GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Posted by dublinuf on 11/16/2012 10:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stevedotdec on 11/15/2012 10:28:00 PM (view original):
P.S.  I reached out to you this game dubs, you just didn't seem very interested in aligning!  Ah well...
Ah yes, well, the problem is that you were aligned with mojo.

If you guys don't know this, and I think most of you do, apple_butter is my best friend's little sister. She was aligned with mojo last game and felt he hung her out to dry.

Not sure if that was true, as I was long gone by that point, but it is what I had in the back of my mind when the two of you approached me. Of course, April hasn't played GD since before she went to law school at Vandy and she's done with that and is a practicing lawyer now, so, other than all-stars, she hasn't been around at all on this site.
I kept her in the game as long as I could.  Many times I battled to keep her from being voted out.
11/19/2012 12:30 PM
Posted by mr_mojo on 11/19/2012 12:30:00 PM (view original):
P.S.  I reached out to you this game dubs, you just didn't seem very interested in aligning!  Ah well...

If you guys don't know this, and I think most of you do, apple_butter is my best friend's little sister. She was aligned with mojo last game and felt he hung her out to dry.

Not sure if that was true, as I was long gone by that point, but it is what I had in the back of my mind when the two of you approached me. Of course, April hasn't played GD since before she went to law school at Vandy and she's done with that and is a practicing lawyer now, so, other than all-stars, she hasn't been around at all on this site.
I kept her in the game as long as I could.  Many times I battled to keep her from being voted out.
I suspected as much, personally, mojo. I don't think she really invested in that game like the first time she played. She was three years removed from the community.

That said, she did bring it up several times over the Holidays when I was hanging out with her brother at her parents' house. So, it was in the back of my head.
11/19/2012 4:33 PM
Challenge 12:  Interleague Fantasy Basketball

For this challenge, both tribes are going to send me 10 players whom you would like to draft for your fantasy Basketball team Tuesday night.  You can choose from 6 NBA teams playing AND 8 College Basketball teams playing.

Each tribe will be starting 5 of those 10 players Tuesday night.

The teams you can choose from are :

The 6 NBA Teams (Toronto, Philidelphia, New York, New Orleans, Brooklyn, LA Lakers) and the NCAA Games in which a top 25 team is playing (Savannah ST, Florida, Campbell, Cincinatti, Boise ST, Michigan ST, Longwood, Creighton)

The draft will work like this... The VICTORS, who picked the winning teams from Sunday will get the first player they selected on their list.  The DEFEATED will then get their next two on their draft list (not picked from the victors).  The victors will then get their next two..   The Defeated Their next two - The Victors then their last playerS, and the Defeated their next on the list.

Only your draft board will matter.  You could be starting 5 Guards, 5 Centers...   But here is how scoring works:

There will be 5 categories - Assists, Points, Rebounds, Blocks, and 3Pointers.

I will add your 5 players up for each category.  Whatever Tribe's leading 5 players leads in "Assists" will win that category.  Whoever wins the most categories wins.

TB1:  Total score of Brooklyn / LA Tomorrow night
TB2:  Points for Kobe
TB3:  Order Received.
11/20/2012 5:47 PM (edited)
Posted by dublinuf on 11/19/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mr_mojo on 11/19/2012 12:30:00 PM (view original):

I suspected as much, personally, mojo. I don't think she really invested in that game like the first time she played. She was three years removed from the community.

That said, she did bring it up several times over the Holidays when I was hanging out with her brother at her parents' house. So, it was in the back of my head.
The bad part was our original numbers were cut down and some of the others talked too much. What do you do?
11/19/2012 7:09 PM

What time are picks due tomorrow? 5PM?    I never had to pay attention to it before, but since being named Captain Defeated, these details are now important lol.

11/20/2012 12:00 AM
Posted by jhard70 on 11/20/2012 12:00:00 AM (view original):

What time are picks due tomorrow? 5PM?    I never had to pay attention to it before, but since being named Captain Defeated, these details are now important lol.

Yep... 5PM first game is at 6PM
11/20/2012 9:21 AM
So I have to know something.  Is there some kind of shortcut that I have been missing all these years when sending out a mass sitemail.  Cuz I can't believe that somebody would want to go back EVERY SINGLE time and retype everyone's name.    You know what I'm talking about

CC: ALL

CC: csudak; nyaggie98; psap

?????????????????

