GD recruit priorities Topic

So here's the scenario - D1AA team - one scholarship left - scholarship offer on red recruit for D1A team for 4 days (hoping for drop down) - now is last cycle - to be safe added scholarship for another green recruit. How will the game decide who I get? If the D1A school can't complete the scholarship will he drop down before the green recruit is given the scholarship? Any ideas?
10/13/2012 9:16 PM
It's a guess. If you think the DIA is going to sign someone else, wait for the one you want. If you're not sure, offer both and hope for the best. I don't know of any logic for deciding the order of last-cycle signings.
10/13/2012 10:02 PM
waiting til the end is kind of a crap shoot especially when waiting for a DI drop down. in most cases that i've seen and experienced unless the effort put in by you was significant then the DI guy will walk on somewhere and the green guy will end up signing.

but it really just depends on if you're the school with the 2nd most effort in for the DI guy. or rather if he views you in that way.

10/13/2012 10:34 PM
The drop down didn't sign with me or the 1A school. I got the green recruit.
10/14/2012 1:26 AM
No such thing as drop-down in GD. He's either in your vision or not.
10/15/2012 12:54 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/14/2012 1:26:00 AM (view original):
the other coach likely didn't fill his class. If you aren't leading, you don't get the guy unless he fills. 
10/15/2012 3:52 PM
Posted by dano_chan on 10/15/2012 12:54:00 PM (view original):
I believe in GD a "drop down" refers to those players who are green to a D1A school, and within the vision of the D1AA school.  If not signed by the D1A school, the player will become available again, picking on the school with the next best interest, so sometimes dropping down to a D1AA school who couldn't get him interested in them when competing with any D1A schools.
10/15/2012 9:45 PM
Posted by kilgo on 10/15/2012 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/14/2012 1:26:00 AM (view original):
the other coach likely didn't fill his class. If you aren't leading, you don't get the guy unless he fills. 
I believe this is the case. He never was made available again and it would probably take two cycles to get him green to me at D1AA.  OR it still may be that the GD Sim filled my green recruit first making the drop down unavailable.
10/15/2012 9:47 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/15/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):
I believe in GD a "drop down" refers to those players who are green to a D1A school, and within the vision of the D1AA school.  If not signed by the D1A school, the player will become available again, picking on the school with the next best interest, so sometimes dropping down to a D1AA school who couldn't get him interested in them when competing with any D1A schools.
he was probably referencing that if the player is in your vision then he's not technically a drop down.

that's not exactly a accurate sentiment to have due to the potential issue of the higher the vision the more likely it is for a DI to drop down to recruit the player.
most DI teams are seeking top 50-75 ranked guys, others go top 100 and others still will go top 120 or so.
as you go further up the ladder the greater the risk of running into a DI either for back up purposes or for a lost battle replacement.
heck it could even be that the player is their primary.
10/15/2012 10:13 PM (edited)
Posted by mrfortune3 on 10/15/2012 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/15/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):
he was probably referencing that if the player is in your vision then he's not technically a drop down.

that's not exactly a accurate sentiment to have due to the potential issue of the higher the vision the more likely it is for a DI to drop down to recruit the player.
most DI teams are seeking top 50-75 ranked guys, others go top 100 and others still will go top 120 or so.
as you go further up the ladder the greater the risk of running into a DI either for back up purposes or for a lost battle replacement.
heck it could even be that the player is their primary.
 So with a lower vision should you be more aggressive in recruiting since the D1 teams are less likely to drop down
that far?I realize they still will but with the primary competition being other D1AA teams I should be more aggressive and 
less patient.Am I reading that correctly?
10/16/2012 8:26 PM
If you're talking about your Eastern Illinois team, you should be safe, but your Tenn Tech team's vision is too high; you'll probably get one or two DIAs crashing your party.
10/19/2012 12:06 AM
 And I did scrodz. Still came out with a good class. 
That was my thinking with E. Illinois.Go ahead be a little more aggressive but still carry a good ammount of money
with me to after first signing.
D1AA is awesome to recruit.Competitive and strategically challenging.
Completely different animal than the lower divisions.

10/19/2012 7:42 PM
GD recruit priorities Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.