GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Just posted sign ups for a new less votey game for the down time until March.
1/3/2013 12:29 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/3/2013 12:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 1/2/2013 10:02:00 PM (view original):
But see, jhard never screwed me. ghutton did so more than horvie, but not by any egregious manner. Your decision to say yes to everything means that you also have to screw everyone you don't take to the Final Three.

I think if you ask anyone in the game, they would have voted for one of those two over you in the Final 2.

I, personally, would have considered throwing the Final 3 challenge with you and sjurat in hopes that either of you would have taken me. Because I thought the only one I could beat in the Final 2 was you.
I just want to point out that horvie voted for you more than I did. Not that it means he screwed you over more, but I think your confusing the fact. Just because it was my idea doesn't mean that it was just me. I planted the seed and the others agreed and wanted you out. I actually was the one to convince them to change their vote to keep you over bob when there was a tie after they wanted to break our original promise to you. So I actually screwed you one less time than horvie. :)
Yeah, he did, but I was siding with you and jhard against horvie and trevnasty

And you knew that. 

So, the fact that the guy on the side of that split I chose was directing the three new players was more of my point.

I will say that you lost my vote when I knew that it was you that championed voting out stalagna. 

It may be the right strategical move, but I was the one that gave you the numbers, and you betrayed what I did for you one vote later.

Strategy may be valid, but it lost you a vote and you lost by one vote.
Yeah, but how can you determine what everyone is going to use to decide to vote?

Casey led the charge for me, and I would have voted for him to win?  Different minds think differently.

1/3/2013 12:31 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/3/2013 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Tyson, can you posts the results of the aggie vote on 12/10.  I was curious about that vote when it happened, that was the vote that ended me and arfy relationship's as the votes made me realize arfy had to be in with part of the "big 4".
How would this make you realize it?  We had no one else to vote off?
Because you didn't vote against the Big 4 in that vote. Had they voted you out instead of caesari in their last vote, I likely would have voted with sjurat and that tribe and it would have be 6-4 against trevnasty, I suspect.

The original talk was for trevnasty from one side and sjurat from the other. The I switched the target to nyaggie from sjurat to protect sjurat. In the end, nyaggie and Casey voted with ghutton against  sjurat. sjurat voted for trev, and the rest of us voted for nyaggie, including you, which meant you and I were with the Big 4 at that point.
1/3/2013 12:33 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/3/2013 12:31:00 AM (view original):
But see, jhard never screwed me. ghutton did so more than horvie, but not by any egregious manner. Your decision to say yes to everything means that you also have to screw everyone you don't take to the Final Three.

I think if you ask anyone in the game, they would have voted for one of those two over you in the Final 2.

I, personally, would have considered throwing the Final 3 challenge with you and sjurat in hopes that either of you would have taken me. Because I thought the only one I could beat in the Final 2 was you.
I just want to point out that horvie voted for you more than I did. Not that it means he screwed you over more, but I think your confusing the fact. Just because it was my idea doesn't mean that it was just me. I planted the seed and the others agreed and wanted you out. I actually was the one to convince them to change their vote to keep you over bob when there was a tie after they wanted to break our original promise to you. So I actually screwed you one less time than horvie. :)

And you knew that. 

So, the fact that the guy on the side of that split I chose was directing the three new players was more of my point.

I will say that you lost my vote when I knew that it was you that championed voting out stalagna. 

It may be the right strategical move, but I was the one that gave you the numbers, and you betrayed what I did for you one vote later.

Yeah, but how can you determine what everyone is going to use to decide to vote?

Casey led the charge for me, and I would have voted for him to win?  Different minds think differently.

You can't. That's why it was 4-3 vote. Obviously, they both played a great game.

I won't myself on record as, if you screw me, I won't vote for you so eliminate me before the jury or don't screw me.

