Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 7:11:00 PM (view original):
You guys realize you pay this site to play this game right?

From the way this thread sounds it's almost like he's doing us a favor by actually doing his job.

+ million.  I'm glad someone posted what I was thinking.  Clapping like seals.
10/2/2012 8:12 PM
You guys got it wrong. Fox Sports is doing us a favor by giving us a developer.
10/2/2012 8:25 PM
Norbert, thanks much for the update as well as the hard work. It's appreciated by the majority I can assure you!
10/2/2012 8:55 PM
Posted by badaxe on 10/2/2012 8:25:00 PM (view original):
You guys got it wrong. Fox Sports is doing us a favor by giving us a developer.
This. If you think that this is usually his main priority, I don't know if you understand the full spectrum of things he worked on. Honesly, when JConte left, I assumed they wouldn't replace him.
10/2/2012 8:59 PM
But did jconte really leave? Some think he still lurks in the shadows of WiS.
10/2/2012 9:04 PM
Okay guy's, you want the truth. Here it is. Caesari is really jconte and hyeena is norbert! And that's the rest of the story!
10/2/2012 9:09 PM
Why do I have to be the only disgraced computer game developer in the history of ever?
10/2/2012 9:16 PM
I know it...damn you Caesari.
10/2/2012 9:16 PM

From the way this thread sounds it's almost like he's doing us a favor by actually doing his job.

Is there something wrong with telling a guy good job?
10/2/2012 9:22 PM
Posted by teamville on 10/2/2012 9:22:00 PM (view original):

No, but if your business sold a pile of **** to customers and the customers were like, "oh wow really enjoyed the texture of my **** this time!" or "GREAT smell on that deuce!" then why would the business ever sell anything of value?

10/2/2012 9:53 PM
So when he doesn't communicate with us, he's done run off with our money cackling into the night.  But when he does communicate with us, he's just fishing for compliments?
10/2/2012 9:57 PM
Posted by cydrych on 10/2/2012 9:57:00 PM (view original):
So when he doesn't communicate with us, he's done run off with our money cackling into the night.  But when he does communicate with us, he's just fishing for compliments?
It's not a commentary on his behavior, but on how expectations (or complete lack thereof) of customers is what allows WIS to consider GD an afterthought in terms of resources.

It's a positive thing that there is an actual developer working part-time on the game (as badaxe said) and it's a positive thing there's communication.  I just don't understand how the replies in this thread can be celebrating a couple of paragraphs as if we finally have a great finished product.  You guys do know that this will not be released for at least 6 months, right?

10/2/2012 10:03 PM
Posted by teamville on 10/2/2012 9:22:00 PM (view original):

I know my clients tell me "Good Job" all the time, especially when I don't finish anything

/sarcasm
10/2/2012 10:22 PM
Cyd, c'mon, neither A or B.  It's the business and the customer response that's ridiculous.

WIS, the business, hyped 2.0, and rolled it out to paying customers, seemingly, without Beta testing.  Maybe they did but it sure doesn't seem like it was appropriately tested.  By most accounts, 2.0 was a train wreck.  One with a defectively built train carrying lots of paying customers.  Sorry about the damage folks but those tickets---non-refundable. 

In the 1 or 2 years (?) since 2.0, we've learned little gems like---oh, formation (?) practice, not turned on.  The draft thing, busted, we're shutting it down.  I'm sure if I spent the time to look, there may or may not be other similar representations about the game.  I would love to see Conte's post I recall summarizing the anatomy of a play or something like that.  If there were someone with the time and talent, I would be curious whether or not any business practices/representations ran afoul of any consumer protection laws.  

And then the "fix."  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's 3.0.  Arriving in August.sometime in the future.  WIS:  So stay in those train seats folks, the mechanic is working as we speak.  And hold those spots.  Yes, you in the back, the seats do cost the same.  Yes, the reward miles are less.  Yes, we're not moving forward.  And, yes, we're still screeching along in the same busted train.  But we're going build a new one, I promise.  Until then keep paying us money, god bless and good night.  And then the round of atta' boys and thunderous applause from the customers. 

That, in a nutshell, is the truly amazing part.  Quite frankly, I am a little embarrased that I still have teams.  I just keep a sliver of grace by not saying, "thank you, thank you, thank you" while being on the receiving end of a tea bag.  Just saying.   

10/2/2012 11:48 PM
Posted by potter444 on 10/2/2012 11:49:00 PM (view original):
Cyd, c'mon, neither A or B.  It's the business and the customer response that's ridiculous.

WIS, the business, hyped 2.0, and rolled it out to paying customers, seemingly, without Beta testing.  Maybe they did but it sure doesn't seem like it was appropriately tested.  By most accounts, 2.0 was a train wreck.  One with a defectively built train carrying lots of paying customers.  Sorry about the damage folks but those tickets---non-refundable. 

In the 1 or 2 years (?) since 2.0, we've learned little gems like---oh, formation (?) practice, not turned on.  The draft thing, busted, we're shutting it down.  I'm sure if I spent the time to look, there may or may not be other similar representations about the game.  I would love to see Conte's post I recall summarizing the anatomy of a play or something like that.  If there were someone with the time and talent, I would be curious whether or not any business practices/representations ran afoul of any consumer protection laws.  

And then the "fix."  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's 3.0.  Arriving in August.sometime in the future.  WIS:  So stay in those train seats folks, the mechanic is working as we speak.  And hold those spots.  Yes, you in the back, the seats do cost the same.  Yes, the reward miles are less.  Yes, we're not moving forward.  And, yes, we're still screeching along in the same busted train.  But we're going build a new one, I promise.  Until then keep paying us money, god bless and good night.  And then the round of atta' boys and thunderous applause from the customers. 

That, in a nutshell, is the truly amazing part.  Quite frankly, I am a little embarrased that I still have teams.  I just keep a sliver of grace by not saying, "thank you, thank you, thank you" while being on the receiving end of a tea bag.  Just saying.   

A very concise history of GD 2.0, and the WIS response--completely agree.

...and it is exactly why we need to be so appreciative of Norbert's efforts.  Doubtless, he is the game's savoir, and by the shining light of his sacrifice, all of our coaching careers will be born again!  Hallelujah!!!  Thank you, Norbert, my personal pretend-computer-football Jesus!  I feel better already....blinded by irrational hope, and I'm sure that is what all of this is really about.
10/3/2012 12:40 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.