GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Cause at that point I was still feeling good about our relationship and I didn't really trust sjurat.  It wasn't til a few votes later when I decided to make the move on you.

Plus, I thought you were in possession of the idol and was trying to flush it out.

What would ever make you think I had an idol? 
A little reading between the lines of ghutton's sitemails.
1/2/2013 10:26 PM
You got that arfy had it based on earlier sitemails? Funny thing was that when I sent you those, I still had it but didn't want anyone to know. It was after that when I gave it to him.
1/2/2013 10:33 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 10:33:00 PM (view original):
You got that arfy had it based on earlier sitemails? Funny thing was that when I sent you those, I still had it but didn't want anyone to know. It was after that when I gave it to him.
Your right, I was thinking of the nyaggie vote, not the caesari vote in terms of him having the idol. I thought it was him or dubs at that point.
1/2/2013 10:41 PM
Tyson, can you posts the results of the aggie vote on 12/10.  I was curious about that vote when it happened, that was the vote that ended me and arfy relationship's as the votes made me realize arfy had to be in with part of the "big 4".
1/2/2013 10:53 PM
Also, arfy you may be able to answer this, on the vote you got elimated, you had 3 votes, dubs had 3 and horvie had 2, but jhard didn't vote.  Who was jhard suppose to vote for, since you and him were so tight?  If he was suppose to vote horvie, I wonder how that tiebreaker vote would have gone.

The only reason we got the votes to eliminate you on the revote was that horvie realized you screwed him and I think trevnasty came with me tsut and sjurat, as ghutton said he wouldn't vote for you.

Jhard and ghutton would have worked hard to get trevnasty to vote with them.  Me, tsut and sjurat would have voted together, but if push came to shove someone might have flipped to avoid a fire building challenge.

Interesting to think about.

1/2/2013 11:00 PM
Jhard wasn't supposed to vote. He wouldn't vote for anyone in our alliance.
1/2/2013 11:08 PM
I tried to send him a message to vote for dubs when I realized arfy could be in trouble but he had a work issue that prevented him from getting my sitemail.
1/2/2013 11:10 PM
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 1/2/2013 10:02:00 PM (view original):
But see, jhard never screwed me. ghutton did so more than horvie, but not by any egregious manner. Your decision to say yes to everything means that you also have to screw everyone you don't take to the Final Three.

I think if you ask anyone in the game, they would have voted for one of those two over you in the Final 2.

I, personally, would have considered throwing the Final 3 challenge with you and sjurat in hopes that either of you would have taken me. Because I thought the only one I could beat in the Final 2 was you.
Yeah but the plan was for jhard and ghutton to screw over his tribe as well. 

Besides, I would have voted for csudak as the winner over just about everyone and he screwed over me.  I can understand the difference between a game and getting my feelers hurt.

It just depends on how you see the game.  Apparently you want someone to win that just follows suit and doesn't actually play the game.  Just gets lucky and happens to be there at the end.  Me, I want someone that takes chances and takes control over their own desitny.  And this is also the reason I'm not going to play survivor anymore.  Because no one wants to play a game.
Good heavens! Did I really waste the last 30 minutes of my life going through the last 10+ pages of this? LOL! Actually, it was a pretty interesting read, but the one thing Arfy says sticks out to me- it is a game and should be treated as such. Who cares if you have to lie or backstab a bit? Do any of you guys really think that person is actually that way in real life? This is not real life, it is just a GAME and I personally think one should play it however one wants to.....if you want to use your integrity and honesty then good for you and if you want to lie and backstab then go for it as well.
Arfy making a ton of "alliances" is a great plan and he can be involved in lots of the action. The stevedotdead fake was a very creative move by psap and I thought golfpro had a fantastic idea to gleam information from other players by creating a fake polabonez account.
Sorry I missed this one, I will try to watch for the next version.
1/2/2013 11:45 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):
But see, jhard never screwed me. ghutton did so more than horvie, but not by any egregious manner. Your decision to say yes to everything means that you also have to screw everyone you don't take to the Final Three.

I think if you ask anyone in the game, they would have voted for one of those two over you in the Final 2.

I, personally, would have considered throwing the Final 3 challenge with you and sjurat in hopes that either of you would have taken me. Because I thought the only one I could beat in the Final 2 was you.
I just want to point out that horvie voted for you more than I did. Not that it means he screwed you over more, but I think your confusing the fact. Just because it was my idea doesn't mean that it was just me. I planted the seed and the others agreed and wanted you out. I actually was the one to convince them to change their vote to keep you over bob when there was a tie after they wanted to break our original promise to you. So I actually screwed you one less time than horvie. :)
Yeah, he did, but I was siding with you and jhard against horvie and trevnasty

And you knew that. 

