Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Is there any consideration to starting a new world in conjunction with the new engine?  I understand we have a lot of empty spots in some worlds, but has this been thought up? Or has their been any consideration of slowly retiring some of the less active worlds to make the other worlds more full?  Just curious, I've have a lot of fun playing this game, just realized that beating up on a lot of sims is not as fun as beating up on some people that have feelings......
11/20/2012 2:27 PM
Posted by buckeye_jg on 11/20/2012 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mal247 on 11/20/2012 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mal247 on 11/20/2012 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by norbert on 11/20/2012 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Just to keep expectations reasonable, we have some time before beta will launch and beta will probably take almost 2 months to make sure things are running well, so I don't think the update will be pushed live for at least 3 GD seasons.  So I would count on playing the next 3 seasons under the current engine.  Plus when we push out the update, you'll have to wait for the season to roll over to move to the new engine, so possibly up to the next 4 seasons.
Care to place a wager on this? I will put any amount that you can cover on the "over".
I'm already on the kill list so it doesn't matter...but have you ever heard of underpromising and overdelivering? Or do you enjoy backing yourself into a corner? Rushing the release to meet your impossible expectations means that the product will suffer.

I'm not sure if your management understands that this is WIS LAST CHANCE WITH GD. You **** this one up, and it's game over.
O....M....G......
O...M...G....?

mal is right. This is without question the last chance for WIS as far as GD goes. If this fails it will go the way of the NASCAR game that WIS had. GD will be dead.

I hope that this succeeds. I have great doubts about it. norbert is the one who updated GD in Jan/Feb and the game has really went downhill since then. I do with all sincerity hope he gets this right though.

I do disagree with him though in the release of the beta. he says he doesn't want the majority to play the beta too soon so they won't sour on the experience. If its free and fully understood the users are going to understand that they are playing a beta and not the nearly finished product. Souring is coming by delaying the beta and having to play the present product.
11/20/2012 2:30 PM
Posted by ahrens on 11/20/2012 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Is there any consideration to starting a new world in conjunction with the new engine?  I understand we have a lot of empty spots in some worlds, but has this been thought up? Or has their been any consideration of slowly retiring some of the less active worlds to make the other worlds more full?  Just curious, I've have a lot of fun playing this game, just realized that beating up on a lot of sims is not as fun as beating up on some people that have feelings......
If you've played 50 seasons in a world with a team  would you want it to be your world that gets retired?

Might be some irate people who lose their team and decide they can get along w/o playing GD just fine.

11/20/2012 2:34 PM
Too funny I make a post that has nothing rude in it and it is removed. This just in WIS will now remove any post that does not say what a wonderful job they are doing so in that spirit.

Wow really so the beta that was supposed to start in September will be done some time in the near future. That is fantastic Norbert. I sure am glad I bought a 4 pack the last time you promised that beta was just around the corner. I am so thrilled that my last season is almost over since your last broken promise that I am going to buy another 4 pack. You are doing a super fantasic job. Keep it up
11/20/2012 2:34 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/20/2012 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Too funny I make a post that has nothing rude in it and it is removed. This just in WIS will now remove any post that does not say what a wonderful job they are doing so in that spirit.

Wow really so the beta that was supposed to start in September will be done some time in the near future. That is fantastic Norbert. I sure am glad I bought a 4 pack the last time you promised that beta was just around the corner. I am so thrilled that my last season is almost over since your last broken promise that I am going to buy another 4 pack. You are doing a super fantasic job. Keep it up
This is a great example of why they won't let us all play the beta now. If this thing is a flop which I suspect it will be based on the developers track record and it takes another 10 months to get back to this point,  WIS will not want you to be aware of its incompetancy and continue to spend your money on its 5packs.
11/20/2012 2:46 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/20/2012 2:34:00 PM (view original):

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
11/20/2012 2:49 PM
The depth chart changes alone will take 6 weeks to build and properly test. Same with the game plan changes.
11/20/2012 2:50 PM
/updateuser crickett13 -tard -killswitch_gd -killswitch_beta "Thanks for your feedback."

j/k
11/20/2012 3:04 PM (edited)
The kill switch is the only thing in the software that actually works as intended.

link to really lame game

Maybe my expectations are too high. I figured a guy like James Cano might be able to average more than 4.2 yards a carry and have a rush longer than 10 yards against a 539 rated SIM.
11/20/2012 3:23 PM
Would someone please explain to me the reason behind playing a game that you don't like and have publicly stated you don't expect to get better?  If you seriously feel that way, quit playing.
11/20/2012 3:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mal247 on 11/20/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/20/2012 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Would someone please explain to me the reason behind playing a game that you don't like and have publicly stated you don't expect to get better?  If you seriously feel that way, quit playing.
so i can talk **** to my 2 brothers who also play?
So play a game you vehemently hate to gloat about it with your brothers.... something doesn't add up.

Why don't you go play a different game causes less hatred?
11/20/2012 4:04 PM
If I hated playing the game that much, I would find some other way to talk **** to my brothers.  But that's just me.
11/20/2012 4:05 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/20/2012 4:05:00 PM (view original):
If I hated playing the game that much, I would find some other way to talk **** to my brothers.  But that's just me.
My sentiments precisely.
11/20/2012 4:06 PM
Posted by jibe717 on 11/20/2012 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ahrens on 11/20/2012 2:27:00 PM (view original):
If you've played 50 seasons in a world with a team  would you want it to be your world that gets retired?

Might be some irate people who lose their team and decide they can get along w/o playing GD just fine.

I get that. I would be upset if the only world that I participate in (Stagg) was chosen to be be retired. But I would also thoroughly enjoy having a world that was pretty full to fall back on, instead of 1/3ish full overall and pretty barren at D-2 and D-3.

I was just curious if the developers had considered these or if they planned on staying the course.
11/20/2012 4:14 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.