the kill switch (or black list) Topic

Admittedly, I'm a conspiracy theorist.

I think a "kill" switch/list exists somewhere in the administration area of the game.

I have openly bashed both developers on the message boards (mostly because I am a developer myself and didn't believe most of the b.s.).  Most of those posts were deleted by the developers.

My regular season record: 316-73, playing in the #1 conference. Multiple cc's, several undefeated seasons of conference play, wins over the best teams in the world.

Playoff record: 14-25.

I have tried EVERYTHING possible in the playoffs. Yet I routinely lose to inferior teams that I would have crushed during the regular season. I have tweaked my gameplan, left it alone, changed it entirely, etc etc etc. I have had other coaches that have won NC's look at my game plans and they have no idea why my team suddenly sucks and only in the playoffs.

Am I the only one that thinks such a feature exists?

10/3/2012 3:12 PM
yes
10/3/2012 3:33 PM
So you openly admit that you don't respect the developers but you think they are good enough to develop a system that can and will thwart you but only in the playoffs? 

Sure its possible, but isn't it more likely that they just faked the moon landing at a studio in New Mexico?
10/3/2012 3:38 PM
Posted by cydrych on 10/3/2012 3:38:00 PM (view original):
So you openly admit that you don't respect the developers but you think they are good enough to develop a system that can and will thwart you but only in the playoffs? 

Sure its possible, but isn't it more likely that they just faked the moon landing at a studio in New Mexico?
  You mean that was REAL ! ?
10/3/2012 4:21 PM
Have you actually played a team you beat in the regular season and then lost to in the playoffs?  It could be that most teams are on auto-pilot in the regular season and then for the playoffs the coach will gameplan for the games.  I know in the past there have been multiple coaches including myself that ran their teams that way because they have too many teams to gameplan for every regular season game. 

Also, even though you possibly see a huge talent gap, maybe those coaches you played found your week spot and used it against you.  I have seen talented teams with 6 DBs get into the playoffs only to get destroyed by a passing team because a lack of depth. 
10/3/2012 4:39 PM (edited)
Posted by mal247 on 10/3/2012 3:12:00 PM (view original):

I think a "kill" switch/list exists somewhere in the administration area of the game.

I have openly bashed both developers on the message boards (mostly because I am a developer myself and didn't believe most of the b.s.).  Most of those posts were deleted by the developers.

My regular season record: 316-73, playing in the #1 conference. Multiple cc's, several undefeated seasons of conference play, wins over the best teams in the world.

I have tried EVERYTHING possible in the playoffs. Yet I routinely lose to inferior teams that I would have crushed during the regular season. I have tweaked my gameplan, left it alone, changed it entirely, etc etc etc. I have had other coaches that have won NC's look at my game plans and they have no idea why my team suddenly sucks and only in the playoffs.