So, the fact that the guy on the side of that split I chose was directing the three new players was more of my point.

I will say that you lost my vote when I knew that it was you that championed voting out stalagna. 

It may be the right strategical move, but I was the one that gave you the numbers, and you betrayed what I did for you one vote later.

Strategy may be valid, but it lost you a vote and you lost by one vote.
1/3/2013 12:14 AM
Posted by da_goat on 1/2/2013 11:45:00 PM (view original):

Besides, I would have voted for csudak as the winner over just about everyone and he screwed over me.  I can understand the difference between a game and getting my feelers hurt.

It just depends on how you see the game.  Apparently you want someone to win that just follows suit and doesn't actually play the game.  Just gets lucky and happens to be there at the end.  Me, I want someone that takes chances and takes control over their own desitny.  And this is also the reason I'm not going to play survivor anymore.  Because no one wants to play a game.
Good heavens! Did I really waste the last 30 minutes of my life going through the last 10+ pages of this? LOL! Actually, it was a pretty interesting read, but the one thing Arfy says sticks out to me- it is a game and should be treated as such. Who cares if you have to lie or backstab a bit? Do any of you guys really think that person is actually that way in real life? This is not real life, it is just a GAME and I personally think one should play it however one wants to.....if you want to use your integrity and honesty then good for you and if you want to lie and backstab then go for it as well.
Arfy making a ton of "alliances" is a great plan and he can be involved in lots of the action. The stevedotdead fake was a very creative move by psap and I thought golfpro had a fantastic idea to gleam information from other players by creating a fake polabonez account.
The game of Survivor is set up to be a series of balances. You have to screw enough people to get to the Final 2, but not so many that you have too many people on the jury that you screwed over compared to who you are with.

This is why I voted for horvie.

Yes, ghutton did a lot of the heavy lifting for his alliance, but then he tried to have it both ways by not wanting to get someone in the Final Two with as much blood on his hands as he had.

He ended up next to someone who had less enemies on the jury he built.

I, personally, feel no ill will toward any of the players, even Arfy lol.

I harken back to my favorite season of this game that I ran. The one that polabonez and bellatrix played together. They got all the way to the Finals by getting everyone to hate Emma while Tyson made big moves. In the end, they were smart enough to sit by each other, because there was no way that either of them were going to win against someone else.

This was a great season, though.
1/3/2013 12:22 AM
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Also, arfy you may be able to answer this, on the vote you got elimated, you had 3 votes, dubs had 3 and horvie had 2, but jhard didn't vote.  Who was jhard suppose to vote for, since you and him were so tight?  If he was suppose to vote horvie, I wonder how that tiebreaker vote would have gone.

The only reason we got the votes to eliminate you on the revote was that horvie realized you screwed him and I think trevnasty came with me tsut and sjurat, as ghutton said he wouldn't vote for you.

Jhard and ghutton would have worked hard to get trevnasty to vote with them.  Me, tsut and sjurat would have voted together, but if push came to shove someone might have flipped to avoid a fire building challenge.

Interesting to think about.

Jhard didn't vote that time because he didn't want to vote me, and he didn't want to vote against horvie and trev.. 

If you don't believe we were so tight, I'll prove it.  He'll post a message!

1/3/2013 12:26 AM
Arfy is what all women dream about.
1/3/2013 12:26 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/2/2013 8:19:00 PM (view original):
As I told Casey in sitemail before the final elimination, he would have had my vote in the final 2, just for outlasting so many with the odds stacked against him.  And I half expected horvie to bring Casey to the final two, because that should have guaranteed him three votes of the nine (his old allies), thereby just needing to pick up two more for the win.

Golfpro's fake polabonz account was a genius move, but the odds were already against him by that time.  He had no chance.  
I don't think I would have gotten the 3 alliance votes if I brought Casey to the final 2.  Ghutton mentioned many times about how he wanted to win...so if I took Casey, I think he might have voted for Casey.  If Ghutton won the final 3 challenge and took Casey, I probably would have voted for Casey.  Jhard sacrificed himself for the alliance in the final 4 vote...and trevnasty always made comments that he just wanted one of us 4 to be the winner, so I'm not sure that either of them would have given me their vote. 

1/3/2013 12:27 AM
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Tyson, can you posts the results of the aggie vote on 12/10.  I was curious about that vote when it happened, that was the vote that ended me and arfy relationship's as the votes made me realize arfy had to be in with part of the "big 4".
How would this make you realize it?  We had no one else to vote off?
1/3/2013 12:27 AM
Posted by da_goat on 1/2/2013 11:45:00 PM (view original):

Thanks da goat.  I agree with 100% of what you just said.
1/3/2013 12:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...98|99|100|101|102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.