EASY IDEA FOR NORBERT Topic

Can you add the assistant scouting report to the "signed recruit" report?

Often times coaches don't spend the money to get the assistant scouting report(which is the gamble they take) but it would be nice to reveal there potential after the recruit has been signed.

Afterall, it is a little outlandish to think a coach will NEVER know his own recruits potential.

BTW, maybe all recruits potential could become public knowledge after they have been signed.  This way, would we could better familiarize whom we are beating or losing to.
11/5/2012 6:35 AM
I disagree, if you don't scout a player you don't deserve to know his potential.
11/5/2012 7:37 AM
I agree with Brad, but I *would* like the ability to save a player's scout reports to his profile, or just a tab that allows me to make player notes without having to keep my inbox full of old AC scout reports.
11/5/2012 8:39 AM
i put mine in the notes tab for each player I sign
11/5/2012 9:37 AM
Posted by waykbordr on 11/5/2012 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Ditto
11/5/2012 10:29 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 11/5/2012 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Ditto
But thats a PITA...woudl be much better if it was automated.
11/5/2012 11:06 AM
I definitely want to look at recruiting and practice, in how they can better help you evaluate your recruits and players.  I hate the "important information in emails" system, or at the very least there should be somewhere that consolidates what you learn from scouting in one place. Sort of like your scouting fills in the pieces.  But that's just thoughts at the moment and when this engine update gets somewhere, we will take some time to examine the other parts of the game.
11/5/2012 11:12 AM
Posted by norbert on 11/5/2012 11:12:00 AM (view original):
I definitely want to look at recruiting and practice, in how they can better help you evaluate your recruits and players.  I hate the "important information in emails" system, or at the very least there should be somewhere that consolidates what you learn from scouting in one place. Sort of like your scouting fills in the pieces.  But that's just thoughts at the moment and when this engine update gets somewhere, we will take some time to examine the other parts of the game.
I think if you scout a player all the information gained from the scouting report should be readily available when you click on the player.  So if I scout and learn his team plays a 3-4, when I click on the player and go to the formations tab it will be filled in with his knowledge.  Do the same thing for potential, attitude, etc.
11/5/2012 11:27 AM
Add Yatzr's tool and the GD Reports to the game.  Done.
11/5/2012 12:28 PM
I don't know what Yatzr's tool does but I do know they are implementing a way for you to rate your recruits and players according to your own rating system.  So while it isn't a ranking system like GDReports.com (click the links and buy stuff!) it does give new functionality which could help do a lot of the things you might use GDReports for... like roster set-up, evaluate positional needs prior to recruiting, etc.
11/5/2012 12:42 PM
Everything on the scouting report is fluff except the potential. If you do blind signings that is your own risk you should not be rewarded for that. WIS Position rankings are fluff too, just go to GD reports to find out the position rank of your player. I dont see how hard it is to type good, avg, or etc. potential to the player's note and hit save. I think more things need to be improve to the engine then stuff like this.
11/5/2012 12:52 PM
Posted by dano_chan on 11/5/2012 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Everything on the scouting report is fluff except the potential. If you do blind signings that is your own risk you should not be rewarded for that. WIS Position rankings are fluff too, just go to GD reports to find out the position rank of your player. I dont see how hard it is to type good, avg, or etc. potential to the player's note and hit save. I think more things need to be improve to the engine then stuff like this.
11/5/2012 1:11 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/5/2012 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mgm0461 on 11/5/2012 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Ditto
But thats a PITA...woudl be much better if it was automated.
+1
11/5/2012 1:34 PM
I would like to see a  AS  report come with the 4 RCs that the engine generates during the season for me to concider for recrutment.
11/5/2012 1:40 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 11/5/2012 1:40:00 PM (view original):
I would like to see a  AS  report come with the 4 RCs that the engine generates during the season for me to concider for recrutment.
That would give certain coaches an advantage over other coaches and be unfair advantage if coaches starts find STLs before the start of recruiting period.
11/5/2012 5:04 PM
12 Next ▸
EASY IDEA FOR NORBERT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.