How many bowls are there? Topic

This seems like something that could go in the FAQ as I am constantly forgetting lol. 
5/16/2012 9:02 AM
28, plus the NC game.
5/16/2012 9:06 AM
Dude it is in the FAQ where it outlines the reward points.  There are 28 total bowl games (including the national championship)

Level 1 Invitation -
Hawaii Bowl
Las Vegas Bowl
Fort Worth Bowl
Tangerine Bowl
GMAC Bowl
New Orleans Bow

Level 2 Invitation -
Holiday Bowl
Houston Bowl
Alamo Bowl
Continental Tire Bowl
Insight.com Bowl
Motor City Bowl

Level 3 Invitation -
Emerald Bowl
Independence Bowl
Liberty Bowl
Sun Bowl
Music City Bowl

Level 4 Invitation -
Humanitarian Bowl
Peach Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Gator Bowl
Outback Bowl

Level 5 Invitation -
Rose Bowl
Fiesta Bowl
Orange Bowl
Sugar Bowl

National Champion  

5/16/2012 9:38 AM
The math: 28x2= 56 teams+2 NC teams= 58 teams make bowls. Your welcome. Didn't want you to strain a muscle.
5/16/2012 1:58 PM
There's some pretty thick condescension from BOTH moranis and hyeena.  That seems odd since they gave different answers.
5/16/2012 3:21 PM
Moranis was right... the bowls ARE listed in the FAQ.  Moranis just can't cut and paste worth a damn.  He left off the level 3 Silicon Valley bowl so when he went to count the number of bowls, he got the wrong overall number.  So, Hyeena was also right.

Ultimately, you deserve condescension when you rely on others to do your research for you.
5/16/2012 3:54 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 5/16/2012 3:21:00 PM (view original):
There's some pretty thick condescension from BOTH moranis and hyeena.  That seems odd since they gave different answers.
come on now, the dude said this seems like something that should be in the FAQ and it is in the FAQ.  Just laziness deserving on condescension.  As was pointed out I missed a bowl when I cut and pasted the answer in, so my count was off.  

But I mean come on seriously, claiming something should be in the FAQ that actually is in the FAQ is about as lazy as one can get.
5/16/2012 4:03 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 5/16/2012 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Actually, I (hyeena) was just joking about the muscle straining ;)
5/16/2012 4:16 PM
Ha, well that colors me dumb, I must have scrolled over it without thinking.  To the point about others doing research for someone I guess we don't need 50% of the threads in this forum.  Won't go through to look where condescending gentlemen asked for information, I will just assume they are all knowing gods of some sort.    As you notice in my post I was calling myself out for being forgetful and dumb, didn't need tools to help.  Thanks though, internet forum poster powers away!   
5/16/2012 4:53 PM
Do you need a winning record to be bowl eligible?
10/4/2012 3:31 PM
Generally need 7 wins to be eligible.
10/4/2012 3:32 PM
Thanks.  Have an RPI of 42 but there's no way I'll reach 7 wins with this brutal schedule coming up. Just checking.
10/4/2012 4:03 PM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 10/4/2012 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Generally need 7 wins to be eligible.
However, if there aren't enough 7 win teams, the highest ranked 6 win teams will get in.  Any team that wins its CC gets in, regardless of the number of  wins.
10/4/2012 7:20 PM
I figured that if Mojolad had posted he would have shown the oatmeal bowl and the toilet bowl. 
10/4/2012 11:00 PM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 10/4/2012 11:00:00 PM (view original):
I figured that if Mojolad had posted he would have shown the oatmeal bowl and the toilet bowl. 
     And most important of all is the bowl of my pipe when I become one with Wacky Weed   
10/5/2012 6:02 PM
How many bowls are there? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.