Another Unrealistic Game Ending Topic

Look at this crap for an unrealistic game ending:

Northwood  #2      17
Ashland      #7      20

Northwood with the ball.

17-20 0:18               Own 49                1st & 10                         Offense: Shotgun Defense: Nickel
Jeremy Thomas completes a pass short middle to Ralph Snell for 1 yard (Kenneth Johnson).
17-20 0:13
Northwood calls a timeout - 1 remaining.
***** only five seconds to run a play and get a timeout *******

17 20 0:13               
50                        2nd & 9            Offense: Trips Defense: Dime
Jeremy Thomas completes a pass short middle to Ralph Snell for 4 yards (Samuel Rivera).
17-20 0:08 Northwood calls a timeout - 0 remaining.
***** Again, only five seconds to run a play and get a timeout *******

17-20 0:08 
             46                        3rd & 5            Offense: Shotgun Defense: Nickel
Jeremy Thomas completes a pass short middle to Nathan McKee for 5 yards (Willie Brantley).
***** only seven seconds to run a play and get set to run another *******

17-20 0:01              41                        1st & 10            
Offense: Trips Defense: Dime
TOUCHDOWN - Jeremy Thomas completes a pass deep middle to Robert Baird for 41 yards (Samuel Rivera).
***** Hail Mary with Trips against Dime, LB on coverage (how the hell is a LB on coverage with 6 DBS) ******** 

17-20 0:00
PAT - Luis Gardner makes the PAT

***** No way this sequence happens in college football gameplay.  Not enough time.  Huge game, unrealistic result
11/10/2012 9:05 PM
Sorry for your pain. Not a news flash, though.
11/10/2012 9:43 PM
I only have a problem with the 3rd down play...time should have expired since no TO was taken....that one is unrealistic...
11/10/2012 10:52 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/10/2012 10:52:00 PM (view original):
I only have a problem with the 3rd down play...time should have expired since no TO was taken....that one is unrealistic...
Clock stopped on the 1st down, but yeah, kinda unrealistic. Especially getting a WR isolated on a LB (twice) running dime.
11/11/2012 3:02 PM (edited)
To look at it from the other side of the ball how realistic is it for you defensivly to go from Nickel to Dime to Nickel to Dime on those 4 plays and getting a sub on and off.
11/11/2012 5:38 PM (edited)
Posted by scrodz on 11/11/2012 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/10/2012 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Clock stopped on the 1st down, but yeah, kinda unrealistic. Especially getting a WR isolated on a LB (twice) running dime.
duh...I didnt notice he got a 1st down...I was thinking it was 4th down.  
11/11/2012 6:33 PM
As for the 3rd down play has no one stopped to consider that Nathan McKee stepped out of bounds? The ineptness of our pbp doesn't reveal an out of bounds play.

I'm not excusing anything at all. This is just another example in a long list of the garbage we've played for over two years now.

11/11/2012 6:44 PM
Would be nice to see the pbp say "out of bounds at the XXX yd line"
11/11/2012 8:15 PM
So what, ur saying is that 1 in a thousand ending would not happen to you?  Not sure I see what ur "beef" is other than the fact that you'll probably never see this ending again.  Kinda like the Doug Flutie pass for a TD, happens very rarely and most likely you wont see it again.
11/11/2012 9:32 PM
The 3rd down play was a short middle pass so him getting out of bounds is slim to none.  One thing to remember though.  The clock stops on 1st downs.  Unlike in real life, this game knows that on 3rd and 5 if you gain 5 yards, then it is a 1st down and stops the clock.  So the offense would have possibly had time to snap it with 1 second remaining.  In real life, the clock would have ran out and unless reviewed, the game would have been over.  Of course, this game is very, very basic when it comes to yardage.  I mean at no point in the play by play have I ever seen a comment about the chains being brought out for a measurement.  I guess there are never any close plays in GD.  My son played in 3 peewee games this weekend and they had at least 1 measurement per game if not more.
11/12/2012 5:42 PM
Another Unrealistic Game Ending Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.