This did not reduce the chance of interceptions and doesn't totally solve the problem, but this was easily adjustable and happened far too often.  We'll have to see if it still happens too much, but toned down the biggest offender (short pass interceptions).
- DIA NC Reward Point minimum.  The DIA National Champion will receive no less than 1650 Reward Points.

For Rush Levels: These are displayed as percentages, but are not true percentages in the sense that they have to add up to 100%.  They are really relative values of which player that is on the field will be most likely to get the carry on a rushing play.  The Rush Percentage does not affect which players will be on the field, as that is controlled by depth charts, rest levels, and the RB Split setting.  Once it decides which players are on the field and decided to run the ball, it randomly picks the ball carrier based on those players' Rush Levels.  A player set at 100% will have an equal chance to be the ball carrier as another player at 100%.  An 80% player will have an equal chance as another 80% player.  A 20% player will have 1/5th the chance to carry as a player at 100%, and so on.  You will notice that the RB slot is locked in at 100% and this is consistent with the current settings, but shown just so you can see the relative values for other players.  This is exactly the same settings and choices you had before, but it now displays a value so you can tell what the difference between "Level 4" and "Level 5" is, for example.
Where is JConte?
4/18/2012 11:23 PM
Dear Genghis,
Nice minor update!   
One very minor question....... If I have a good  FB set to 100% who I'd like to get the majority of carries , how do I lower all the other RBs to get less carries.  I know I couldn't do this before the update anyway but with the percentages faded out at 100% it appears that these can't be adjusted.
I'm guessing if both are at 100% the RB1 and FB1 will get equal carries? 
Excellent work again. Give this man a rise!!  
4/19/2012 5:24 AM
Posted by nigbrunyee on 4/19/2012 5:24:00 AM (view original):
Dear Genghis,
Nice minor update!   
One very minor question....... If I have a good  FB set to 100% who I'd like to get the majority of carries , how do I lower all the other RBs to get less carries.  I know I couldn't do this before the update anyway but with the percentages faded out at 100% it appears that these can't be adjusted.
To add to this...

In the wishbone it appears that the RBs have to have the same percentage of use.  This is probably how it was to begin with, but if the percentages are there, it would be nice to be able to "control" them.
4/19/2012 6:30 AM
RB percentages are currently locked in at 100%.  If they are in the game (you can manipulate that with your depth chart settings), they are expected to carry the ball.  So you are right about the equal carries for your FB set to 100% -- at least equal chance to carry. 
4/19/2012 6:42 AM
Norbert....being able to withdraw recruiting efforts before they take effect is a HUGE plus.  Thank you so much.
4/19/2012 8:02 AM
Posted by mr_automatic on 4/19/2012 6:30:00 AM (view original):
Dear Genghis,
Nice minor update!   
To add to this...

In the wishbone it appears that the RBs have to have the same percentage of use.  This is probably how it was to begin with, but if the percentages are there, it would be nice to be able to "control" them.
I'd like to get some more "fine adjustment" on this as well.    I would not want this to get in the way of the major update items, but this would be very cool
4/19/2012 8:04 AM
Posted by rollinstoned on 4/18/2012 11:23:00 PM (view original):
We have a minor update we have scheduled to push out this Wednesday, April 18th.  It will go out after the afternoon games and world processing.  This is just a few things I wanted to push out before starting on the engine update.

This is what's included:
- Rescind unprocessed recruiting actions.  You can now remove unprocessed recruiting actions and reclaim recruiting money from the recruit's History tab.
- Split Offense and Defense game plan settings.  There is now a duplicate section for setting game plans and one will be for offensive situations and the other for defensive situations, so you can adjust offense and defense separately.  Unfortunately, you still save the offense and defense in tandem in each playbook, but with a little practice it's not as confusing as it sounds.  It would take more time to actually split those out, which I will probably work on with the engine update.  But at least you can now adjust your defensive strategy while keeping your offense the same without having to jump through playbook copying hoops.
- Rest level percentages. It now shows the percentage values for fatigue/rest settings on Depth Chart page, so you know what fatigue level you are setting players for.
- Rush level percentages. Now shows Rush Level as percentage on Depth Chart page. See below for a better explanation.
- Reduction in pick 6 chance on interceptions.  This did not reduce the chance of interceptions and doesn't totally solve the problem, but this was easily adjustable and happened far too often.  We'll have to see if it still happens too much, but toned down the biggest offender (short pass interceptions).
- DIA NC Reward Point minimum.  The DIA National Champion will receive no less than 1650 Reward Points.

