Update Preview: Offensive Formation Sets Topic

Agree with chanp as well.  But seems that his idea uses the player development logic from FC Dynasty, where attributes improve through accumulated playing time, not starts. Future update to include this idea?  Would be good to see.
6/20/2012 6:04 PM
Wow, years after taking it out and everyone telling you (WIS) that it was a mistake....you bring it back. Took you long enough. But Thanks!
6/21/2012 11:39 AM
I wasn't thinking of player development, as much as fulfilling playing time in promises made during recruiting. 
6/21/2012 1:49 PM
can we also get more detail added to the PBP?
ideally it would be cool to see everything that happens on any given play, who beats who, who was blocked, who fell down, who shed the block, who whiffed on the tackle, who broke the tackle, etc.
6/21/2012 10:10 PM
finally i can have top tier producing TE's again.
6/22/2012 12:08 AM
Posted by govolswoo on 6/21/2012 10:10:00 PM (view original):
ideally it would be cool to see everything that happens on any given play, who beats who, who was blocked, who fell down, who shed the block, who whiffed on the tackle, who broke the tackle, etc.
I definitely want to work on the PBP.  I think one of the shortcomings of the GD 2.0 release was that for all of the changes that were made within the engine, you didn't really see them when looking at the game results.  It's very likely that the PBP gets updated during the beta period as there's a lot of work to do on the engine itself, so if I can concentrate on PBP all at once, it would probably be easier.
6/22/2012 10:41 AM
Posted by norbert on 6/22/2012 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by govolswoo on 6/21/2012 10:10:00 PM (view original):
I definitely want to work on the PBP.  I think one of the shortcomings of the GD 2.0 release was that for all of the changes that were made within the engine, you didn't really see them when looking at the game results.  It's very likely that the PBP gets updated during the beta period as there's a lot of work to do on the engine itself, so if I can concentrate on PBP all at once, it would probably be easier.
Good idea.
6/22/2012 11:05 AM
Posted by colinhtucker on 6/20/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Agree with chanp as well.  But seems that his idea uses the player development logic from FC Dynasty, where attributes improve through accumulated playing time, not starts. Future update to include this idea?  Would be good to see.
IMHO the closer we can get to RL the better, in MOST situations. Players improving with more playing time would be one of those situations. I think that would be a fairly big improvement. Any chance in this being part of the update?
6/22/2012 11:57 AM
Posted by coach_billyb on 6/22/2012 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colinhtucker on 6/20/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
IMHO the closer we can get to RL the better, in MOST situations. Players improving with more playing time would be one of those situations. I think that would be a fairly big improvement. Any chance in this being part of the update?
This is a real good idea as long as we can rotate players better.
6/22/2012 1:32 PM
I don't plan on doing anything with player development in this update.  I would rather spend the time to review all of player development than try to fit anything in for this update.
6/22/2012 1:33 PM
Norbert, Something that would be nice to add into the update is no limit on the amount of games into a season a player could be redshirted as long as he hasn't played in  a game. It doesn't make sense why you can't redshirt players after a certain number of games. I'm sure it makes sense from GD's perspective they want your money and they want it now lol not a week from now....
6/22/2012 7:20 PM
AWESOME!!!!!
6/23/2012 6:49 PM
It's clear there's alot of people with a whole bunch more time to invest in this game then I may have...Hopefully it's no more than a few extra minutes a day in game planning
10/5/2012 3:50 PM
Posted by kkolesar on 10/5/2012 3:50:00 PM (view original):
It's clear there's alot of people with a whole bunch more time to invest in this game then I may have...Hopefully it's no more than a few extra minutes a day in game planning
Once you have it set. It is set unless you want to change some thing.
10/29/2012 3:58 AM
Sounds great Norbert. We all know you are working hard to make improvements. I think quite a few veteran coaches have been bummed for awhile but we are sticking around because you've been very good at listening to suggestions and have been exponentially easier to work with than the previous regime. Thanks for the continued improvements. Your proposed changes sound really good!
10/30/2012 7:34 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Update Preview: Offensive Formation Sets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.