Arfy has basically just said, please screw me if you want my vote, but again, he is not playing anymore lol

Me either most likely, but I have said that before.
1/3/2013 12:35 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/3/2013 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Tyson, can you posts the results of the aggie vote on 12/10.  I was curious about that vote when it happened, that was the vote that ended me and arfy relationship's as the votes made me realize arfy had to be in with part of the "big 4".
Because you didn't vote against the Big 4 in that vote. Had they voted you out instead of caesari in their last vote, I likely would have voted with sjurat and that tribe and it would have be 6-4 against trevnasty, I suspect.

The original talk was for trevnasty from one side and sjurat from the other. The I switched the target to nyaggie from sjurat to protect sjurat. In the end, nyaggie and Casey voted with ghutton against  sjurat. sjurat voted for trev, and the rest of us voted for nyaggie, including you, which meant you and I were with the Big 4 at that point.
Dubs, what are you talking about?  You weren't even in the tribe when we voted Nyaggie off.  You were on the other team.
1/3/2013 12:38 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/3/2013 12:35:00 AM (view original):

And you knew that. 

You can't. That's why it was 4-3 vote. Obviously, they both played a great game.

I won't myself on record as, if you screw me, I won't vote for you so eliminate me before the jury or don't screw me.

Arfy has basically just said, please screw me if you want my vote, but again, he is not playing anymore lol

I'm not saying 'screw me'.  I'm saying......actually play the game!  Outwit, outlast, outplay.  You play an honest game and you aren't doing any of these 3 more than likely.
1/3/2013 12:40 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/3/2013 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 1/3/2013 12:33:00 AM (view original):

Dubs, what are you talking about?  You weren't even in the tribe when we voted Nyaggie off.  You were on the other team.
nyaggie was the first vote of the Merge. 

Me, you, jhard, trev and Horvie voted for him

sjurat voted for trevnasty

Casey, ghutton, nyaggie and tsut voted for sjurat I believe

caesari was the last tribe vote for you guys. He came in 12th
We then voted out bhazlewood in our last vote
1/3/2013 12:41 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/3/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 1/3/2013 12:35:00 AM (view original):

And you knew that. 

I'm not saying 'screw me'.  I'm saying......actually play the game!  Outwit, outlast, outplay.  You play an honest game and you aren't doing any of these 3 more than likely.
You do realize we are discussing strategy here Loren. There are no right answers to these things. 

Point 2. I certain don't claim to have played completely honestly.

Does anybody?
1/3/2013 12:43 AM
Oh!!!!!!  That's right!  I forgot!!!!!  It's been so long!

I belive Dubs is right!

1/3/2013 12:44 AM
Sorry Dubs, that's the weird thing about forums.  You can't sense someone's tone.  I am not questioning you, I was just giving my point of view.  Let's just agree that you were screwed from the start.  lol
1/3/2013 12:46 AM
Nah, no hard feelings. 

I find the whole nuance of Survivor fastening. It's really hard to determine what is the right balance between making moves to get to the end and making sure that you have people that think you should win on the jury.

If you're Boston Rob, you can screw everyone and have them applaud you for it.

If you're Evil Russell, you can't get many votes that way.

Look at this season, did Denise play better than Skupin? I don't think so. She lost all the freaking time. He was a target from Day 1 and yet managed to never have a single vote cast against him, even though they didn't really like him. He moved at the exact right time, and got himself to the end. He just had no avenue to winning no matter what.

That's why it is so fascinating.
1/3/2013 12:58 AM (edited)
I though Denise should have won over Skupin.  Denise was at EVERY single tribal.

AND I think the biggest robbery in all of survivor is not rewarding Russell with something.  His gameplay was inspiring.  Funny thing is that I though I was going to hate him when I saw him bury the shoes or whatever it was that he did on the very first episode.  But the things that he did week in and week out just amazed me to the point to which I really respected.

1/3/2013 12:59 AM
I would have voted for Malcolm to win over everyone else.
1/3/2013 1:01 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/3/2013 12:59:00 AM (view original):
I though Denise should have won over Skupin.  Denise was at EVERY single tribal.

AND I think the biggest robbery in all of survivor is not rewarding Russell with something.  His gameplay was inspiring.  Funny thing is that I though I was going to hate him when I saw him bury the shoes or whatever it was that he did on the very first episode.  But the things that he did week in and week out just amazed me to the point to which I really respected.