For Rush Levels: These are displayed as percentages, but are not true percentages in the sense that they have to add up to 100%.  They are really relative values of which player that is on the field will be most likely to get the carry on a rushing play.  The Rush Percentage does not affect which players will be on the field, as that is controlled by depth charts, rest levels, and the RB Split setting.  Once it decides which players are on the field and decided to run the ball, it randomly picks the ball carrier based on those players' Rush Levels.  A player set at 100% will have an equal chance to be the ball carrier as another player at 100%.  An 80% player will have an equal chance as another 80% player.  A 20% player will have 1/5th the chance to carry as a player at 100%, and so on.  You will notice that the RB slot is locked in at 100% and this is consistent with the current settings, but shown just so you can see the relative values for other players.  This is exactly the same settings and choices you had before, but it now displays a value so you can tell what the difference between "Level 4" and "Level 5" is, for example.
Where is JConte?
burning in hell
4/19/2012 8:17 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 4/19/2012 8:04:00 AM (view original):
Dear Genghis,
Nice minor update!   
To add to this...

I'd like to get some more "fine adjustment" on this as well.    I would not want this to get in the way of the major update items, but this would be very cool
I believe this is already on the list for the major update.
4/19/2012 8:18 AM
Posted by jas_illini on 4/19/2012 8:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 4/19/2012 8:04:00 AM (view original):
Dear Genghis,
Nice minor update!   
To add to this...

I believe this is already on the list for the major update.
Yes, this is correct.  The major update will bring back full control of rush and pass distribution for each formation at the player slot level.  Not exactly a depth chart for each formation, but I think what we add will bring back just about as much control as the old GD settings without as many settings...and probably a little more control in some places.  So for this minor update, I didn't want to spend time changing something that would be changing anyway, but it was pretty easy to expose the values it was using under the hood, so felt like we could at least do that.
4/19/2012 10:28 AM
How much did you reduce the chance of pick 6's?  The reason I ask is that I had 2 against me in the 1st half of my game today.
4/19/2012 11:33 AM
Posted by jas_illini on 4/19/2012 8:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rollinstoned on 4/18/2012 11:23:00 PM (view original):

This is what's included:

Where is JConte?
burning in hell
+1      If there is any GD justice!!!!!!
4/19/2012 12:07 PM
Posted by stingray002 on 4/19/2012 11:33:00 AM (view original):
How much did you reduce the chance of pick 6's?  The reason I ask is that I had 2 against me in the 1st half of my game today.
It was cut roughly about 20%, which is why I said it wasn't a perfect fix, but I didn't want to cut it down too much.  This is another area that will be updated more thoroughly with the engine update.  I really just wanted to pull down the numbers a little, since I won't be able to put out any updates before the engine update is worked on, so within one game it might be tough to notice the change, but overall there will be fewer.
4/19/2012 1:00 PM
Posted by norbert on 4/19/2012 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stingray002 on 4/19/2012 11:33:00 AM (view original):
It was cut roughly about 20%, which is why I said it wasn't a perfect fix, but I didn't want to cut it down too much.  This is another area that will be updated more thoroughly with the engine update.  I really just wanted to pull down the numbers a little, since I won't be able to put out any updates before the engine update is worked on, so within one game it might be tough to notice the change, but overall there will be fewer.
Norbert, when deciding a pick-6, does the engine take into consideration things like the interceptor's SPD, ELU, ATH, etc and the offense's SPD, TKL, etc to see how far his return, or is it simply a 10% chance of every int being returned all the way?  I use 10% as a random example.
4/19/2012 2:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Update: 4/18/12 (UPDATED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.