How many cycles for an accepted schollie offer? Topic

Hey - newb question:

I'm wondering if I got guys green that I want to offer, will they accept right away?  I want to get most of these kids in my last exhibition game to boost their ratings, so I don't want to drag out the process.

If there is a flaw in my logic, please let me know.. :)

JC

4/20/2012 11:18 PM
Assuming signing period has started they accept it the very next cycle
4/20/2012 11:31 PM
If green they will accept the next cycle.  But they will not show up on your roster until recruiting is completely over.  You can schedule that last exhibition game after all freshman report.
4/21/2012 12:27 AM
Signings in Wilkinson start tomorrow (April 21) just after 12 Noon.  If the recruits are green, they'll accept the scholarship, but will not show up on your roster until just after midnight (ET) on April 26.  They'll play in/practice after any exhibition game on the 26th or 27th (they'll report before the exhibition game is played on the 26th).
4/21/2012 12:34 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 4/21/2012 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Signings in Wilkinson start tomorrow (April 21) just after 12 Noon.  If the recruits are green, they'll accept the scholarship, but will not show up on your roster until just after midnight (ET) on April 26.  They'll play in/practice after any exhibition game on the 26th or 27th (they'll report before the exhibition game is played on the 26th).
I didn't realize that and I scheduled my last exhibition game 4/22, and recruiting ends 4/25.  It seems I have much to learn.  :)
4/21/2012 12:58 AM
Posted by jc1796 on 4/21/2012 12:58:00 AM (view original):
I didn't realize that and I scheduled my last exhibition game 4/22, and recruiting ends 4/25.  It seems I have much to learn.  :)
First thing to learn is that the extra exhibition game is pretty overrated. Over the course of a college career basically any impact on the freshman class is negligible.
4/21/2012 9:43 AM
Posted by jtwhiz on 4/21/2012 9:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jc1796 on 4/21/2012 12:58:00 AM (view original):
First thing to learn is that the extra exhibition game is pretty overrated. Over the course of a college career basically any impact on the freshman class is negligible.
And any injuries prior to freshman reporting will be back to 100% once recruiting ends but there is the potential to lose a player for the season if they are injuried in the one game after freshman report.
4/21/2012 10:10 AM
I currently have a wr in Dobie that has been green since recruiting started 4 days ago. Signing started over 24 hrs ago but he has yet to sign. I still have available scholarships so I know that's not the issue. He was offered on day one. Anyone have any thoughts?

BTW, I have stopped actively recruiting him and have focused money on other prospects once he turned green.
4/22/2012 11:24 PM
Posted by madhatter324 on 4/22/2012 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I currently have a wr in Dobie that has been green since recruiting started 4 days ago. Signing started over 24 hrs ago but he has yet to sign. I still have available scholarships so I know that's not the issue. He was offered on day one. Anyone have any thoughts?

BTW, I have stopped actively recruiting him and have focused money on other prospects once he turned green.
When you offered him the scholarship, what was his reply?  Did you have a face-to-face meeting with him (AC scout is all that is needed)?
4/23/2012 8:42 AM
He was thrilled when the scholarship was offered and has had the same response to every contact since. I have not visited with him nor has he had a campus visit. I know I would probably sign him if I did either of those. I'm just wondering if he'll sign anyway.

4/23/2012 10:24 AM
He will 100% not sign with you without a face-to-face contact.....AC Scout, HC Scout, AC Home Visit, HC Home Visit, or Campus Visit.

4/23/2012 11:32 AM
I'll set it up then. Thanks
4/23/2012 12:14 PM
So I ran into a situation where I knew I was going to lose a recruiting battle and decided to go after my backup which I had turned green after the first cycle. I used an AC scout and a phone call/email initially to turn him and check potential. I then sent a scholarship offer to him when I realized I was out of money and falling behind in the battle. After I noticed my blunder, having not had a face-to-face, I was kicking myself for not going after one of the other recruits that I had already visited with, I was down to $2 after the scholie offer. Much to my surprise, he accepted the scholarship without a face-to-faced or CV. I'm sure its an anomaly and I won't intentionally try it again, but it goes to show some inaccuracies with GD and the need to clean it up a bit. I'm not trying to complain, after all I keep purchasing more seasons, but I would like things a little more cut and dry. 

Anyone else experience this pleasant surprise?  
2/3/2013 11:22 AM
Posted by madhatter324 on 2/3/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):
So I ran into a situation where I knew I was going to lose a recruiting battle and decided to go after my backup which I had turned green after the first cycle. I used an AC scout and a phone call/email initially to turn him and check potential. I then sent a scholarship offer to him when I realized I was out of money and falling behind in the battle. After I noticed my blunder, having not had a face-to-face, I was kicking myself for not going after one of the other recruits that I had already visited with, I was down to $2 after the scholie offer. Much to my surprise, he accepted the scholarship without a face-to-faced or CV. I'm sure its an anomaly and I won't intentionally try it again, but it goes to show some inaccuracies with GD and the need to clean it up a bit. I'm not trying to complain, after all I keep purchasing more seasons, but I would like things a little more cut and dry. 

An AC scout is considered face-to-face.
2/3/2013 11:55 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 2/3/2013 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by madhatter324 on 2/3/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):

An AC scout is considered face-to-face.
+1  

and to comment about the overrated two freshmen games thing... I agree 100%  add in the risk of not being able to fill one of the exhibition games and it doesn't really make it something I try to do because the benefit is so minimal.
2/3/2013 10:54 PM
12 Next ▸
How many cycles for an accepted schollie offer? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.