I'll take some heat off of you here mal.  I can usually predict bad losses.  Every time I say something about WIS or Norbert/Conte I get a so called "upset".   When I'm quiet, I get the great season and then get beat in the POs by lower ranked teams.  The way it happens is usually screwy too.  I once had an Int, returned for a TD then EP with under 3.mins left and a 22 point lead.  Followed by an onside kick, a 40 something TD pass with a 2 point conv .  Another onside kick loss, a 40+ yard pass TD and another 2 pt conv.  Lost the game by 1.  That was one of the worst I encountered but not the only one.  It happens year after year.  I can hold a team in the POs to no points for 3 quarters and then give up 28 in the last 10 mins of the game.  I have had a QB wo threw 3 Ints all season throw 6 in the POs.  My steller defenses that shut everybody down look like they have the flu.  I think you are 100% right.  My appearance on this post should take a lot of heat off of you. The trolls will be stampeding now. 
10/3/2012 5:05 PM
My fantasy football team, "Grindi's Angels" is 4-0. I'm planning on going undefeated and bringing pride to your name
10/3/2012 5:30 PM
Personally, I don't believe any of that exists.  I do understand there are some weird things that happen, but this whole game has weird things happen.  
10/3/2012 7:43 PM
I'm gonna have to agree here. Like grindi said about his teams I can back him up because when we were at Western St in Yost not only with my account but with the cocoach account with grindi (sprdthefield) we got screwed many of times. Anyone that has played in Yost knows that WSCC and Valdosta is the two best teams in that world and has been for many many season, even though the NCs doesnt show it. There have been many seasons my defense at WSCC gave up 6 points per game throughout the whole season and then give up 35 to a team that averaged 17 points per game. Is it just randomness? Who know but it surely sucks when you know your team is all around the best and you lose to some cup cake in the playoffs. You dont have to agree with me on this and I really dont care if you do but WSCC was a monster when I had them and it still is a great team now. I had them under gino and sprdthefield accounts and with the gino account I went 241-35 in 16 seasons with multiple (4) NC appearances but only winning once. I leave and the guy that takes over makes it to the NC game and wins one (the season after I leave) then a few seasons later grindi and I join up with the sprdthefield account and took over WSCC and went 124-8 in 8 seasons winning the NC once, the next two seasons after we leave the guy that took over lost both times in the NC game. So what I'm saying here is with a dynasty like I had there is no reason I should have only 1 NC in those 16 seasons. I think there is a lights out on this game and I think that they can control the outcome of games. I **** jconte off he screws with my team, I kiss his *** he gives me 69 NCs. Take it how you want. 
10/3/2012 9:35 PM
I'm sorry guys, and I do feel for ya.  However, the Atlanta Braves "should" have won 7 World Series titles during the 90s and early 2000's.  However, they didnt.

Earlier today, I might have agreed with you....here is the scenario.  I bought another 10pack 2 days ago.  My D3 team in Wilkinson then made it to the semifinals for the first time, then won the semifinal game....and this morning, I was leading 24-10 at the half in the NC game.  I'm thinking....wow, there is a connection to my purchase of another 10pack and my team winning a NC game.....  However, a slightly 'inferior" team came alive in 2H and he whooped me.  (no offense coach...just making a point here).

So, I did not win the NC after buying another 10pack...so now I don't believe there is any connection.    WIS simply does not have enough time or resources to spend on singling out any of us to win or lose any games.  It does not make money for them to do so.
10/3/2012 10:05 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 10/3/2012 10:05:00 PM (view original):
I'm sorry guys, and I do feel for ya.  However, the Atlanta Braves "should" have won 7 World Series titles during the 90s and early 2000's.  However, they didnt.

Earlier today, I might have agreed with you....here is the scenario.  I bought another 10pack 2 days ago.  My D3 team in Wilkinson then made it to the semifinals for the first time, then won the semifinal game....and this morning, I was leading 24-10 at the half in the NC game.  I'm thinking....wow, there is a connection to my purchase of another 10pack and my team winning a NC game.....  However, a slightly 'inferior" team came alive in 2H and he whooped me.  (no offense coach...just making a point here).

So, I did not win the NC after buying another 10pack...so now I don't believe there is any connection.    WIS simply does not have enough time or resources to spend on singling out any of us to win or lose any games.  It does not make money for them to do so.
I'm not saying I should have won a SINGLE NC. What I'm saying is how is it possible for an extremely talented team (routine top 10 GUESS ratings, etc)  to have an .800 winning percentage in the regular season (against mostly human opponents, in the #1 rated conference), finish #1 or #2 every season in SOS, yet have a .375 winning % in the playoffs? something doesn't add up.
10/3/2012 10:25 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 10/3/2012 10:05:00 PM (view original):

The thing is they suckered you in. You were winning and doing well then purchased a 10 pack and BAM!!!! Your better then opponent team loses after a big 2nd half comeback in the NC game. I bet that guy was on his last season and just bought him a 10 pack today, after he won the NC.
10/3/2012 11:00 PM
Posted by mal247 on 10/3/2012 3:12:00 PM (view original):

You are not alone. 
10/4/2012 1:56 AM
I wish they had a kill switch for forum threads
10/4/2012 2:57 AM
Posted by potter444 on 10/4/2012 2:57:00 AM (view original):
I wish they had a kill switch for forum threads
I think I love you, potter.
10/4/2012 9:28 AM
12 Next ▸
the kill switch (or black list) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.