Leaving WIS for Greydog Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
good luck, have fun!
11/15/2012 6:01 PM
grey dog never updates their stuff. wolverine studios, maybe?
11/15/2012 6:16 PM
Wolverine is another idea too.... although I do really like Greydogs depth, and their basketball game is more updated & realistic too... just no schools below D1 for either sport
11/15/2012 6:27 PM
Posted by northstorm on 11/15/2012 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Wolverine is another idea too.... although I do really like Greydogs depth, and their basketball game is more updated & realistic too... just no schools below D1 for either sport
If you haven't already, check out the GDCFL (www.gdcfl.com); a Bowl Bound league with a lot of current and former GD'ers.
11/15/2012 6:46 PM
i bought bowl bound and had a ton of issues trying to install. it kept getting caught downloading a certain font, and the staff wasn't terribly helpful. 
11/15/2012 6:53 PM
I play GD (GDCFL and WWCF) however, I am not very good in either world with either team... a lot of options though and the logic seems to make more sense... most of the time
11/15/2012 8:53 PM
I think this is better than Bowl Bound, however I played it by myself not with other humans.
11/15/2012 10:45 PM
Some of what you are unhappy about should be better in the next engine.  Other issues, like Marquette and DePaul, will persist.  Given that the next engine has no release date, if you decide to go explore other options, I don't think anyone will blame you.  You are right.  Hitting WIS's revenue stream is the only recourse we have.  However, if you find yourself burnt out on the Greydog software in a few months, come back here and check out what people think about the new engine.  I think you'll be happier.

As I said before, good luck and have fun.  Life is too short to play on ****** servers.  <-- best gaming tip I can give you

11/16/2012 7:46 AM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 11/15/2012 8:53:00 PM (view original):
I play GD (GDCFL and WWCF) however, I am not very good in either world with either team... a lot of options though and the logic seems to make more sense... most of the time
I play both and am not good either.  Give it a try and see what you think.  Its just the one time charge for the software. 
11/16/2012 9:12 AM
cydrych... part of my frustration is that, whether via J Conte or Norbert (I think those are the past & current GD "bosses"), everyone who has been involved with GD for the past two or three YEARS is STILL waiting for all these corrections and fixes to be implemented.  In the interim, we get charged full pop for an inferior product.  I would walk out of a restaurant or clothing store, etc., if I received both bad service and bad product, so why should I---- or anyone with any common sense--- continue to pay WIS for their shoddy efforts?  I would bet a dime to a dollar that several months from now, everyone still left playing WIS' GD will still be waiting for the "updated" engine to be implemented. 

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice (or a dozen times) shame on me.  I am tired of being a chump, and I am encouraging everyone who enjoys sports simulations to try another game site.
11/16/2012 11:27 AM
I have only been playing here for about 5-6 months and I am enjoying the experience . I  don't have anything to compare this program to until the update comes out. I can appreciate the frustration the  coaches can have who have been here since the old engine . I have teams in a few worlds at Div 2 and 3 level and yes I have seen some odd things happenning , but I still love this game and take it for what it is , a game. Maybe one day when I can master game playing better , then I can see what the dissention is all about , that I am reading  here.
Until then I am happily doing my thing on here , winning some , losing some.
11/16/2012 1:07 PM
123 Next ▸
Leaving WIS for Greydog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.