Sure, it's easy from the outside to see someone burn a bunch of people and say what a great job they did, and maybe it is a great job to play that way and get everyone else out, but no one who see's the game that way, looks at the perspective of the people that got burned.  If you have a deal with a bunch of people, then break all those deals and make it to the end, you might see that as great strategy, and people on the outside looking in might see that as great strategy, but the people that got burned are very likely to be bitter.  People can talk all they want about who played the "best" game, but every season of Survivor, the jury are the ones who get to decide what criteria makes up the "best" game (admittedly, most juries vote for whoever screwed them less, but with that history, that should be part of your plan to win in the end).

Just because I don't directly lie to people, or break alliances, doesn't mean that I play a "clean" game.  I look at "outwitting" to mean out-maneuvering, slight of hand, influencing and getting others to do your "dirty work" for you.  I think you can play that way, without directly lying to someone and,  with careful wording, without breaking any alliances.  Lying seems like the easy way, and sure it works, but people have long memories and it will (well, should) only work once.

Then again, you CAN play that way as long as you bring someone with you to the end that played a similar style, if you can out-finesse them with the jury members on the way out, and the way you sell your speech/answer questions.  You and awags both burned bridges down to the ground last season, but I thought awags broke way more deals than you did and that you'd be a lock to win because of it...yet somehow awags swayed enough of the jury to take it.  Lots of different styles to play, and clearly lots of different styles win the game.  Just because I don't respect straight out lying as a strategy doesn't mean that I don't respect the fact that it can win.  Just as I don't get your assertion that playing a clean game "isn't playing the game".

1/3/2013 2:20 AM
Posted by stevedotdec on 1/3/2013 2:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 1/3/2013 12:59:00 AM (view original):

Sure, it's easy from the outside to see someone burn a bunch of people and say what a great job they did, and maybe it is a great job to play that way and get everyone else out, but no one who see's the game that way, looks at the perspective of the people that got burned.  If you have a deal with a bunch of people, then break all those deals and make it to the end, you might see that as great strategy, and people on the outside looking in might see that as great strategy, but the people that got burned are very likely to be bitter.  People can talk all they want about who played the "best" game, but every season of Survivor, the jury are the ones who get to decide what criteria makes up the "best" game (admittedly, most juries vote for whoever screwed them less, but with that history, that should be part of your plan to win in the end).

Just because I don't directly lie to people, or break alliances, doesn't mean that I play a "clean" game.  I look at "outwitting" to mean out-maneuvering, slight of hand, influencing and getting others to do your "dirty work" for you.  I think you can play that way, without directly lying to someone and,  with careful wording, without breaking any alliances.  Lying seems like the easy way, and sure it works, but people have long memories and it will (well, should) only work once.

Then again, you CAN play that way as long as you bring someone with you to the end that played a similar style, if you can out-finesse them with the jury members on the way out, and the way you sell your speech/answer questions.  You and awags both burned bridges down to the ground last season, but I thought awags broke way more deals than you did and that you'd be a lock to win because of it...yet somehow awags swayed enough of the jury to take it.  Lots of different styles to play, and clearly lots of different styles win the game.  Just because I don't respect straight out lying as a strategy doesn't mean that I don't respect the fact that it can win.  Just as I don't get your assertion that playing a clean game "isn't playing the game".

I only brought awags last season, because I bought into his bullshit.  He played me.  I'm your buddy....we can do this together.  I could have taken Mr. Mojo at the end, but I stayed true to my word.  As far as dirty work....he did all of it last season.  I just sat back and voted for whoever he told me to.  How you think I was dirty, I have no idea.  But in the end....He played a better game.  I would have voted for him too.  He played everyone.    No one is EVER going to agree  on what they look for in a wnner.  Maybe that is something that somebody should find out next time before the game begins.

And FYI- The reason i don't find playing a clean game "as playing the game"  is because you are not taking control of your own desitny.  If you can somehow do it, more power to you.  But the guy that does whatever he has to to get there to me is actually "playing the game".

1/3/2013 3:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...99|100|101|102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.