11/20/2012 3:04 PM
Posted by Arfy on 11/20/2012 3:04:00 PM (view original):
So I have to know something.  Is there some kind of shortcut that I have been missing all these years when sending out a mass sitemail.  Cuz I can't believe that somebody would want to go back EVERY SINGLE time and retype everyone's name.    You know what I'm talking about

CC: ALL

CC: csudak; nyaggie98; psap

?????????????????

cut / paste

but if hunt and peck works best for you.....

11/20/2012 3:50 PM
I don't think so. You just type the names of who you're sending it to so you know who to click on in your saved contacts. Unless I'm missing it to.
11/20/2012 3:53 PM
Pola? Can we pick from the UNC game? They play tonight also...
11/20/2012 5:01 PM
Posted by tsut30 on 11/20/2012 5:01:00 PM (view original):
Pola? Can we pick from the UNC game? They play tonight also...
Just the teams that I listed...
11/20/2012 5:16 PM
Draft Results:
  VICTORS   DEFEATED
1 CARMELO ANTHONY (NY)              DWIGHT HOWARD (LAL)
2 KOBE BRYANT (LAL)   CARMELO ANTHONY (NY)
3 R ANDERSON (NOR)   ANTHONY DAVIS (NOR)
4 D WILLIAMS (BKN)   KOBE BRYANT (LAL)
5 JRUE HOLIDAY (PHI)   JRUE HOLIDAY (PHI)
6 DEROZAN (TOR)   BROOK LOPEZ (BKN)
7 JOE JOHNSON (BKN)   PAU GASOL (LAL)
8 FELTON (NY)   M KESSENS (LONGWOOD)
9 CALDERON (TOR)   R ANDERSON (NOR)
10 KILPATRICK (CINCY)   D WILLIAMS (BKN)

Which makes the teams:

VICTORS      ***      PTS      RB       BLK      3PR
C ANTHONY (NY)                    
K BRYANT (LAL)                    
R ANDERSON (NOR)                    
D WILLIAMS (BKN)                    
DEROZAN (TOR)                    

TB1:  213                    

DEFEATED      ***      PTS      RB       BLK      3PR
D HOWARD (LAL)                    
A DAVIS (NOR)                    
J HOLIDAY (PHI)                    
B LOPEZ (BRK)                    
P GASOL (LAL)                    

TB2:  196                    
11/20/2012 5:44 PM
I just have everyone's contact in my saved contacts, then check the box and click add
11/20/2012 8:05 PM

Through the early games and one half to go in the Lakers game.....

***   PTS   RB   BLK   3PR
C ANTHONY (NY)   4   29   6   0   2
K BRYANT (LAL)   3   11   3   0   1
R ANDERSON (NOR)   1   15   8   0   3
D WILLIAMS (BKN)   6   18   2   0   3
DEROZAN (TOR)   0   24   4   0   1
  TOT: 14   97   23   0   10
TB1: 213                    

DEFEATED   ***   PTS   RB   BLK   3PR
D HOWARD (LAL)   2   17   9   3   1
A DAVIS (NOR)   0   0   0   0   0
J HOLIDAY (PHI)   12   19   8   0   1
B LOPEZ (BRK)   2   19   3   0   0
P GASOL (LAL)   5   12   7   0   0
  TOT: 21   67   27   3   2

(Italics are still playing with one half to go).... 

Without a barrage of 3 Pointers from Howard, Lopez, and Gasol in the second,  I would say the Victors have that one.

Kobe and Williams need at least 3 blocks MORE than Gasol, Lopez, and Howard, otherwise that will be the Defeated's category

Points looks good for the Victors at this point...

I'd GUESS that Rebounds were going to Defeated...

I think a barrage of assists by Bryant and Williams is going to be the deciding factor...  or not... for the Victors to pull this off (even with Davis not playing)

11/21/2012 12:10 AM (edited)
Looks like we snuck the category we intended to punt assists to go with our plan of winning boards and blocks. Good to sneak one out.
11/21/2012 3:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...49|50|51|52|53...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.